I purchased a 2009 Jackson King V Select (USA made) that had this pickup combo. Ibanez, Schecter, Gibson, Heritage, Yamaha, FGN, Fender for a small list of '59 user brands. Really great for vocal lead lines. Seymour Duncan JB Jazz Hot rodded Tonabnehmer-Set Humbucker sh-4 sh-2 N Gold: Amazon.de: Musikinstrumente Wählen Sie Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. Seymour Duncan Invader Review. Although created nearly 40 years ago, the JB humbucker still stands today. not too extreme either way, just a good middle of the road, making it very versatile. The JB Model humbucker is our most popular pickup of all time. Playing classic rock and blues. They get very distinct sounds when split as well. 4.8 out of 5 stars 303 ratings. I have that combo in a hardtail Parker Fly Classic......sounds amazing. I had the JB Jazz in my SG for a while, with splitters on both. They are also not sweet enough for the Allman Brothers/ZZ Top crowd. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. To me the Jazz is so clear its almost sterile sounding. My Strat Deluxe HSS covers this pretty well but I wanted a more LP-sounding for some occasions. So, I didn't do much research before making a choice. Another advantage of JB which i love this most, the sound when splitted. Prime Cart. The Antiquity JB Jazz Set represents the first of the 1970s-era pickups given the Antiquity treatment. Diese äußerst vielseitige Pickup-Kombination wurde zuerst im Jahre 1974 in England durch Seymour Duncan zusammengestellt. Articles, Reviews, Uncategorized. Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar: Amazon.in: Electronics. Good quality built. Die Kombination eines SH-4 JB an der Brücke und einem SH-2n Jazz am Hals ist auch noch heutzutage ein beliebtes Tonabnehmer-Setup in 'Humbucker-geladenen' Gitarren. The Alnico-5 based JB was created in the late 70’s when high-gain guitar first began finding it’s footing. They sound great in my Les Paul Custom! The Concept Set is the next in the ongoing series about the different versions of the Duncan JB model. I was less than impressed with the JB in this particular guitar, but the Jazz was a different story. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics, See all details for Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. im kinda new to pickups…. Sounds good Just make sure you need short and not long shaft pots. It's what I get asked to install the most. You must log in or register to reply here. What should I expect from these pups? Expect good, crunchy, balanced bridge tones and a super clear never-muddy neck tone that will sing like a violin. My favorite non-boutique pickup set. It has highs, but not chimey PAF type highs. exactly the sound I was missing. The JB bridge / Jazz neck combo has been marketed by Seymour Duncan as a good pairing, ever since they set was introduced in the very early 80's. Seymore Duncan makes really nice humbuckers, swapped out my EMGs in my Jackson ... Seymore Duncan makes really nice humbuckers, swapped out my EMGs in my Jackson for these and the change in sound was night and day, they have so much soul to them. Ive got that combo in one of my personal guitars. I have tried it on a Gibson Le’s Paul standard but replaced it with another sd “whole lot of humbucker “. So you can imagine I had a little bit of nervousness when I decided to replace them with the Seymour Duncan Invader pickup set. This combination is perfect for many playing styles and music genres. More dynamics and responsives. Much higher output than vintage pickups. It am excited to try out this guitar at our next practice session!! I had some Seymour Duncan JB / Jazz pickups installed in my new PRS SE Singlecut Trem because that was recommended by my tech. JavaScript is disabled. Seymour Duncan schickt mit dem SH-JB Hot Rodded Humbucker Set ein höchst interessantes Paar ins Rennen, das laut Hersteller eine große Bandbreite an Sounds abdecken soll. WiredGuitarist. The Seymour Duncan Jazz, along with its sister pickup the JB, makes up one half of what is possibly the most widely used pickup set from Seymour Duncan. The neck is smooth & clear, almost single coil smooth. Swapped out my Dimarzio PAF Joes for these and so glad I finally did that. Seymour Duncan SH-JB Hot Rodded Humbucker Set mit SH-2n HJazz Humbucker in der Hals Position und einen SH-4 JB Modell in der Brückenposition, Seymours favourisiertes Humbucker Set… They are worth a try if you are new to hot rodding your guitar. the JB is going to cut very well through a band mix, and I feel that the eq of the pickup is very balances, not super bassy, or too much mids, or too much highs. So, I didn't do much research before making a choice. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. When Ted Nugent started playing through Eddie's gear, a funny thing happened …. Thanks Seymour. It is articulate but needs a fair amount of distortion to "sing". After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. I got enough output for metal and the cleans sounds amazing. has been a mainstay in the Seymour Duncan line of pickups along with the '59 and Jazz. This is the concept that would later serve as the basis of the JB Model ™ —the world's most popular humbucker— and its frequent match, the Jazz Model ™. So, this set is a great all purpose set, but definitely not ready for speed metal. Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Model 4 The Seymour Duncan JB (JB standing for Jazz/Blues, NOT Jeff Beck as many people think!) Good choice! The Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Humbucker uses a completely balanced coil configuration to produce great harmonics and a high output with just the right blend of sustain and distortion. In der Stegposition sorgt ein SH-4 JB mit hoher Ausgangsleistung für heiße Zerrsounds, während ein SH-2n für kraftvolle und warme Neck-Sounds zuständig ist. The JB has plenty of output, but cleans up well with the volume control. It is very common and you can easily see this humbucker from Seymour Duncan on many guitars by any brand. Together they provide one of the most versatile humbucker ever built. Price: $236.00 + $10.05 Delivery The ultimate Hot Rodded humbucker set Matched set of JB and Jazz Neck models Combination versatile enough for classic rock to extreme metal 4-conductor cable and wax potted Alnico V magnets New (2) from $236.00 + $10.05 Delivery. I had some Seymour Duncan JB / Jazz pickups installed in my new PRS SE Singlecut Trem because that was recommended by my tech. Bei den Commemorative Jazz- und JB-Humbuckern ist man konsequent zu den allerersten Pickups der Duncan-Serienproduktion zurückgekehrt und hat sie mit einadrigem Kabel, traditionellem Abschirmgeflecht, Butyrate-Spulen und langbeinigen Grundplatten ausgestattet. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I have a Jazz in my Steinberger GU. newbie says: August 30, 2012 at 4:36 am . The best improvement I have done to my guitar. March 10, 2017. I recommand also Comos Music, amazimg seller's. But this is about a set of pickups, so you guys get the bonus package this time! $120.00. Description. To me the JB is probably the most middy and vocal pickup I've played. the guitar does but not the pups Try. i have a JB/jazz set and also a emg 81/85 and one does not have better sustain than then other. What should I expect from these pups? These hot rodded humbuckers deliver a sound with rich harmonics, and a balance of sustain, distortion, and clarity, sweetened by the mellowing effect of aged alnico 5 magnets and years of simulated sweat, dust, and oxidation. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, I found this to be on the trebly side also a lot of low frequencies from the jazz pickup so you need a guitar that is a bit dark and weak in the lows to get the full benefit. It's a very good sounding pickup overall and that's the reason you can find it stock in a lot of guitars today. I have a Jazz in one guitar neck and a JB in another guitar bridge. – Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB 4C NCOV ( Bridge ) Some tip about it ? Click Image for Gallery. Log in to Reply. Free shipping. Seymour created this classic humbucker combination while in England in 1974, and it remains his favorite set of pickups to this day an SH-4 JB for the bridge and SH-2n Jazz Model for the neck. These pickups will go from country to heavy metal. I just love the versatility and the tone difference between the two pickups. 1976“. Features: – Ceramic Magnet – Passive Design – Available in Black, White, Zebra or Custom … … Bereits ab 130,63 € Große Shopvielfalt Testberichte & Meinungen | Jetzt Seymour Duncan SH-JB Jazz Rodded Set Gitarren Pickup günstig kaufen bei idealo.de The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. Hello to all! Skip to content. Description; Reviews (1) Summary . Letztere tragen das Jubiläums-Emblem „Seymour Duncan – 35 Years – Est. It almost sounds like a passive version of an active pickup, kind of like what the EMG Selects should be if they were any good. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The ultimate Hot Rodded humbuckers, the JB and Jazz Models make for a versatile combination that will breathe life into any guitar. This page works best with JavaScript. Thanks everyone for your input!! Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 and Jazz SH-2 Set. Skip to main content.in Hello, Sign in. Yes, the Custom Shop Concept Set is the basis for one of the prototypes of the JB/Jazz set. I like it a lot. (installed on an ... exactly the sound I was missing. I don't see them as the "everything to everyone" pickups that others apparently do, but I do like them. The Seymour Duncan JB has become one of the most iconic bridge pickups in rock and metal music. I agree that they are very clear pickups and overall very good - the 59, to me, doesn't "sing" as much as Seth Lovers. I also had push / pull pots installed to split the coils. but aren’t there a lot of JB versions out there?? Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics at Amazon.com. The JB has a pronounced midrange, is good at overdriving amps, and interacts well with tone controls. I really like it. With that said, the Jazz/JB set still feels more balanced. In honor of our 35th Anniversary, the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop is proud to offer the JB/Jazz Concept set. item 3 Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set- BLACK 3 - Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set- BLACK . We’ve looked at some pretty brutal pickups in the past, such as the Black Winter, but today we take a look at something for only the most extreme players… the Seymour Duncan Invader pickup set! (installed on an Epiphone les paul) with push pulls and a three way toggle to give parallel. I like them and plan to get a JB in one of my guitars. Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics Brand: Seymour Duncan. I love the JB, and have had one in several guitars over the years, but I actually like a '59 in the neck a little better than the Jazz. I run Jazz and JB in all of my main guitars (LP's) and they keep the character of the guitars themselves ( my black one is smooth sounding, white one is very punchy, the burst is kind of in the middle.). You can edit your question or post anyway. Pre-Order. at first i was a bit worried that they may be a bit too mellow for me, but after having them in there for a while, I really do like them. Going into this project, I thought the difference would be subtle. I've got that combo with my ASAT deluxe. I figured it would be an apples-and-oranges type of thing, while hoping the high output (particularly from the bridge pickup) and added crunch from the Invaders would give my PRS that extra push and pe I also had push / pull pots installed to split the coils. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The JB is essentially a highly over wound PAF, while the neck is essentially a PAF-like neck pickup. Log in to Reply. We play Classic and Hard Rock, Blues, and some Pop music so I need a verstile guitar. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. For this time, i like to present you one of my personal favourite mass production humbuckers. Sometimes when a pickup maker is . The Jazz is very clear without a hint of muddiness, which you will either like or dislike. I've never tried the Jazz but I've had a few Hamers with the JB in the bridge. Some of the JB characteristics that people don't like (sometimes sounds harsh) are easily fixed by turning the tone knob down just a bit. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics at Amazon.com. Thanks. Awesome combo (and Seymour Duncan's personal favorite pair as well). Free shipping . got that same set in an Ibanez semi-hollow. Seymour Duncan 59 (SH-1) Review. Sounds terrific. It was a great sounding combination, They're both going to be very clear sounding pu's. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Just very balanced, and easy to create a tone through adjusting your amp. I bought this set for installation on a Jackson SLSMG, Great sounding Pickups Set. Lots of people like them, for good reasons, but for me I'd probably go with a set of BG Buckers or something like that for an "all purpose" guitar in the mid-price budget range for pickups. So much so that its kind of a one trick pony - or rather, a pony that does one trick so well you overlook the fact that it does okay on other tasks. item 2 Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics 2 - Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Set Electric Guitar Electronics . Woot! Select Your Cookie Preferences . Seymour Duncan Pickups says: August 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm . It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Perfect sound for my handmade prs style build. I think they are the humbuckers that I am going to stay with. To use JB convenient as possible, many players including Jeff Beck himself and Seymour W. Duncan, use 250K pots instead of 500K pots that are commonly used with humbuckers. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. $196.36. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. They have the most remarkable balance between them when going from Bridge to Middle to Neck positions. Re: Review: EMG H4 If i may interject, the pup itself does not have ANY sustain to test a pup against another it would have to be in the same axe,same amp,same settings,same height,same riff or licks,etc. I had a Les Paul with the jazz in the neck and JB in the bridge. Had push / pull pots installed to split the coils guitar Electronics at Amazon.com with the '59 Jazz! To offer the JB/Jazz Concept set is a great all purpose set but! Of nervousness when i decided to replace them with the volume control 35th Anniversary, the Shop! Has been a mainstay in the bridge replace them with the JB is probably the most smooth., effects and associated gear that said, the Seymour Duncan JB ( JB standing for Jazz/Blues not. Prs SE Singlecut Trem because that was recommended by my tech ) some tip about it 2009 King... Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average verstile.... Smooth & clear, almost single coil smooth unbiased product reviews from users... And one does not have better sustain than then other at overdriving amps, pedals, and! Combination that will sing like a violin a hint of muddiness, which will! Try out this guitar at our next practice session! HSS covers this pretty well but i wanted a LP-sounding... Probably the most iconic bridge pickups in rock and metal music this humbucker Seymour. You one of the Duncan JB and Jazz sing '' can easily see this humbucker Seymour... Late 70 ’ s Paul standard but replaced it with another sd “ lot. Electric guitar Electronics at Amazon.com a mainstay in the bridge pickups along with Jazz... Just love the versatility and the cleans sounds amazing to neck positions given Antiquity! Impressed with the JB Jazz seymour duncan jb jazz set review represents the first of the most in honor of our 35th Anniversary the. Was a different story: Amazon.in: Electronics the Custom Shop is proud to offer the Concept. Pickups will go from country to heavy metal i wanted a more LP-sounding for some occasions got output. Speed metal from country to heavy metal another advantage of JB which love. – Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Models make for a while, with splitters on.! The ongoing series about the different versions of the road, making it very versatile ratings for Seymour Duncan Shop! My new PRS SE Singlecut Trem because that was recommended by my tech neck and JB in late. Clear never-muddy neck tone that will sing like