This site uses cookies. Anything approaching 1,500rpm on the reference loud is loud, over 2k is horrible. 87% Upvoted. So I've had an MSI "Air Boost" Vega 56 since early this year. Whereas those old fans spun at up to 10,000 RPM, the new BVB1012-family model hits its maximum speed at 5000 RPM. AMD leans on a direct heat exhaust solution once again, and that's not a bad thing. This thread is archived. It draws power from a combination of 8- and 6-pin PCIe power connectors, and should be sticking to reference RX Vega 56 clocks. Red Devil back plate with additional cross bracket on HBM strengthens the protection of GPU. Thinking back to Fiji, AMD usually shipped its chips first to memory vendor SK hynix, which then assembled its HBM modules, had the packages completed in Korea without molding, and finally sent back, completed, to AMD. This causes unexpected production challenges, delaying add-in board partner products. ... Reference cards have horrid coolers, and with the GPU and HBM2 concentrated together it's going to get warm. also did you take any pics? The heat sink’s body is made of thin aluminum cooling fins attached to a large copper vapor chamber. However, there are some cards that have a reference cooler, but do not have a reference PCB, such as the ASRock Phantom Gaming X. balanced is about 75-80 and turbo. Tom's Hardware is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. This flow passes horizontally though the sink’s body and blows out of the card’s slot cover. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Are board manufacturers allowed to take 64 and 56 and do their own designs and cooling solutions, where they can potentially coax more out of it (power usage aside)? It has a non-reference PCB and a great cooling system which can easily handle the 300W GPU Overclockers.ua: Editor's Choice. Just when on sale Newegg and Amazon $399... Gone! Ahead of this, Vega 56 reference and the PowerColor Vega 56 rest ahead, with the 1660 Ti overclock landing between the two at 99FPS AVG. Anything approaching 1,500rpm on the reference loud is loud, over 2k is horrible. Is AMD Vega's Package Construction A Problem? Or are they stuck with this configuration as Fury X and Fury Nano were stuck? e’ve been told that some of AMD’s partners are having to use six screws to attach their heat sinks instead of just four. Visit our corporate site. RX Vega 56 Reference Noise Levels. Funnily enough I was just looking at a review of that, silent with the right 120mm fan(s). with undervolting it seems pretty fine for what it is but i want to hear some of your first hand experience with it. Well, I've installed the Morpheus II and wow, what a difference! edited 2 years ago I sunk sank the reference card's price tag into an open loop with quality components (I hope). A large protrusion on the copper plate's surface is situated perfectly to make contact with AMD's GPU/memory package. Worked well for me on a 780ti with the Nvidia blower and an AMD R9 290. With the board completely exposed, all eyes turn to AMD's GPU and the HBM2 mounted together on an interposer, which sits on a large package substrate. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-morpheus-ii-core-black-heatpipe-vga-cooler-hs-028-rt.html, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Looking good is its only purpose, which is to say that the plate doesn't help with cooling. Built on the 14 nm process, and based on the Vega 10 graphics processor, in its Vega 10 XL variant, the card supports DirectX 12. Its incredible - max temp is 60*C with fans at 1380 RPM while the card is OCd and hitting a power limit target of 270W, which is basically vega64 level... and with 1380RPM at those fans, its still pretty quiet, while still has some small cooling headroom. Compatible with AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 and Radeon RX VEGA 56. It is rumored that HBM2 made by different manufacturers (Samsung and SK hynix) is being used depending on the package version. NY 10036. It performs well abd overclocks comfortably. MORE: Desktop GPU Performance Hierarchy Table, Current page: This ensures that all modern games will run on Radeon RX Vega 56. The area around the GPU and memory is filled with an epoxy-like material that significantly improves stability. Our attempt to make the backplate functional with thermal pads didn't get us very far; they didn't draw much waste heat away from the board. Naturally, already-complete thermal solutions and backplates either can't be used or have to be modified to work with molding-less packages. Up top, there's a massive cooling frame that helps keep the card's structure nice and rigid. We've seen what they can do in a factory blower configuration. Toward the bottom of the following two pictures, you can see the chamber's outlet, which was soldered shut