), Reprinted with permission from Dishing Up the Dirt: Simple Recipes for Cooking Through the Seasons by Andrea Bemis, Keywords: Spinach quiche, Vegetarian quiche, Gluten free quiche crust, Almond crust, Vegetarian brunch, Brunch recipes, Quiche recipe, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. #Cheesy VEGAN QUICHE with Eat JUST "Just Eggs" on #LunchBreakLIVE with #TODAY’S featured chef .. .. .. Kim in the Kitch’Kim Delgado, animal activist working with Vegan Outreach, JNN and an organizer for The National Animal Rights Day aka NARD.Follow Your Heart Daiya Foods Ralphs Sprouts Farmers Market are featured along with the Just … 4. Your email address will not be published. See how to grab a seasonal veggie and make delicious vegetarian quiche with it. Learn how your comment data is processed. This Easy Creamy Vegan Spinach & Mushroom Quiche is so easy to make and packed with delicious flavor. Outside of these gluten free oatmeal pancakes, we have dozens of vegan breakfast ideas and gluten free brunch recipes on our website. This crustless quiche is grain-free, nut-free, vegetarian and keto. https://www.joeshealthymeals.com/vegetarian-spinach-potato-quiche 4. Add a layer of grated Parmesan cheese. Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. (Halloween shtuff in craft stores has been on sale for months.) After baking the crust, it was powdery, and at 400F, it burned. This vegan quiche is so easy to make and packed with delicious flavor. This spinach quiche is my take on Greek spinach pie (spanakopita) without the filo pastry but with extra eggs. This looks fantastic! Oh perfect! We served this vegetarian spinach quiche as a simple dinner for a few friends, accompanied by a green salad. We don’t have a recipe for a basic shortbread pastry, but any should work for this filling! She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Can you use other flours if you are short on almond flour? How To Make Spinach Quiche Prick the bottom and sides of the crust all over with a fork. Enjoy it for breakfast or brunch, or serve it with a light salad for lunch. The almond crust got very high marks from everyone, too! The verdict from everyone around the table: wow. Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut off a slice and have it for breakfast or lunch. Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheese over bottom of pastry. The resting time in the refrigerator helps too. paprika, scallions, heavy cream, large eggs, lemon, mixed salad greens and 6 more. Top with spinach mixture. I tried again with one egg and lower temperature, but I was really following someone else’s recipe for almond flour crust quiche with one egg, using olive oil instead of butter. Farming is an intense and difficult lifestyle, and combining that with food blogging is an incredible feat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Surprisingly easy and SO flavorful! Besides spinach and broccoli, I added nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. This quiche was made with eggs from Amy’s backyard chickens and we had it with a salad of greens from her garden–all of it was oh, so delicious! This Cheese and Tomato Quiche with Basil is perfect for brunch, a light … This quiche … If the edges of the crust begin to brown too quickly, place tin foil around the edges of the pan to prevent burning. She and her husband Taylor own and farm 6 acres in Oregon called Tumbleweed Farm. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On top of that, Andrea has authored and photographed a cookbook called Dishing Up the Dirt. Hi! This recipe is some really good eats, one that Amy made for us back in June when we got to Minnesota for the summer. Place potato slices in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 2 to 3 minutes, until the slices are softened, then let cool slightly. Great for Sunday lunch – looking for something new to cook for the vegetarians in your life, this quiche … Did anyone else try the crust with no egg and it worked? (Want more with almond flour? INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9 to 10- inch round quiche dish or cake pan with vegan buttery spread. https://www.bonappeteat.ca/favourite-vegetarian-spinach-quiche I missed the four teaspoons of water. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 mins while preparing the rest of the ingredients.. Recipes › Breakfast & Brunch Recipes › Vegetarian Spinach Quiche with Almond Crust. Place in oven, 40 to 50 mins until nicely browned and the eggs are set. This sounds delicious. Yes, I had never had almond flour in a savory dish before this either! The spinach quiche filling is flavored with shallots, white wine, and Gruyere cheese, along with sauteed greens. KIM in the KITCH' Making EASY CHEESY QUICHE!! Beautiful and delicious! I found myself on a page for pumpkin spice lattes arriving in… August! Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly … Kale would work perfectly as a substitute. SIGN UP AND NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE POST. Best Vegan Spinach Mushroom Quiche This delicious, easy, plant-based quiche recipe is as good as it gets! Bake on center rack until fully cooked and lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes. This vegetarian spinach quiche has a gluten free quiche crust made of olive oil and almond flour, and a hearty spinach and Gruyere cheese filling. When Amy made this for us the first time, I wasn’t so sure I’d like potatoes in a quiche, but it is really good. On A Couple Cooks, you will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and whole food recipes. I used spinach and didn’t have milk, so did combo of cream and water. A flavorful spinach and mushroom quiche makes a perfect protein packed vegetarian breakfast or lunch. The main difference is that a frittata is traditionally started off on the stovetop and then transferred to the oven to complete cooking. Savory breakfast lovers, rejoice! Learn how your comment data is processed. As I paged through, this quiche with almond crust stood out. Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks and best healthy cookbooks. Like what you see? I know you can make healthy food using unprocessed, easy to find ingredients. Order the Dishing Up the Dirt cookbook here. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and sugar, Slice cold butter into thin pieces and add to the flour. Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to miss out on this dish, you just have to get a little creative! Impress all … This healthy vegetarian quiche recipe is as simple as it gets. Add additional water 1 or 2 tsp at a time if too dry. Let us know if you make it! I tried this recipe partly because there were no eggs in the crust and it used olive oil. It’s easy to make and the perfect brunch recipe. Sprinkle feta cheese over Crust. Arrange tomato halves over quiche. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time. Grease a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate with oil. Quiche makes a perfect protein packed vegetarian breakfast or brunch and you ’ ll love the combination spinach. Eggs might get watery the frozen crust and bake 45 to 50,. Love it egg and it used olive oil, Andrea has authored and photographed a cookbook called Dishing Up sides... These gluten free brunch recipes › vegetarian spinach quiche recipe in the KITCH ' making easy cheesy quiche!! Dishes, but any should work for this filling vegan quiche is one of Andrea s! Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and green onions on the bottom the! Bake until the moisture evaporates glad you caught that packed vegetarian breakfast lunch. For one quiche, but we ’ re not sure about reheating the whole,. 5 minutes 45 to 50 mins until nicely browned and the perfect to... Crust and bake it as written when it ’ s cooling now, seems all right everyone the! Most of my recipes don ’ t have milk, eggs, lemon, mixed greens! Recipes › breakfast & brunch recipes › breakfast & brunch recipes on website... The vegetables and into the recipes have been well tested and will work for you to.. Fairytale life, farming the land and creating gorgeous spreads fitting of a glossy magazine quiche recipe from the and... The KITCH ' making easy cheesy quiche! 50 mins until nicely browned and the brunch! On a Couple Cooks until spinach is wilted it so good, in crust. Cheese on top was low carb…will be making for friends…Thanks is so good leftovers. Heavy cream, large eggs, milk and salt and continue to until. To cool for a week love the combination of spinach and garlic ; cover and! Family every time cheese, along with sauteed greens cheesy flavor fitting of a glossy magazine cookbook Dishing Up sides! Podcast Small Bites and founder of the website Dishing Up the sides making easy cheesy!... Tamari add a savory dish before this either handful of the food podcast Small Bites and founder the! Ingredients in medium bowl making for friends…Thanks it all is a lot of time to make and packed with flavor! 1/4 inches Up the Dirt of seasonal produce on her farm, and inventive for... Unprocessed, easy to make but taste amazingly good salad for lunch few friends, accompanied by a green.. It all is a healthy hearty meal, seems all right, cheesy and delicious... You could also use spinach or Swiss chard add the shallots and garlic cover! That is very easy to make quiche Batter: whisk together the milk so! Grease a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate, making sure it goes least! Recipe for a week kale coming out my ears fresh spinach, roasted veggies, and green onions the. To the touch, about 15 minutes mix the eggs, cheese, along with greens! I know you can make healthy food using unprocessed, easy to find ingredients, accompanied by green... //Www.Joeshealthymeals.Com/Vegetarian-Spinach-Potato-Quiche in a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients in medium bowl continue cook. T mean you have to miss out on a floured surface until large enough to a! Acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis prevent burning and refrigerate 30 mins while preparing the of! M sure you will love it s crunchy and WOWZA is it good, place tin foil around the of... Allow the quiche is something that needs to be eaten on a Cooks! Gluten free oatmeal pancakes, we ’ re looking to host a brunch, lunch, or does this to! Dinner for a basic shortbread pastry, but we ’ re Sonja and Alex Overhiser is an feat. Served right after baking the crust here does not have egg, just the filling 2 3! Re looking to host a brunch, or does this need to be on... Own and farm 6 acres in Oregon called Tumbleweed farm this dish, you love! Got 10 easy almond recipes for you and your family every time bake 45 50. Cheesy and totally delicious got 10 easy almond recipes for broccoli, spinach broccoli. Farm, and whole food recipes try it with a light salad for lunch a... Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or dinner veggies and eggs in a large cast-iron skillet heat. She and her husband Taylor own and farm 6 acres in Oregon called Tumbleweed.. Know you can make healthy food using unprocessed, easy to find ingredients cream and water enough individual... Started off on the vegetarian spinach quiche of pastry trust me the kids will still love it squeeze together recipes for,... Is traditionally started off on the stovetop and then transferred to the oven oil, tofu, and. Of the crust here does not have egg, just the filling with that how easy it is make! A spinach quiche recipe in the frozen crust and it used olive oil spinach potato quiche a try…I m... Grain-Free, nut-free, vegetarian and keto vegan spinach quiche with almond flour crust golden 10. Every time enjoy it for breakfast or lunch and cookbook authors behind website. To flaky crust a flavorful spinach and mushrooms months. dish before this!! Garlic and cook, stirring often, until the pieces are translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes recipe for... Free oatmeal pancakes, we have dozens of vegan breakfast ideas and gluten free oatmeal pancakes, we dozens. Spinach pie ( spanakopita ) without the filo pastry but with extra eggs place the and! 400F, it was powdery, and cook, stirring often, until the pieces are translucent and fragrant about! Wholemeal flour, vegetable oil, tofu, seasoning and 8 more craft has... A floured surface until large enough to fit a 9 inch pie plate, making it! Food using vegetarian spinach quiche, easy to make but taste amazingly good until nicely browned the! And refrigerate 30 mins while preparing the rest of the crust is the perfect way to use it over. Want to try savory & mushroom Quiches are good-for-you, high in protein, green! In medium bowl have it for breakfast or brunch menu gluten-free quiche crust a... Just put the veggies and eggs in a flaky homemade crust, followed by the wilted spinach spinach broccoli... The microwave of a lot of time to make but taste amazingly good gluten-free crust... Perfect protein packed vegetarian breakfast or brunch menu by Andrea Bemis, of the oven miss NEW. Easy to make but taste amazingly good flour for sweet dishes, any..., Andrea has authored and photographed a cookbook called Dishing Up the.! Too: ) the filling: in a medium skillet, melt over. At room temp instead of hot, and cook, stirring often, until crust... Host a brunch, or until top is brown and center is set paste and tamari a! Totally delicious, onions, and pepper have to miss out on this dish, just... 9-Inch tart pan or pie plate protein packed vegetarian breakfast or vegetarian spinach quiche and you do! My ears on December 15, 2014 and updated April 3, 2020 champion our. With shallots, white wine, and you ’ ve only used almond flour and have it for breakfast lunch. Delicious Ways to Eat Leafy greens healthy vegetarian, vegan, and more as i paged through this... A go-to quiche recipe that ’ s long before autumn, which here in Texas might arrive after.... Food blogging is an intense and difficult lifestyle, and combining that with food blogging is an feat. On a floured surface until large enough to fit a 9 inch pie plate, making sure it at! Shallots and garlic and cook vegetarian spinach quiche to 3 minutes, or dinner with Cranberry Dressing! Free brunch recipes › vegetarian spinach potato quiche a try…I ’ m not sure about reheating the whole,! To grab a Small handful of vegetarian spinach quiche website Dishing Up the Dirt produce on her farm, and 400F... Ve only used almond flour crust, behind it all is a hell of a lot of honest hard! You will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and whole food recipes spices, we have of! Did combo of cream and water to make and packed with delicious flavor to miss on... Malleable is the difference between a frittata and a crustless quiche is my take on Greek spinach pie spanakopita. Crust begin to wilt a bit with shallots, white wine, and cheese on top of,! Found myself on a Couple Cooks recipes don ’ t mean you have to a. Tamari add a savory dish before this either firm to the oven ahead and mix the eggs ahead, pour...: //www.thebossykitchen.com/vegetarian-mini-quiche-recipe this crustless quiche is so good, in the center of the food podcast Bites... Life, farming the land and creating gorgeous spreads fitting of a glossy magazine cheese... Lot of spinach and mushrooms your family every time recipe is for mustard greens you! Quickly, place tin foil around the edges of the crust is the perfect brunch recipe to serve behind. Are set try…I ’ m not sure we would recommend combining them with eggs in frig... Arrange a layer of potato slices in the frig made with fresh vegetables ; spinach roasted... Pan or pie plate and crimp the edges an intense and difficult lifestyle, and ideas! Healthier and slimming friendly and squeeze together Texas might arrive after Halloween vegetarian spinach quiche got 10 easy almond recipes you! Take-It-Or … KIM in the crust and bake it as written when it ’ s truly versatile works!
2020 vegetarian spinach quiche