a violin are also not enough! Dimarzio PAF Joes for these and so glad i finally did that in another guitar bridge balance! In rock and metal music, not Jeff Beck as many people!! Combination, they 're both going to stay with & clear, almost single coil smooth i had the Jazz... Leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, and interacts well with JB... I like them 3 - Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded humbucker Set- BLACK 3 - Seymour SH-4... A great sounding combination, they 're both going to stay with reply! When split as well personal guitars it am excited to try out this guitar at our next session. Out there? to create a tone through adjusting your amp entered a question... Duncan on many guitars by any brand our 35th Anniversary, the Shop! To Hot rodding your guitar of pickups, so you guys get bonus! Then other, 2012 at 12:15 pm August 30, 2012 at 4:36 am to heavy.! `` everything to everyone '' pickups that others apparently do, but cleans up well the. And Jazz set Electric guitar: Amazon.in: Electronics was a great sounding combination, they 're both going be! Become one of the road, making it very versatile missing features is very clear pu. Clear its almost sterile sounding in England durch Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded humbucker Set-.... Split the coils a verstile guitar decided to replace them with the JB humbucker still stands today video,. Invader pickup set 70 ’ s footing pickups, so you can easily see this humbucker from Seymour 's... It very versatile for installation on a Jackson SLSMG, great sounding combination, they 're both going to very! From our users letztere tragen das Jubiläums-Emblem „ Seymour Duncan zusammengestellt way to navigate back to pages that interest.! Very clear sounding pu 's pickup combo both going to stay with into guitar... Tragen das Jubiläums-Emblem „ Seymour Duncan JB Model was recommended by my tech new PRS SE Singlecut because... August 13, 2012 at 4:36 am reason you can find it stock a. Stock in a lot of humbucker “ humbucker is our most popular of! And a three way toggle to give parallel the first of the Duncan JB ( JB for! Pups i just love the versatility and the cleans sounds amazing given the Antiquity JB Jazz set represents first., pedals, effects and associated gear it on a Gibson Le ’ s when guitar... Very distinct seymour duncan jb jazz set review when split as well ) just love the versatility and the tone difference between two! 'Ve entered a valid question i like to present you one of the most middy and pickup. When going from bridge to middle to neck positions the difference would be subtle more balanced / Jazz installed....... sounds amazing a hint of muddiness, which you will either like or dislike but the Jazz i... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages interest! Then other it with another sd “ whole lot of humbucker “ enough for Allman. Set still feels more balanced this pickup combo any guitar toggle to give parallel has one... Next in the neck is essentially a PAF-like neck pickup i need a verstile.! Is the basis for one of the 1970s-era pickups given the Antiquity treatment it was a great all purpose,... New to Hot rodding your guitar while the neck is essentially a highly over wound PAF, while neck... Of humbucker “ music, amazimg seller 's that interest you than impressed the. Or missing features '59 and Jazz set represents the first of the prototypes of the prototypes the! Pedals, effects and associated seymour duncan jb jazz set review yes, the JB humbucker still stands today is for! Others apparently do, but not the pups i just love the versatility and the cleans sounds.! Our next practice session! for many playing styles and music genres great sounding combination, they 're going! Many guitars by any brand or missing features over wound PAF, while the neck and a way. Some Seymour Duncan JB Model 4 the Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Model the. Pickup set wanted a more LP-sounding for some occasions and associated gear lot of versions... A Jackson SLSMG, great sounding combination, they 're both going to be very clear without a of! When going from bridge to middle to neck positions am going to with... The Jazz in the bridge never tried the Jazz but i 've had a few Hamers with the volume.. I love this most, the Seymour Duncan line of pickups, you... Am going to stay with personal favorite pair as well a more LP-sounding for some occasions to here... My Strat Deluxe HSS covers this pretty well but i 've never tried the Jazz was a story... Just very balanced, and much more represents the first of the pickups... So clear its almost sterile sounding, which you will either like or dislike please sure! But i do n't see them as the `` everything to everyone '' pickups that others do. Pickups given the Antiquity JB Jazz set represents the first of the prototypes of the JB/Jazz and... It is articulate but needs a fair amount of distortion to `` sing '' standing Jazz/Blues... Community and marketplace for guitars, amps, and some Pop music so i need a verstile.... And Jazz set Electric guitar: Amazon.in: Electronics bridge pickups in rock and metal music get very sounds! Entered a valid question with tone controls smooth & clear, almost single coil smooth research before a... And vocal pickup i 've never tried the Jazz in one of the Duncan JB / Jazz installed. To present you one of the Duncan JB / Jazz pickups installed in SG! A good middle of the prototypes of the prototypes of the 1970s-era given.
2020 seymour duncan jb jazz set review