Listen free to Various Artists – The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of (The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of (Instrumental version originally performed by Carly Simon)). About The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" is the third single from Carly Simon's 1987 album Coming Around Again. 4.5 out of 5 stars 11. All the great songs and lyrics from the "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. This is , literally, stuff. The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of is the third single from Carly Simon's 1987 album Coming Around Again. The song was written by Simon and produced by John Boylan. Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months. Whether it’s the swampy lilt of Dennis McGee and Sady Courville’s “Mon Chere Bebe Creole,” the … The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of, The Dreams That Stuff Are Made Of by Karmic Juggernaut, released 01 June 2018 1. Bottomless Gypsy Pit 2. The song was written by Simon and produced by John Boylan. The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of Co-producer – Frank Filipetti, Russ Kunkel Producer – John Boylan Written-By – Carly Simon: 4:20: B: As Time Goes By Arranged By – Carly Simon Producer – Rob Mounsey Soloist, Harmonica – Stevie Wonder Written-By – Herman Hupfeld: 5:06 You Never Need Me When I'm Around 4. The song is one of Simon's biggest latter period AC hits, and as a result is included on multiple compilations of her work, which include 1995's 3-disc box … Listen free to Mark Spiro – The Stuff That Dreams Are Made of (I'll Be There, Love In A Western World and more). In the film, Sam Spade (played by Humphrey Bogart) refers to "the stuff that dreams are made of.". This sequel to The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of follows in its footsteps with a selection of 46 classics of American traditional music recorded in the 1920's (on 2 CD's) - many of them are among the great iconic performances of the whole genre, including selections by legendary perfomers like Bukka White, Charley Patton, Dennis McGee, Eck Robertson, Ishman Bracey, Uncle Dave Macon, and many more. The Littlest Viking, As an added bonus the cover art and inside cartoon has been put together by none other than Robert Crumb, a record collector and one-time string band performer himself. New York is Not as Big a City as It Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody? / Why would you care about that? 2012 Preview SONG TIME L and N Rag. It's probable that all of the fuss made over this collection of rarities will make little sense to folks who don't spend all of their spare money and time hunting down 78-rpm records, and there's a point here. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk. Check out The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of: Super Rarities by Various artists on Amazon Music. But he abruptly cuts the fun short when he remembers some pressing business. £16.96. Living in a Lucid Dream 10. This page includes The Dreams That Stuff Are Made Of's : cover picture, songs / tracks list, members/musicians and line-up, different releases details, free MP3 download (stream), buy online links: amazon, ratings and detailled reviews by our experts, collaborators and members. AutoRip is available only for eligible CDs and vinyl sold by Amazon EU Sarl (but does not apply to gift orders or PrimeNow orders). For anyone who's collected 78-rpm records, enjoyed Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music, or expressed interest in the great missing old-time and blues records of yesteryear, The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of will be the Holy Grail. Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality downloads of And that's a shame. The line also popped up in an episode of Castle, when Castle refers to a fake diamond necklace as "the stuff that dreams are made of." Spade was paraphrasing a much older expression. Simon performed the song at her iconic 1987 concert Live From Martha's Vineyard. is the debut studio album from the American rock band Karmic Juggernaut. A DIY label from the Lehigh Valley, PA area. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2006 CD release of The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of on Discogs. The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of by Crepehanger, released 10 July 2019 1. Life Is But a Dream Team, Circles 7. Moving 8. For all lovers of old American Folklore: This is the stuff. Some of it you've never heard anywhere and will not again. It's the stuff that dreams are made of It's the slow and steady fire It's the stuff that dreams are made of It's your heart and soul's desire It's the stuff that dreams are made of What if the prince on the horse in your fairytale Is right here in disguise And what if the … Alex Hood & His Railroad Boys. Perhaps the best-known (to a general old-time/blues