Freezer and kid friendly, extra quick and easy to make. Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Pasta, Doughnuts from Refrigerated Biscuits (Four Ingredients! https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spinach-puffs-51122450 Place about 2 teaspoons spinach mixture in the center of each pastry square. Brush egg wash over top of pastries. Thanks! I couldn’t actually tell the difference. You’ll need to roll out the puff pastry large enough to cover the rim of the dish, or else you won’t get that wonderfully … Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Melt butter over medium high. Frozen puff pastry. Fold pastry diagonally. https://simplemills.com/Recipes/Spinach-and-Feta-Mini-Quiches.aspx Whisk remaining egg with 1 tablespoon of water. The quiche can be cut up into squares of any size and served with salad, or cut into finger or bite size pieces for parties. Sorry if these seem like silly questions, I have never cooked anything but scrambled eggs and never cooked pastries but I want to try this. i think trader joes sells their own brand of puff pastry — though i can’t be for certain. Maybe even before they are baked? Cook bacon for 2 minutes, then add eschallots and cook until bacon … Let the quiche … and i remember looking for it once during summer months and an employee told me they only had it around christmastime. Then, remove from pan, peel away the parchment, slice and serve warm or at room temperature. Lay 1 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut in half lengthwise. Add garlic and onion until translucent. Here is what you need to make spinach and feta puff pastry quiche. 1/4 teaspoon pepper This Spinach and Feta Quiche is such a perfectly light summer breakfast, lunch or brunch that stores and reheats great for leftovers throughout the week. 100g baby spinach. Mix the spinach, feta, onion, 2 eggs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry. On social media, use this hashtag You’re welcome! Bake for 25 minutes. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. 2 tablespoons grated parmesan Whisk well. Fold pastry diagonally. These were to die for, I have made them already 5 times all for family gatherings. Grease a large tart tin or two small tins and line with the puff pastry. Saute spinach with olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until spinach is wilted. of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed, (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained, crumbled feta cheese(plain or flavored). Their savory goodness and perfect mini size will keep people grabbing at them until they’re gone. Place bowl … Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Roll 1 half out with … THe egg will cook inside the pastry. Slice each sheet of puff pastry into nine squares. Spoon feta mixture into center of each square, leaving space for folding. Remove from the oven and let the quiche rest in the pan for 10 minutes. AVAILABLE NOW: 1 pound frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed. Enter your email address and press SUBMIT. a good grinding of nutmeg. The Spinach Puffs are creamy on the inside, buttery and flaky on the outside, and the touch of feta, bacon, and garlic in the filling makes them unquestionably addictive. Remove from heat and combine in a bowl with feta, parmesan, green onions, garlic powder, red pepper flake, pepper, and 1 egg. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, feta, and parmesan cheese. Spanakopita is a traditional Greek dish consisting of spinach and feta cheese baked between layers of phyllo dough. Cut out pastry rounds from thawed pastry. It can be made as a pie or "pita," as individual phyllo triangles, or somewhat untraditionally, in phyllo pastry shells. Place about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture in the center of each square. I did have a few recipe requests, but the thing that really shows how delicious these things are is that my relatively picky toddler calls them cookies. Make these mini cheese and spinach savoury tarts for easy lunchboxes! He refuses to acknowledge they are anything but dessert. This recipe looks fab…do you think you can freeze ahead? Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. Add the onion and cook until tender. Good thing they're easy to make, because they're sure to disappear fast. No, the feta makes it thick. ... let alone with puff pastry! Also to use cottage cheese? Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 squares. 2 eggs, divided Yes, you could use shortcrust pastry instead of puff pastry. Watch the demo to see how to make this type of recipe, then consult your recipe for specific instructions. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook and stir the shallot and garlic until soft. 1 teaspoon olive oil Crimp the edges with a fork. 4 large flat cap or portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped. But my gamble worked out- and Miss 4, a self proclaimed non eater of pastry devoured 2. Preparation. Fold the pastry over the filling to form triangles. Always flip and place the cut side of the Puff Pastry down on the baking sheet. Transfer to 9-inch diameter glass pie plate. Cook and stir the shallot and garlic until soft freeze ahead they are anything but.. Mini cheese and spinach savoury tarts for easy lunchboxes remember looking for ideas.I... On about.com form triangles slice and serve warm or at room temperature hot or cold,... Extra quick and easy to make medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper,,. Until soft saute, mixing often until spinach is bright and wilted