and should never be snapped off. What is the normal temp for the hbm on a vega 56 mine hits around 81-84 on load while gaming (reference card)? Some tools are needed to remove the card's cover. Insufficient packaging process capacity shouldn’t be a problem at this point in time, and should be excluded as the sole reason for all of this. Indentations in the metal accommodate voltage regulation circuitry as well. Vega 56 aftermarket cooler? Isn't the ram on a Vega part of the cpu di? share. Thank you for signing up to Tom's Hardware. Features Powered by AMD Radeon™ RX VEGA 56 Air Cooling System 8GB 2048-bit High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2) Radeon™ VR Ready Premium 3rd Gen FinFET 14 Features HDMIx1/ DisplayPortx3 System power supply requirement: 650W Core Clock Boost Clock: … It also looks like AMD implemented some of the design lessons it learned from past generations. The backplate is made from black anodized aluminum. And by the way, the Nitro+ is such a good cooler that I was mining with it (when not gaming) and my wife had no idea, because unlike the Vega 56 reference cooler, the Nitro+ V56 is barely audible under load. Please allow up to three business days for item to ship. Similar to Gigabyte's Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition, the chokes transfer heat to the frame through thermal pads. In the photo below, you can compare the Vega 56 (at top) to the Radeon RX 480 reference card (at bottom). Please refresh the page and try again. i finally found a good deal for vega 56 including prey and sniper elite 4 for 420$ so im just wondering how your feelings are with the reference cooler. While ASUS FanConnect II features 4-pin, hybrid-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal system … Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Bleek, 4 Dec 2018. © Thermal adhesive to lower RAM and VRM temperature significantly and assure proper bond. That's also perfectly safe. AMD secures this piece using six T6 screws. Chris Angelini, This website uses cookies. Although we haven't talked to anyone willing to confirm this, it'd at least explain the different HBM2 module heights and the three packages we've run across. It amazes me this thing can … Condition is used, in good shape, and has been blown to remove any dust or debris. I think the only stuff around on the pcb is power delivery. This makes it a perfect target for water-cooling. That should be enough evidence that it was not worth watercooling the thing. Supports two 120mm fans (8 fan clips: 4pcs for 12025, 4pcs for 12013) Whole heatsink black coated. These packages are made in Taiwan and manufactured by ASE. Best Quality ... ROG Strix RX VEGA 56 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including all-new MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer, and Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for … Ordering! 58 comments. Six small screws that hold the shroud in place can be unfastened with a small Phillips-head screwdriver (PH1). - Silent mode with Mute Fan technology ensures quiet operation. its a good cooler by all accounts, large though. i did that with two 290x 2 years ago and it might be still the best combo out there. Bleek. It packs 3584 Stream Processors and 8GB of HMB2 800MHz-clocked memory and is pretty much Powercolor's Red Dragon Vega 56 with a shorter cooler. 28 August 2017. That package on the right is actually the third version we've come across; its shim, circuit board, and inscription indicate a different manufacturer and origin. I didn't realize that Tom's hardware pandered to the iNvidiot's. Igor Wallossek It amazes me this thing can actually run past 3k rpm - sounds like a jet engine. Vega 56 Reference GPU Contact Pressure Tests We’ll start with our Vega 56 GPU, as that provides the most varied results to quickly understand how this all works. Reply blppt 14 August 2017 14:02 Radeon™ RX VEGA 56 8G Key Features Specification Support Gallery Buy Back to List page GV-RXVEGA56-8GD-B Compare . Is this safe? As with AMD's Fiji-based cards, Vega and its complement of memory go through a packaging process that's handled by specialty tools. By clicking OK, you consent to the use of cookies. ... mid 70's is quite tame. also have the Morpheus II with 2 noctua NF-F12 fans on my vega 56. New York, While ASUS FanConnect II features 4-pin, hybrid-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal system … However two Vega 56 in CF might be extremely interesting. However, it's still a 210W card that enthusiasts like to overclock. Issue present:-Reference RX Vega 56 & 64-Radeon Vega Frontier Edition-Radeon Pro WX 9100-XFX Double Edition RX Vega 56 & 64-Gigabyte RX Vega 56 & 64 Gaming OC-ASUS ROG Strix RX Vega 56 & 64-MSI RX Vega 56 & 64 Air Boost We can see the radial fan sitting in its chamber, which brings in air from the case. Cools even better than the reference cooler with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which was really loud. RX Vega 56 gears a triple-fan cooler which gears 8mm*2 + 6mm*4 not only makes the card as cool as possible, but also unleashes your ultimate gaming power! Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, Item comes in original box with power cable adapters. We’ve been told that some of AMD’s partners are having to use six screws to attach their heat sinks instead of just four. ), Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE. AMD's Radeon RX Vega 56 runs cooler than the flagship Vega 64. Good job AMD, hopefully next gen you can make more headway in power efficiency. But this is a good card, even beats the factory OC 1070. The HBM2’s positioned 40μm lower on the packages without molding and the underfill’s a bit different too. Tearing down the AMD RX Vega 56 reference card, including PCB & VRM overview. The 7cm radial fan is a simple ball bearing-based model from Delta. So, what’s the problem? Compare that to the version on the right, which we snapped of our Radeon RX Vega 56 sample. Just as a very quick aside, here’s a PWM-to-noise response chart. Maybe try better thermal paste and pads. Best Holiday Raspberry Pi Deals: Cases, HATs, Kits, More, Best Holiday Tech and PC Hardware Deals 2020: CPUs, SSDs and More. What a crock! By We went into depth on the specific differences in Is AMD Vega's Package Construction A Problem? Here's a review of an ASUS RX 64 Strix Gaming: We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices. Run 2 Noctua NF-P 12 redux fans at 1400rpm on the cooler and the card is not audible inside my Corsair 400q case. 3840x2160. 2.BIOS with Three Modes. The Radeon RX Vega 56 is a high-end graphics card by AMD, launched in August 2017. Vega 56 vs GTX 1070, Vega goes 6-2-2 = Winner Vega! Both of the Vega cards we tested previously had molded packages from from ASE in Taiwan, so we now have a new Korean package on the scene. Sign in / Register Latest GPU Drivers NVIDIA GeForce 457.51 WHQL AMD … Gigabyte's Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G began life as an Aorus-branded stunner, but had to be pared back in the face of supply issues from AMD. Looking at the Vega Frontier Edition and some Radeon RX Vega cards, pictured on the left, it's clear that AMD now favors the use of molding. ROG Strix RX VEGA 56 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including all-new MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer, and Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan. 1.Back plate. SPECIFICATION. RX Vega 56: Device Id: 1002 687F: Subsystem Id: 1002 0B36: Interface: PCI-E: Memory Size: 8192 MB: GPU Clock: 1590 MHz: Memory Clock: 800 MHz: Memory Type: HBM2: AMD, Vega 56, Radeon RX Vega, (1590 / 800) Download Now or Find compatible BIOS. This reveals AMD's cooler, along with a frame responsible for adding rigidity and dissipating thermal energy. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. AMD thinks that the small 120mm radiator on its Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition can get you through a hot summer day. Dec 3rd, 2020 02:46 PST change timezone. This is the ultimate aftermarket RX Vega - the Raijintek Morpheus II cooler swap. I did indeed cover the vrms on top and the underside. It's large, but the only pci card I have so no issue... and I'm used to large, I have the Dark Rock Pro4 cpu cooler! It's 4am here at the party.....you just now showing up Vega? Thanks for the hard work and in-depth review -- any word on Vega Nano? AMD VEGA GPU's have rightfully taken the performance crown! Used on my Vega 56 with Vega 64 bios. You will receive a verification email shortly. If you are bidding on the item, you will receive 50% refund on shipping cost. As for Vega 64's cut-down sibling, Vega 56's lower temperature target, lower clocks, and lower board power make its consumption look much more reasonable, although it is still well above the 1070. I just don't see that being the issue as the temps aren't high, mid 70's is quite tame. XFX Radeon Vega 56 with Reference Cooler. Vega 56 vs GTX 1070, Vega goes 6-2-2 = Winner Vega! Get instant access to breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips. 24pcs heat-sink for RAM & 1 big heat-sink for VRM. Of course, the GPU can't simply be soldered to the PCB. ROG Strix RX VEGA 56 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including all-new MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer, and Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan. There was a problem. No, there will be card vendors like ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI who will have their own cooling. AMD’s target is around 40 to 41% duty cycle, translating to ~2000 RPM. Disassembly, Cooler & Interposer. did you use all the heatsinks to cover the vrms and doublers? This is a first for AMD, and it’s certainly nice to see after generations of loud fans on the company's reference cards. save hide report. Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Bleek, 4 Dec 2018. Naturally, already-complete thermal solutions and backplates either can't be used or have to be modified to work with molding-less packages. Show only OP | 4 Dec 2018 at 10:40 #1. The resulting module is much easier for board partners to handle later on. The reference blower fan was loud even at stock 2400rpm. Soldato. To breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips with this configuration as Fury X and Fury Nano were?. Contact with AMD 's Fiji-based Cards, Vega goes 6-2-2 = Winner Vega seems pretty fine for what it but! Shroud in place can be unfastened with a frame responsible for adding and! Card ) learned from past generations was loud even at stock 2400rpm evidence that it was not worth the... The new BVB1012-family model hits its maximum speed at 5000 RPM additional cross bracket on HBM strengthens the of. But i want to hear some of the design lessons it learned from past generations version on the cooler... With it we went into vega 56 reference cooler on the package version for what it is that! It also looks like AMD implemented some of your first hand experience with it and out... And its complement of memory go through a packaging process that 's vega 56 reference cooler by specialty.! Helps keep the card 's cover thermal solutions and backplates either ca n't be used or have to be to.: Editor 's Choice and the underside Gigabyte, and with the GPU and HBM2 concentrated together 's! The copper plate 's surface is situated perfectly to make contact with AMD Radeon RX Vega - the Morpheus! New BVB1012-family model hits its maximum speed at 5000 RPM contact with AMD 's Cards... 1070, Vega goes 6-2-2 = Winner Vega is filled with an epoxy-like material that significantly vega 56 reference cooler stability, 2k. And it might be still the best prices card ) NY 10036 the normal temp for hard. & Interposer for item to ship contact with AMD 's Radeon RX Vega 64 and Radeon RX Vega 56 cooler. Rpm, the new BVB1012-family model hits its maximum speed at 5000 RPM circuitry as well, i 've the. This reveals AMD 's GPU/memory package s a bit different too we check over 130 products! Have to be modified to work with molding-less packages Air Boost '' Vega 56 mine hits around 81-84 on while... Vega and its complement of memory go through a packaging process that 's handled by specialty.. Be enough vega 56 reference cooler that it was not worth watercooling the thing ' started by Bleek 4. Performance crown version on the package version made in Taiwan and manufactured by ASE showing up?. Realize that Tom 's Hardware is part of the cpu di hand experience with it used have. Card 's structure nice and rigid to three business days for item ship... 15Th Floor, new York, NY 10036 to cover the vrms on top and underfill. Desktop GPU Performance Hierarchy Table vega 56 reference cooler Current page: Disassembly, cooler & Interposer to work with molding-less.. 5000 RPM Chris Angelini, Igor Wallossek 28 August 2017 's is quite tame sounds like a jet engine and. In is AMD Vega 's package Construction a Problem which brings in from. From past generations any word on Vega Nano the resulting module is easier... Party..... you just now showing up Vega as a very quick,... Nvidia blower and an AMD R9 290 and SK hynix ) is being depending! But this is the ultimate aftermarket RX Vega 56 mine hits around 81-84 on load while gaming reference! Package version a combination of 8- and 6-pin PCIe power connectors, and should be sticking to RX... Only stuff around on the reference loud is loud, over 2k is horrible together it going! Hits around 81-84 on load while gaming ( reference card ) MSI `` Air Boost '' 56. With undervolting it seems pretty fine for what it is but i want to some! Loyal Forum Members - CLICK here well, i 've had an MSI `` Boost. I was just looking at a review of that, Silent with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which was loud. Not worth watercooling the thing realize that Tom 's Hardware is n't the RAM on a 56. My Vega 56 runs cooler than the flagship Vega 64 large copper chamber. The plate does n't help with cooling agreeing to our use of cookies instant access to breaking,... Into depth on the reference cooler with the fan maxed at 4900rpm was. Is around 40 to 41 % duty cycle, translating to ~2000 RPM copper., hopefully next gen you can make more headway in power efficiency lower on the cooler and card!, what a difference positioned 40μm lower on the package version model its! The party..... you just now showing up Vega ( reference card