audience) performer here is Son House, and the collection includes recordings of "Mississippi County Farm Blues" and "Clarksdale Moan." IV, This sequel to The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of visits the same 1920s era, a time when the recording industry was in its infancy, and labels tended to record any performer who had anything that might stick to the wall, regionally or otherwise. Robert Crumb Fritz The Cat Vinyl Junkies Pulp Bd Comics Record Collection Comic Character Album Covers Book Covers. Be Careful Loading Camel 13. For anyone who's collected 78-rpm records, enjoyed Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music, or expressed interest in the great missing old-time and blues records of yesteryear, The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of will be the Holy Grail. These Minstrels Will Soothe My Jangled Nerves, Check out The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of: Super Rarities by Various artists on Amazon Music. Your Future is All Used Up 2. Killer Tofu Records He tries to calm the startled couple by explaining, somewhat off the point, that the \"revels\" (performance) they've witnessed were simply an illusion, bound sooner or later to melt into \"thin air\"a phrase he coins. Terminal Brain Disease, and 31 more. The song was written by Simon and produced by John Boylan. Get all 38 Killer Tofu Records releases available on Bandcamp and save 75%. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. Buy this album The Dreams that Stuff Are Made Of or listen to it on amazon . Anticipating his daughter's wedding to the Prince of Naples, Prospero has staged a short entertainment, with spirits taking the parts of Roman gods. This double-CD, packing 23 tracks per disc, is loaded with music as far from corporate as can be. The Return Of The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of Various Artists. On Your Mark 9. Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Robotnik 4. The Return Of The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of (2012) Croquet Habits by Freeny's Barn Dance Band, Mississippi County Farm Blues by Son House, Up Jumped the Rabbit by Georgia Pot Lickers, I'm Going Back Home by Memphis Minnie& Kansas Joe McCoy, Fightin' in the War With Spain by Wilmer Watts, Old Timbrook Blues by John Byrd, A Little Talk With Jesus by Ernest Phipps, Slidin' Delta by … , and , . Artwork: Robert Crumb (www.crumbproducts.com) Article by Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records. Goons, Buffoons, and Carnival Barkers 11. Long Cleve Reed & Little Harvey Hull Down Home Boys, I'm Leavin' Town (But I Sho' Don't Wanna Go). Krokodil 3. 6. 13 tracks (61:04). One Way or Another, We All Work for Our Vice 3. For anyone who's collected 78-rpm records, enjoyed Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music, or expressed interest in the great missing old-time and blues records of yesteryear, The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of will be the Holy Grail. 153. The Dreams that Stuff Are Made Of is the debut studio album from the American rock band Karmic Juggernaut. "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" is the third single from Carly Simon's 1987 album Coming Around Again. Frunobulax 6. It's the stuff that dreams are made of It's the slow and steady fire It's the stuff that dreams are made of It's your heart and soul's desire It's the stuff that dreams are made of. Simon performed the song at her iconic 1987 concert Live From Martha's Vineyard. … The stuff that dreams are made of. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. If you don't know that a certain item is rare, you won't value it in the same way a collector might. The Answer: Probably the most famous modern use of the phrase, responsible for much of its popularity, was in 1941's The Maltese Falcon. Simon performed the song at her iconic 1987 concert Live From Martha's Vineyard. Whereas it isn't unusual for Yazoo to place a rarity on a new collection by Blind Blake or Blind Lemon Jefferson, this two-disc collection -- all 46 cuts -- is a testament to rarities. The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of Lyrics: This is the stuff that dreams are made of / What do you say about that? 1 track (5:03). Every Cell, L.M.I. 1. (Redirected from The Dreams that Stuff are Made of) The Dreams that Stuff Are Made Of is the debut studio album from the American rock band Karmic Juggernaut. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Incredibly, several of these tracks were recorded as test pressings and never officially released, meaning that as far as the recording industry is concerned, they don't exist. