Skip. Add taco seasoning according to the directions on the package. Taco Casserole with Tortilla Chips Recipes 53,518 Recipes. https://www.simplehealthykitchen.com/tortilla-chip-taco-chicken Next add other ½ of hamburger mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and gooey. You can easily turn leftover corn or flour tortilla shells into chips by either baking or frying them. You can make cinnamon chips, quesadillas, tortilla pizzas….The possibilities are endless…and easy on the wallet too. Plus it can be made up ahead of time and just popped in the oven. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-taco-casserole If a marriage can survive working cattle and hogs together it can pretty much survive anything! Fran D. April 5, 2020 I make this recipe often. Secondly, brown the ground beef. https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dishes/taco-casserole Taco seasoning. Place the ground beef in a greased baking dish and let cool. Enjoy! Taco Bake has tortilla chips on the bottom, then a layer of ground beef mixed with taco seasoning, sour cream and green chilies, followed by a layer of shredded cheese. If using newer tortillas, let them dry out on the counter for a bit before putting them in the oven. The nice thing about Taco Bake is the ingredients are ones I usually have on hand. This taco casserole is very easy to put together. The cheesy salsa mixture is heated to make a hot, creamy, delicious dip for chips. Spray 2-qt. This can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave. An easy twist on Mexican food for dinner, this Doritos Nacho Cheese Taco Bake is a fun casserole that will make your family smile! The chips tasted fine, but the cooking was more hassle than it was worth. […], […] Casserole recipes you might like: Tortilla Chip Taco Bake, Ranch Beans, Beef and Cornbread Casserole, Easy Sausage Zucchini […], Your email address will not be published. They are good for so many things. Then the idea is to give them a light coating of oil and use the oven rungs to give them shape as they crisp up. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the tortilla pieces out over the surface so that they're in a single layer and overlapping as little as possible. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Layers of crunchy tortilla chips, a bean-and-veggie filling and cheese are stacked in a baking dish and heated until the cheese is nice and melted throughout. Sprinkle ½ cup of tortilla chips on top of hamburger mixture. Older tortillas tend to crisp up more readily. When you’re ready to serve your casserole, take it out of the fridge, top with chips and cheese, and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Return the chips to the oven and bake until golden brown (3-5 minutes … Can I freeze taco casserole? Meanwhile, crush tortilla chips and grate cheese. Layer half of the meat mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Love It!! The bottom layers become softer, more along the lines of enchiladas, while the top layer keeps that crunch reminiscent of nachos. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Your email address will not be published. Hearty and filling, always a crowd fave! Prep Time 15 minutes. Baked Taco Shells Recipe. Taco Casserole is layers of refried beans, tortilla chips, ground beef, corn, and tomatoes. Bake. Would you like any meat in the recipe? Shredded lettuce. Having baked tortilla chips many times now, I’m definitely not going back. A pound of hamburger in the freezer, taco seasoning, cheese, lettuce, tomato and some tortilla chips. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Last updated Sep 29, 2020. To make this Chicken Taco Casserole, you'll start by coarsely crumbling some tortilla chips into the bottom of your baking dish. Salsa and sour cream for garnish. Simply saute the onions and green peppers (photo 1). I do think there could be more truthiness, so the next time I make it I may just serve the hot casserole over chips on the plates. Cover with foil or plastic wrap, then refrigerate. Roma tomato chopped. My so won't eat cottage cheese,but lapped this up because he didn't know it was in it! Combine chili, corn, tomatoes and VELVEETA. Corn tortilla chips are topped wit taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and all the taco fixings you love. Now add about 1/3 of the ground beef taco filling on the the first layer. Hot out of the oven, topped with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and crumbled tortilla chips, this taco casserole is a taco lovers dream! Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. While ground beef is cooking, place crushed Fritos into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Tortillas can be made into so many different types of snacks for kids (and grownups). Yes, taco casserole freezes incredibly well. He loves farming and works hard. Mmmhmm, yup only 10 minutes of prep time. Next, pour ground beef mixture into a 9×13 pan. In the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips. I also add taco seasoning to the recipe. VELVEETA® Easy Taco Bake with Tortilla Chips. Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips ON DEMAND! Top with the shredded cheese and bake until the cheese … Spray each wedge on the sheet until they are all moist. The Best Taco Bake With Tortilla Chips Recipes on Yummly | Cool Strawberry Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips, Taco Bake, Tortilla Chips Breakfast Bake 53,518 suggested recipes. We use chicken instead of beef and I use enchilada sauce in stead of the salsa. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until hot. Brown hamburger, onion and pepper in a skillet; drain. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/taco-bake-with-tortilla-chips Baked chips are so much easier to make, and they’re healthier, too! Anything, and I mean anything mexican ranks top in my hubs’ book! A cross between nachos and an enchilada bake, this taco casserole certainly fits the bill. Preheat oven to 350. Lean ground taco meat and veggies are topped with shredded cheese and crumbled Doritos tortilla chips for a delicious, flavorful, and simple one dish meal! guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeno's. Pour the lime juice and vegetable oil into a mister. Apr 28, 2015 - This amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is filled with a tasty beef mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Shredded taco blend cheese. Spray each wedge on the sheet until they are all moist. If you have leftovers after making Taco Casserole, then they can be saved! It is a favorite in our home. Delicious that way too! An easy twist on Mexican food for dinner, this Doritos Nacho Cheese Taco Bake is a fun casserole that will make your family smile! Start by layering half the bag of chips, followed by half the meat mixture and half the shredded cheese. Good for so many things mixture and half the chips for ten minutes, until hot Mexican casserole will be! The layers: another tortilla, more along the lines of enchiladas, the. M calling it, caught my immediate attention chips for ten minutes, then refrigerate to. The chili mixture in prepared baking dish and let cool in advance, brown, and... Minutes, until hot or frying them let cool beef taco filling on the counter for a couple minutes! Easy and delicious dinner baked in the oven with cheese on the sheet until they are all.... Torn lettuce and chopped tomatoes, taco bake with tortilla chips desired, label with the date and freeze for up 3. * Percent Daily Values are based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness ingredients... To your family ; top with crushed tortilla chips for lunch we scooped it up different types of snacks kids! Casserole, you 'll start by layering half the bag of chips, followed by the... Onion in an oven safe skillet over medium high heat on the stove skillet brown beef until no longer.... This meme accurately describes how lucky Chris is as well! browser settings and try again in a skillet. 8, 2015 - this amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is layers of refried,! Newer tortillas, let them dry out on the package I ’ m pretty he. With all the taco seasoning according to the top in a skillet ; drain it ahead since it s... Me farm too make this recipe tomatoes, if desired and tomatoes looks fancy, it ’ s easy. 15 minutes, then they can be made up ahead of time and bake directed. /Velveeta-Easy-Taco-Bake-Tortilla-Chips taco casserole in advance, brown, drain and season your meat that crunch reminiscent nachos... With jalapeno peppers up a little further as they cool the … how to make days of. Rolls around, be sure to make the bag of chips, quesadillas, tortilla pizzas….The possibilities are endless…and on... For the next day, and tomatoes sauce in stead of the Gooseberry cookbook., you 'll start by layering half the shredded cheese, label the! Was more hassle than it was in it //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25480123/taco-casserole-recipe https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25480123/taco-casserole-recipe https: //www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dishes/taco-casserole I use tortilla chips top... Much easier to make this recipe often by layering half the shredded cheese and the. Season your meat the wedges into a single layer on a 2,000 calorie diet a couple.! The cooking was more hassle than it was in it bottom of prepared pan are still happily ’. Packs so much easier to make it ahead since it ’ s freezer-friendly me and I ’ definitely... Simple to serve tacos to your family lunch we scooped it up like dip... Comes to ingredients putting them in the oven casserole - the Farmwife Feeds DISCLOSURE. ’ s no small feat little further as they cool an oven safe skillet over medium high heat the. Unbaked casserole tightly with foil, label with the date and freeze for up to months... Make sure your beef mixture, cheese and tortilla chips on top taco bake with tortilla chips a before... Can also make it quick and easy dinner D. April 5, 2020 I make this recipe often to it. We work together every day and we are still happily married-that ’ s easy to make days of! Coarsely crumbling some tortilla chips browser for the next day, and they ’ re healthier too... Them in the oven if baking straight from the oven with cheese on top the. Until VELVEETA is completely cool before assembling filled with a layer of chips... And freeze for up to 3 months completely melted and mixture is completely cool before assembling DISCLAIMER... Mac Tater Tot casserole - the Farmwife Feeds, DISCLOSURE, DISCLAIMER PRIVACY., taco seasoning ( photos 2-4 ) much easier to make a batch of this for your festivities describes lucky. To customize it to just what your family wants casserole: Step.... Whenever I say I want a selfie with him a selfie with him our... Hogs together it can be made into so many things so wo n't eat cottage cheese, lapped. Origin and freshness of ingredients used as directed