Pumpkin and Red Lentil Curry with Garam Masala & Coconut, (max. You could sub out pumpkin for sweet potato, but I love the nutty and sweet, almost chestnut-like flavor that Hokkaido pumpkin adds to this curry. Mixed Vegetable Coconut Curry More about advertisements on Elle Republic. If it is all day, you could make it more of a ‘dahl’ with yellow split peas. This post contains affiliate links. Divide into bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (If you are using brown or green lentils, you may want to took them for a bit first.) Add garlic, ginger, fresh chilli and chopped coriander stalks. Bring everything to a … Add the lentils and coconut mixture to the blender. Look for curly kale, red Russian kale and dinosaur kale (which is also known as Tuscan kale, lacinato kale or black kale) at your local farmers markets. In a slow cooker, It would depend on how long you are cooking this recipe. Kitchen Stories (US) 53,176 views can coconut milk 32 oz. This glorious pumpkin and red lentil curry is the ultimate in comfort food. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); List choice Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic. WARNING, some curry powders can be spicy, you may want to leave out the cayenne pepper. https://agentsoffield.com/2015/01/11/pumpkin-lentil-and-coconut-curry Add the kale leaves (if using) 5 minutes before cooking time is complete and simmer until tender. Delicious Sweet Potato Curry | With Coconut Milk, Cashew and Pumpkin | Vegan and Gluten-Free - Duration: 6:15. Add ginger and cook (stirring continuously) for 1 minute. curry powder (or more to taste) 1 tsp. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Now, I’m not going to pretend that every recipe to come out of my kitchen is a stunner. 1 tablespoon mild curry powder 1 teaspoon ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Freshly ground black pepper 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water 1/2 cup coconut milk. PUMPKIN & RED LENTIL COCONUT CURRY. 1 Tbsp. I designed it this way so that a full can of coconut milk and 2 cans of pumpkins can be used. can crushed tomatoes 1 c dry red … I would recommend adding the coconut milk at the end just so you don't scorch it! This is a large batch that can be frozen for use later. You’ll love this savory pumpkin soup recipe filled with the warm flavors of Thai curry, ginger, and coconut. You can literally throw all ingredients in a pot and cook them. Add the garlic, ginger and Garam Masala spice; sauté 1 minute. Fry the onion and garlic. 1 kg), trimmed, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped (optional), More about advertisements on Elle Republic, Carrot Cake Muffins with Ginger and Coconut, Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Roasted Cauliflower, Cappuccino Shortbread with Dark Chocolate, Grilled Ling Fish & Cabbage with a Buttermilk-Dill-Sauce, Bliss Balls with Dates and Dark Chocolate, Brussels Sprout Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Chickpeas. 1/2 yellow onion diced 1 clove garlic minced 1 t coconut oil 2 15 oz. Scrape the roasted vegetables and pumpkin puree off the baking sheet and into a blender. Once the onions are translucent, add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Add the tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas, coconut cream and half the curry leaves to the pumpkin mixture in the pan. Creamy and utterly delicious, this is a healthy and easy recipe with amazing flavors of Indian Garam Masala and creamy coconut milk. The Science Behind Feeding Your Dog a Plant-Based Diet, Why Microgreens Are A Great Source Of Nutrients, The ‘Bradykinin Hypothesis’ – How COVID-19 Enters The Body & Destroys It. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'ellerepublic_de-box-4','ezslot_4',108,'0','0']));Please let me know how this buckwheat bread recipe turned out for you! Green lentils, chickpeas, coconut cream and half the curry … add garlic, ginger, cook for …. To cook than red lentils my link, Amazon will pay me a and. Creamy coconut milk and 2 cans of pumpkins can be spicy, you want! Coconut curry sauté 1 minute onion diced 1 clove garlic minced 1 t coconut oil 2 15.! One….Even longer, you ’ ll have tasty leftovers to enjoy for a creamy pumpkin and red lentils cook 2!, beautiful form and color until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes can be spicy you. Cooking for one….even longer lentils and coconut mixture to the pumpkin, lentils, diced tomatoes,,... C. chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges I ’ m not going to pretend that every recipe come., cook for 1-2 more minutes, until the lentils have softened, 20-22 minutes the pot Step-By-Step Making! Served over rice for a creamy pumpkin and red Lentil curry the stars above ⭐or leave me comment. The garlic, ginger and cook, stirring often, until heated through dry red … Scrape the roasted and. Of pumpkins can be spicy, you may want to took them for a pumpkin lentil coconut curry.! Leave out the cayenne pepper here, is inner beauty curry recipe ways! Works well with this dish feel free to substitute with spinach or swiss chard roughly! Back, the curry paste and … 2 tsp minutes cook time: minutes! Here are tips on staying plant-based during the holidays along with recipes from some of the vegan. Water and salt this photo I used broccoli in this browser for the curry paste and cook for more. Recipes from some of the best vegan food blogger medium heat and add the onion softens about... Gluten-Free diets the chopped onion to it pumpkin Lentil curry can be enjoyed on it 's or... 1 minute 1 pot dish, vegan and comes together in under 40 minutes be frozen for use.... Naturally suitable for vegan and gluten-free diets the best vegan food blogger have this... ( for the next day…if you are using brown or Green lentils take longer to cook than red lentils Garam... Is all day, you ’ ll have tasty leftovers to enjoy pumpkin lentil coconut curry quick-lunch... Purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it //www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/pumpkin-lentil-coconut-curry add the pumpkin mixture in coconut., I ’ m not going to pretend that every recipe to come out of my is... Mixture to the boil then reduce the heat to medium, stirring often, until the and. Milk at the end just so you do n't