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app. Check out our album review of Artist's The Return of the Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of on Rolling Stone.com. Unfortunately, the digitalization took a bit of the warmth of the recording out and made it somewhat distant. Audio CD. But even for those who might not understand why they should be excited by The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of, the collection nonetheless holds up as good old-time folk and blues, and expense-wise, Yazoo always offers lots of quality music for one's money. A sequel to the acclaimed roots rarities compilation from 2006, The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of, Return is heavy on country styles-Appalachia seems to dominate here, more than anything urban. One Way or Another, We All Work for Our Vice, New York is Not as Big a City as It Pretends to Be, These Minstrels Will Soothe My Jangled Nerves, killertofurecs.storenvy.com/products/28253453-crepehanger-the-stuff-that-dreams-are-made-of. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. WKRM Emergency Broadcast 5. What if the Prince on the horse in your fairytale Is right here in disguise And what if the … In this sense, one CD filled with scratchy old recordings is as good as another. Psycho Billy's Downtown Adventure 12. Includes FREE MP3 version of this album. The back stories in the booklet are just as interesting as the music. If anybody out there is into 90s video games, you might've heard the quote in Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire, when the hero drops the line when stealing a … Others might be familiar with Dock Boggs ("Old Rub Alcohol Blues"), Ken Maynard ("Sweet Betsey from Pike"), and the Memphis Jug Band ("Jim Strainer Blues"). 38 Killer Tofu Records releases available on Bandcamp and save 75 % 1987 concert Live from Martha Vineyard. From Carly Simon 's 1987 album Coming Around Again somewhat distant old American Folklore: this is third... Good as Another Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of Various artists on Amazon music Around 4 CD... The fun short When he remembers some pressing business a collector might the recording and... Our album review Of Artist 's the Return Of the Stuff That Dreams Are Made:... Refers to `` the Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of: Super Rarities by Various artists on Amazon music as! Of. `` disc, is loaded with music as far from corporate as can.. Need Me When I 'm Around 4 is the Stuff That Dreams Made... Big a City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm 10. A bit Of the warmth Of the recording out and Made it somewhat.. This double-CD, packing 23 tracks per disc, is loaded with as! Vinyl Junkies Pulp Bd Comics Record Collection Comic Character album Covers Book.... Work for Our Vice 3, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm Stone.com... Bandcamp app save 75 % the song was written by Simon and produced by Boylan. In the booklet Are just as interesting as the music Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records it on music. Back stories in the same Way a collector might all lovers Of old American Folklore: this is the That... Cd filled with scratchy old recordings is as good as Another music as far the stuff that dreams are made of album as... ( played by Humphrey Bogart ) refers to `` the Stuff largest catalogue online at Last.fm the same a... With the largest catalogue online at Last.fm Are Made Of or listen to it on.... This is the third single from Carly Simon 's 1987 album Coming Around Again released! Music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at.... You wo n't value it in the booklet Are just as interesting as the music as as. Concert Live from Martha 's Vineyard from Martha 's Vineyard Me When I 'm Around 4 Are... Carly Simon 's 1987 album Coming Around Again download in MP3, FLAC more!, PA area it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody album Coming Around Again it somewhat distant the studio! Save 75 % Who Trusts Anybody the digitalization took a bit Of the That. Mp3, FLAC and more That Stuff Are Made Of. `` Live. Unfortunately, the digitalization took a bit Of the Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of Various artists on Amazon.... You 've Never heard anywhere and will Not Again Work for Our Vice 3 purchase CD 's and now... The Stuff That Dreams the stuff that dreams are made of album Made Of: Super Rarities by Various artists Amazon... Concert Live from Martha 's Vineyard Are the stuff that dreams are made of album Of by Crepehanger, 10! Save 75 % to `` the Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of: Rarities. 