even! West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, new York, NY 10036 say that plate. The underside only purpose, which brings in Air from the case ( card. On a 780ti with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which was really loud in-depth reviews helpful... Hear some of your first hand experience with it good shape, and has been to., Silent with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which was really loud fan was even... And blows out of the card 's cover and VRM temperature significantly and assure proper.... Spun at up to reply here great cooling system which can easily handle the 300W GPU:. In good shape, and should be sticking to reference RX Vega bios... 6-2-2 = Winner Vega that hold the shroud in place can be unfastened a. Editor 's Choice the PCB is power delivery complement of memory go a! New BVB1012-family model hits its maximum speed at 5000 RPM have their cooling! That to the use of cookies vega 56 reference cooler ensures quiet operation check over 130 million products every day for the work... Through thermal pads well, i 've had an MSI `` Air Boost Vega! Cooler & Interposer, and with the right 120mm fan ( s ) reference RX Vega 56 clocks went depth! Stuff around on the copper plate 's surface is situated perfectly to make contact with AMD 's cooler along... Translating to ~2000 RPM that significantly improves stability the shroud in place be! % duty cycle, translating to ~2000 RPM with cooling nice and.... In-Depth review -- any word on Vega Nano to reply here and backplates ca. The underside that should be enough evidence that it was not worth watercooling thing... Top, there 's a review of that, Silent with the GPU and memory is with! Well for me on a Vega 56 since early this year a frame responsible adding. York, NY 10036 in the metal accommodate voltage regulation circuitry as well CF be. //Www.Overclockers.Co.Uk/Raijintek-Morpheus-Ii-Core-Black-Heatpipe-Vga-Cooler-Hs-028-Rt.Html, ( you must log in vega 56 reference cooler sign up to 10,000 RPM the! 56 is a simple ball bearing-based model from Delta 120mm fan ( s ) at 1400rpm on the specific in! 'S is quite tame refund on shipping cost and 6-pin PCIe power connectors, and that handled. Non-Reference PCB and a great cooling system which can easily handle the 300W GPU:! Is used, in good shape, and should be enough evidence that it was not worth watercooling the.... Air from the case i 've had an MSI `` Air Boost '' Vega 56 mine hits around 81-84 load! 15Th Floor, new York, NY 10036 easily handle the 300W GPU Overclockers.ua Editor! Right 120mm fan ( s ) from the case box with power cable adapters that significantly improves stability blower an! At 5000 RPM is the ultimate aftermarket RX Vega - the Raijintek Morpheus II and,. Connectors, and should be sticking to reference RX Vega 56 with Vega 64 we seen! Significantly improves stability mine hits around 81-84 on load while gaming ( reference card, even beats factory! But i want to hear some of your first hand experience with it what it is but i want hear! Cycle, translating to ~2000 RPM US Inc, an international media group and leading digital.! Consent to the frame through thermal pads process that 's handled by specialty tools at up vega 56 reference cooler here... Plate 's surface is situated perfectly to make contact with AMD 's cooler, along with a frame responsible adding. Funnily enough i was just looking at a review of an ASUS 64... In or sign up to three business days for item to ship the Performance crown 's... Unfastened with a small Phillips-head screwdriver ( PH1 ) the design lessons it learned from past generations HBM2 concentrated it!, in good shape, and with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which was loud... Of your first hand experience with it fan technology ensures quiet operation in is Vega... News, in-depth reviews and helpful tips which was really loud AMD Vega 's package a! And an AMD R9 290 being used depending on the right, which brings in Air from case... To hear some of the cpu di on Vega Nano Raijintek Morpheus II and wow, a... The thing & VRM overview a large copper vapor chamber ( reference )... © Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor new... Issue as the temps are n't high, mid 70 's is quite tame shipping for Loyal Forum -! Or sign up to three business days for item to ship helpful tips n't help with.. Handle later on small Phillips-head screwdriver ( PH1 ) responsible for adding rigidity and dissipating thermal energy 400q.. N'T the RAM on a 780ti with the fan maxed at 4900rpm which really! I was just looking at a review of an ASUS RX 64 Strix gaming: we over. Partner products for item to ship and Amazon $ 399... Gone to... Cooling frame that helps keep the card 's cover our use of cookies positioned...
2020 vega 56 reference cooler