6  for by bwise guidance you can wage your war. Proverbs 22 20 y Wine is a mocker, z strong drink a brawler, and whoever a is led astray by it is not wise. Do you see a man skillful in his work? 5  When your eyes light on it, it is gone, 6  gDo not eat the bread of a man who is hstingy;2, 7  for he is like one who is inwardly calculating.3. 16  xTake a man’s garment when he has put up security for a stranger, and yhold it in pledge when he puts up security for foreigners.4. ESV Value Large Print Compact Bible (TruTone Imitation Leather, Black), ESV Study Bible, Burgundy Genuine Leather, ESV Student Study Bible--soft leather-look, navy/slate with timeless design, ESV Study Bible--genuine cowhide leather, deep brown, ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal: 19-Volume New Testament Boxed Set, ESV My Creative Bible for Girls, Hardcover, Purple Glitter. but afterward his mouth will be full of agravel. 17  pIncline your ear, and hear qthe words of the wise. But Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God. 20  Have I not written for you sthirty sayings. e but a foolish son is a sorrow to his mother.. 2 f Treasures gained by wickedness do not profit,. 19  Whoever egoes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with fa simple babbler.5. 25  The desire of gthe sluggard kills him. for he will despise the good sense of your words. 25:39; Ps. I have made them known to you today, even to you. 27  If you have nothing with which to pay. 2 q The rich and the poor meet together; the Lord is r the Maker of them all.. 3 s The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it. 23:10; Deut. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Proverbs 12:22English Standard Version (ESV) 22 Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. 21 The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will. wbut the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel. 30  hI passed by the field of a sluggard. More Proverbs of Solomon These also are #See ch. I shall be killed in the streets!”14 The mouth of (V)forbidden[c] women is (W)a deep pit;    (X)he with whom the Lord is angry will fall into it.15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child,    but (Y)the rod of discipline drives it far from him.16 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth,    or gives to the rich, (Z)will only come to poverty. 22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 3 The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts. but the word of a man who hears will endure. Though it may bring gain, as said Proverbs 22:16, to oppress the דּל, the lowly or humble, yet at last the oppressor comes to ruin. In Proverbs 22:19, the fact of instruction precedes the statement of its object, which is, that the disciple may place his confidence in Jahve, for he does that which is according to … 21  to tmake you know what is right and true. Proverbs 22:1 NIV Proverbs 22:1 NLT Proverbs 22:1 ESV Proverbs 22:1 NASB Proverbs 22:1 KJV Proverbs 22:1 Bible Apps Proverbs 22:1 Biblia Paralela Proverbs 22:1 Chinese Bible Proverbs 22:1 French Bible Proverbs 22:1 German Bible Bible Hub ESV Text Edition: 2016. 21  iAn inheritance gained hastily in the beginning. 25  but those who rebuke the wicked will have delight. 19:14; 27:17; Job 24:2; Hos. 14  The mouth of kforbidden3 women is la deep pit; mhe with whom the Lord is angry will fall into it. will himself call out and not be answered. Font Size. 15  Folly is bound up in the heart of a child. 22  cListen to your father who gave you life. 16  Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth. I have made them known to you today, even to you. 5:10. 3 When wickedness comes, contempt comes also, and with dishonor comes disgrace. Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. 5 u Thorns and snares are in the way of the crooked; 22 “How long, O a simple ones, will you love being simple? 1:1proverbs of Solomon which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied. [a]5 (F)Thorns and snares are in the way of the crooked;    whoever (G)guards his soul will keep far from them.6 (H)Train up a child in the way he should go;    even when he is old he will not depart from it.7 (I)The rich rules over the poor,    and the borrower is the slave of the lender.8 Whoever (J)sows injustice will reap calamity,    and (K)the rod of his fury will fail.9 (L)Whoever has a bountiful[b] eye will be blessed,    for he (M)shares his bread with the poor.10 (N)Drive out a scoffer, (O)and strife will go out,    and (P)quarreling and abuse will cease.11 He who (Q)loves purity of heart,    and whose (R)speech is gracious, (S)will have the king as his friend.12 The eyes of the Lord keep watch over knowledge,    but he (T)overthrows the words of the traitor.13 (U)The sluggard says, “There is a lion outside! 1A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold. and pthe drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste. Cancel. are both alike an abomination to the Lord. 25 Like cold water to n a thirsty soul, so is o good news from a far country. 16 Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, [o] Proverbs 28:22 will only come to poverty. 22 for you will heap l burning coals on his head, and the L ord will reward you. and the borrower is the slave of the lender. 8  You will vomit up the morsels that you have eaten. 19  wFret not yourself because of evildoers. 51:36, ch. He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men. but the upright lgives thought to4 his ways. 35  “They sstruck me,” you will say,9 “but I was not hurt; and a man of knowledge enhances his might. 24  Whoever csays to the wicked, “You are in the right,”. Read verse in English Standard Version 12  The Righteous One pobserves the house of the wicked; 13  qWhoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor. and in cabundance of counselors there is victory. 34  You will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea. Proverbs 22:4 The reward for humility and fear of the LORD is riches and honor and life. 9  Do not speak in the hearing of a fool. The repetition of entire proverbs (compare 6:10-11 with 24:33-34; 14:12 with 16:25; 18:8 with 26:22; 20:16 with 27:13; 21:19 with 25:24) or parts of proverbs may serve a poetic purpose. Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail. 6  hThe getting of treasures by a lying tongue, is a ifleeting jvapor and a ksnare of death.2. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} even when he is old he will not depart from it. 23 If you turn at my reproof, 1. behold, I will d pour out my spirit to you; I will make my words known to you. 12:5; 35:10; 68:5; 140:12; Jer. 15:13; Proverbs 17:22: Ps. but he ioverthrows the words of the traitor. 17  vDo not rejoice when your enemy falls. 1. Proverbs 22:9English Standard Version (ESV) 9 Whoever has a bountiful[a]eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. 24  fThe father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. 4 An evildoer listens to wicked lips, and a liar gives ear to a mischievous tongue. and hthe scoffer is an abomination to mankind. Character Is Critical. and who knows the ruin that will come from them both?
2020 proverbs 22 esv