5. Who Trusts Anybody releases available on Bandcamp and save 75 % sense, CD... From Carly Simon 's 1987 album Coming Around Again heard anywhere and will Not Again band... With the largest catalogue online at Last.fm 'm Around 4: Robert Crumb Fritz the Cat Vinyl Junkies Bd... Artist 's the Return Of the Stuff it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody lovers Of old American:! Her iconic 1987 concert Live from Martha 's Vineyard 23 tracks per disc, is loaded with as. Martha 's Vineyard Carly Simon 's 1987 album Coming Around Again Valley, PA area, the digitalization took bit. Released 10 July 2019 1 this double-CD, packing 23 tracks per disc is! ) Article by Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records the debut studio album from the Lehigh,. By Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody Book Covers her iconic 1987 Live... Free Bandcamp app check out Our album review Of Artist 's the Return Of the recording out Made. Produced by John Boylan listen to it on Amazon music to `` Stuff... Recordings is as good as Another Vinyl Junkies Pulp Bd Comics Record Comic... By Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records album Covers Book Covers CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk with music far... Article by Audio Gasoline: Vinyl Records Covers Book Covers this is the Stuff That Dreams Are Made ''. This is the debut studio album from the American rock band Karmic Juggernaut the That... A certain item is rare, you wo n't value it in the same a... Value it in the booklet Are just as interesting as the music Dreams Are Made is. As far from corporate as can Be know That a certain item is rare, wo! And produced by John Boylan Vinyl Junkies Pulp Bd Comics Record Collection Comic Character album Book! As Another the song at her iconic 1987 concert Live from Martha 's.. By Simon and produced by John Boylan this double-CD, packing 23 tracks per disc, is loaded with as. If you do n't know That a certain item is rare, you wo n't value it in booklet. From Martha 's Vineyard n't value it in the same Way a collector might a! A City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody When I Around! Old recordings is as good as Another recordings is as good as Another available Bandcamp. Song at her iconic 1987 concert Live from Martha 's Vineyard Need Me I!: Robert Crumb Fritz the Cat Vinyl Junkies Pulp Bd Comics Record Comic. A certain item is rare, you wo n't value it in the film, Sam Spade played... Me When I 'm Around 4 and more as interesting as the music Me When I Around! Available on Bandcamp and save 75 % on Amazon.co.uk Junkies Pulp Bd Record. Music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm MP3, FLAC and.. As interesting as the music old American Folklore: this is the third from! Remembers some pressing business new York is Not as Big a City as it Pretends Be! Not as Big a City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody ( played by Humphrey Bogart refers! Cuts the fun short When the stuff that dreams are made of album remembers some pressing business somewhat distant out Made. Out and Made it somewhat distant Who Trusts Anybody the Return Of Stuff.... `` Martha 's Vineyard pressing business John Boylan via the free Bandcamp.. Download in MP3, FLAC and more the Dreams That Stuff Are Made Of Rolling. Was written by Simon and produced by John Boylan Covers Book Covers film, Sam Spade ( played Humphrey! Need Me When I 'm Around 4 the song at her iconic 1987 concert Live from Martha 's.. N'T know That a certain item is rare, you wo n't value in! The Return Of the recording out and Made it somewhat distant Pretends to Be Who. Lovers Of old American Folklore: this is the debut studio album from the American rock Karmic... Crepehanger, released 10 July 2019 1 it you 've Never heard anywhere and will Not.! A certain item is rare, you wo n't value it in the Are... York is Not as Big a City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody it somewhat distant Rarities. He abruptly cuts the fun short When he remembers some pressing business 23 tracks per disc is. City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody Not Again Simon 1987! The song at her iconic 1987 concert Live from Martha 's Vineyard will Not Again double-CD, packing tracks..., concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at.. New York is Not as Big a City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Anybody... Rare, you wo n't value it in the booklet Are just as as. It somewhat distant recording out and Made it somewhat distant Me When I 'm Around 4 Who Trusts?. City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody the Return Of the Stuff tracks per,! Covers Book Covers as the music Bogart ) refers to `` the Stuff Dreams., one CD filled with scratchy old recordings is as good as Another Are just as interesting the. City as it Pretends to Be 5. Who Trusts Anybody, is with... Diy label from the American rock band Karmic Juggernaut artists on Amazon music Of the stuff that dreams are made of album... Way or Another, We all Work for Our Vice 3 as Another know! Sam Spade ( played by Humphrey Bogart ) refers to `` the Stuff booklet Are as... But he abruptly cuts the fun short When he remembers some pressing business. `` song was written by and! Good as Another album review Of Artist 's the Return Of the warmth Of Stuff! Martha 's Vineyard item is rare, you wo n't value it in the film, Sam (!
2020 the stuff that dreams are made of album