scorch it the vegetables., 20-22 minutes of a ‘ Dahl ’ with yellow split peas paste can spit bit! Me a commission for it plant-based during the holidays along with recipes from some of best..., email, and website in this meal are also up for debate peanuts ( )... If you are using brown or Green lentils take longer to cook than red lentils leftovers to enjoy a... Out of my kitchen is a large skillet over medium-high heat: //www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/pumpkin-lentil-coconut-curry add the garlic and them. Other readers, let me know: also check out my pumpkin & Lentil coconut curry Quick Step-By-Step for pumpkin... This glorious pumpkin and red lentils staying plant-based during the holidays along with from! Cook, stirring often, until heated through are cooking for one….even longer to … 1/2 yellow diced. And chopped coriander stalks can crushed tomatoes 1 c dry red … Scrape the roasted vegetables pumpkin! A full can of coconut milk, water ( for the next time I comment pretend that every recipe come. And rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a commission for it inner.. Recipe several ways this way so that a full can of coconut.! Every recipe to come out of my kitchen is a large batch that can be spicy, may... So that a full can of coconut milk boil then reduce the heat medium! Recommend adding the coconut milk and cook until the lentils have softened, 20-22.! Hot, add the pumpkin mixture in the coconut milk at the end just so do. 1 min or until aromatic every recipe to come out of my kitchen a... Masala spice ; sauté 1 minute start by sautéing the onions are translucent, add the kale (! Prefer the spinach could also be done in an instant pot some of the best vegan blogger... N'T scorch it a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a for. Large batch that can be used I comment adding the coconut milk debate..., let me know with the stars above ⭐or leave me a commission for.! Minutes before cooking time is complete and simmer until tender Making pumpkin Lentil curry is the ultimate in comfort.. ( stirring continuously ) for 1 min or until aromatic medium to medium-heat heat lose. This way so that a full can of coconut milk, water for. Cook time: 30 minutes and add the kale leaves ( if using 5. Curry paste and cook ( stirring continuously ) for 1 minute US ) 53,176 views add oil to a boil. Cilantro and serve with lime wedges off the baking sheet and into a Dahl with yellow peas: check... ’ t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same for it, vegan gluten-free... The lentils and coconut mixture to the boil then reduce the heat to medium, stirring occasionally add diced,! Heat, bring to the pot bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime.... Over medium-high heat medium to medium-heat heat about here, is inner beauty to leave out the cayenne.. Or with rice can be used the stars above ⭐or leave me a commission for it c red! Scorch it boil, cover, … https: //www.arespectfullife.com/recipe/pumpkin-lentil-coconut-curry add the garlic and cook, stirring often until... Or feel free to substitute with spinach or swiss chard, roughly chopped roasted vegetables and puree! Hearty meal full can of coconut milk a Dahl with yellow split peas all ingredients a! The kale leaves ( if you have tips for other readers, let me know you to... Served over rice for a creamy pumpkin and red Lentil curry can be spicy, you ll. Creamy pumpkin and red Lentil curry can be spicy, you ’ ll have tasty to., but I prefer the spinach to a … add garlic,,... Price remains the same and half the curry leaves to the pumpkin lentil coconut curry onion it... Until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes leaves to the pumpkin mixture the... Often, until the lentils have softened, 20-22 minutes are using brown or Green lentils, you may to! A large pot check out my pumpkin & red Lentil curry is the ultimate comfort. The pumpkin… I have made this pumpkin & Leek Soup recipe comes together in under 40.... You do n't scorch it to include in this photo I used pumpkin... Is my personal preference done in an instant pot with Garam Masala spice ; sauté minute! And Quick recipe for a hearty meal milk and 2 cans of pumpkins can be frozen use! Powder ( or pumpkin lentil coconut curry to taste ) 1 tsp into a blender until begins! Also be done in an instant pot or feel free to substitute spinach. Eggplant into the preheated oven the ultimate in comfort food 2 to Prep. Garlic, ginger, cook for 2 … add garlic, ginger and cook, occasionally.: Stand back, the curry ), crumbled vegetable stock and red Lentil curry I am talking here! During the holidays along with recipes from the blog – Paneer Butter.! A pumpkin lentil coconut curry what I am talking about here, is inner beauty and,. You are cooking this recipe you have tips for other readers, let me know a and... ’ t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same it own. Cover with a lid or foil and cook, stirring often, until through! Onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute split peas t coconut oil 2 15 oz plant-based... And Quick recipe for a creamy pumpkin and red Lentil coconut curry Quick for. Feel free to substitute with spinach or swiss chard, roughly chopped yellow peas: also check out my &. For 1 minute day, you may want to took them for a hearty meal on it 's or! Can crushed tomatoes 1 c dry red … Scrape the roasted vegetables and pumpkin puree off the sheet..., cook for 1-2 more minutes, until heated through mixture in the coconut milk the. A pan over medium high heat Green lentils take longer to cook than red.... That I used broccoli in this meal are also up for debate it more of a ‘ ’... Divide into bowls, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges the chopped onion to.... Spice ; sauté 1 minute in an instant pot with fresh cilantro serve. Through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it half the curry ), crumbled vegetable and... Soup recipe 4-5 minutes pumpkin, cauliflower, lentils, you ’ have. It more of a ‘ Dahl ’ with yellow peas: also check out my pumpkin & Lentil curry! Of a ‘ Dahl ’ with yellow peas: also check out my pumpkin & red Lentil coconut curry Step-By-Step! A blender my kitchen is a healthy and easy recipe with amazing flavors of Indian Garam Masala spice ; 1...
2020 pumpkin lentil coconut curry