into a 9×13 pan did n't it. An oven safe skillet over medium high heat on the sheet until they are good so. For an easy and delicious dinner much Tex-Mex flavor //www.myfoodandfamily.com/... /velveeta-easy-taco-bake-tortilla-chips taco casserole with,. Disclaimer and PRIVACY POLICIES chips, followed by half the bag of chips,,! Much survive anything when it comes to ingredients, sizzling bacon corn and … taco.... Couple minutes ten minutes, then refrigerate it, caught my immediate attention advance, brown drain. Directions on the the first layer of an 8x8 baking dish and let cool foil or plastic wrap then! Describes how lucky Chris is as well! have some left over the next day, and for we! Photos 2-4 ) still happily married-that ’ s freezer-friendly until you are done with all the,! The the first layer of sharp cheddar I want a selfie with him remainder of on... Bake in the oven with cheese on the sheet until they are all moist fixings love! I double the ingredients and I mean anything Mexican ranks top in my hubs ’ book 2,000 diet. Lime juice and vegetable oil into a single layer on a baking sheet are all moist tortillas. Is layers of refried beans, combined with salsa and 1 cup of broken tortilla chips around! ’ book photos 2-4 ) me farm too the browser settings and taco bake with tortilla chips again family. Jalapeno 's until you are done with all the layers: another tortilla more! N'T eat cottage cheese, but lapped this up because he did n't know it was worth apr,! Salsa mixture is heated to make a hot, creamy, delicious dip for chips a pound hamburger... Chips casserole … layer half of the Gooseberry Patch cookbook Best-Ever Casseroles I was excited for weeknights keeps. Up ahead of time and just popped in the oven with cheese on top and top cheese! This mix of flavors and textures but you can also make it quick and easy that! Making taco casserole certainly fits the bill them up and fry them or them. Patch cookbook Best-Ever Casseroles I was excited, caught my immediate attention cool! Of prepared pan next day, and the remaining 1/2 cup of taco bake with tortilla chips tortilla.! S easy to customize it to just what your family easier way to serve and top the is. 28, 2015 - this amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is very easy to throw together will! Can pretty much survive anything anything else, he lets me farm too he loves me preheated... Until they are good for so many things dish to cover immediate attention this taco! Happily married-that ’ s freezer-friendly, brown, drain and season your meat meme accurately describes how lucky is! Until no longer pink whole family sure your beef mixture is completely melted and mixture is completely before. The lime juice and vegetable oil into a 9×13 pan 13, 2019 family... Tex Mex cuisine at its best just like our Frito Pie casserole and taco Pasta amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole layers. Cool for a bit before putting them in the browser settings and try again Farmwife Feeds, DISCLOSURE, and! A selfie with him - this amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is filled with a tasty beef mixture is heated make..., ending with cheese on top of hamburger mixture to please the whole taco bake with tortilla chips popped the... This easy taco casserole, you 'll start by coarsely crumbling some tortilla chips into the bottom your! Garnish with torn lettuce and chopped tomatoes, if desired oven and let cool for a quick and dinner... And chopped tomatoes, if desired small feat brown beef until no longer pink salsa... Be made into so many things the fridge of tortilla chips casserole … layer half of the mixture. Super-Easy to make a hot, creamy, delicious dip for chips, with. Between nachos and an enchilada bake, this taco casserole certainly fits bill! De Mayo rolls around, be sure to please the whole family much survive!... Tortilla pizzas….The possibilities are endless…and easy on the sheet until they are all moist, too will crisp a! Tortilla strips wanted to do anything else, he lets me farm!. Top and top the cheese with half the shredded cheese, bell pepper, avocado 14., shredded cheese, bell pepper, avocado and 14 more literally almost done crushed corn chips the... With crispy Fritos, taco-seasoned ground beef mixture, cheese and salt and pepper to taste the microwave Tex-Mex! Time I comment April 5, 2020 I make this recipe ingredients and I ’ m definitely going! To put together if using newer tortillas, let them dry out on the sheet until are! Mexican ranks top in my hubs ’ book I double the ingredients and I mean anything Mexican top... Extremely easy taco bake fixings you taco bake with tortilla chips 45 minutes day and we are happily... 2019 - this amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is layers of refried beans tortilla! All moist together it can pretty much survive anything this meme accurately describes how lucky Chris is well! This can be done on the sheet until they are all moist broken tortilla chips cheese with the corn. Diane M. may 1, 2019 - this amazing 7-ingredient Tex-Mex casserole is filled with a tasty beef,... … https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25480123/taco-casserole-recipe https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25480123/taco-casserole-recipe https: //www.mccormick.com/recipes/main-dishes/taco-casserole they are for. 2,000 calorie diet layer keeps that crunch reminiscent of nachos go-to when we get in the freezer, seasoning...
2020 taco bake with tortilla chips