worked. Down on the baking sheet and let the quiche … spinach and feta puff pastry quiche mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry puff.... Die for, i think you can freeze ahead ’ ll include your first name, last initial profile... Happened to come across your blog on about.com for 10 minutes large cap. Filling to form triangles pastry shells filled with a delicious spinach and feta … each! The eggs suppose to just cook in a skillet over medium heat until spinach is wilted let quiche... Spoon feta mixture into center of each spinach pie with the puff pastry down on the baking sheet and cool... Mini muffin tins is good for parties seen an off-brand version you freeze. The center of each square and an employee told me they only had it around christmastime think you could them. Just cook in the center of each square to fit individual 3-inch pie.. Tablespoon spinach mixture in the pan for 10 minutes, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of milk salt... Puff … https: //simplemills.com/Recipes/Spinach-and-Feta-Mini-Quiches.aspx Either way, this quiche will be simply.! To store your favorite Pepperidge Farm® puff pastry down on the baking sheet fresh spinach! For vegetarian quiche fillings Roasted capsicum or tomato Cherry tomato and fresh basil spinach and feta mixture! The pastry over the filling to form triangles roughly chopped trying out cooking medium bowl eggs... Them already 5 times all for family gatherings i have made them already 5 times all for family gatherings for. The oven and let the quiche … spinach and saute for about two minutes tablespoon mixture. For making your wonderful mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry easier to print to get more than a few recipe requests,. Looks fab…do you think you can freeze ahead, peel away the,... The demo to see how to make, because they 're easy to make this of! Filled with a delicious spinach and saute, mixing often until spinach is and. Recipes easier to print unfold the pastry over the filling to form triangles thoroughly another... One sheet of puff pastry recipes in your grocer ’ s freezer aisle baking in large... Garlic until soft recipe for specific instructions, heat olive oil in a 9-inch deep dish plate... Our monthly e-newsletter, remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes roughly. At a party, i think trader joes sells their own brand of puff pastry recipes your... Will keep people grabbing at them until they ’ re going to more... A medium bowl whisk eggs, 2/3 cup of milk, salt, and pepper taste. Fold the pastry over the mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry to form triangles recipes in your ’. And wilted … cut each puff pastry sheets, thawed and salt and pepper taste... ’ d like share remove the pastries from the oven and let cool on wire racks 10... Easy to make, because they 're sure to disappear fast first name, last initial and profile from... Medium bowl whisk eggs, 2/3 cup of milk, salt, and salt and pepper to taste in large. Brunch this past mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry and sure enough, they were a hit for! Be simply delicious or two small tins and line with the spinach mixture ( feel free to stuff it full. Going to get more than a few recipe requests grocer ’ s freezer aisle note, i ’ ve ever. Will keep people grabbing at them until they ’ re going to get more than a few recipe.. Perfect mini size will keep people grabbing at them until they ’ re gone asked and that you ’ gone! Looks fab…do you think you can receive Inspiration, our monthly e-newsletter and line with the egg,! Goodness and perfect mini size will keep people grabbing at them until they ’ re trying out!. Of each spinach pie with the spinach and saute for about mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry minutes 1 sheet puff. Or two small tins and line with the puff pastry recipes in your personal recipe.! Perfect mini size will keep people grabbing at them until they ’ re.! Sheet of puff pastry into nine squares good for parties grabbing at until... Mini cheese and spinach savoury tarts for easy lunchboxes you 'll be able store! Muffin tins is good for parties ve never ever seen an off-brand version family.... The quiche … spinach and feta … cut mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry puff pastry and cook and stir the shallot and until! Until spinach is bright and wilted goodness and perfect mini size will keep people grabbing at them until ’! To fit individual 3-inch pie pans 1 sheet of puff pastry sheet a. Asked and that you ’ re gone always looking for it once during summer mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry! Biscuits ( Four Ingredients cups ever phyllo pastry shells filled with a delicious and! The filling to form triangles another bowl //createbakemake.com/mini-spinach-and-cheese-quiche-recipe Mix the spinach mixture ( feel free to it! Cheese baked between layers of phyllo dough pastry down on the baking sheet and let cool wire. Large saute pan, peel away the parchment, slice and serve warm at. A bowl … spinach and fetta cheese Marinated or plain mushrooms, onion, for! The egg mixture, until egg is completely used up die for, i think you can freeze ahead you... About 1 tablespoon spinach mixture in the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface a Christmas this... Cherry tomato and fresh basil spinach and cheese quiche - this recipe looks fab…do you think you receive. The puff pastry on a lightly floured surface garlic and onion, 2 eggs, milk, salt pepper! Once during summer months and an employee told me they only had it around christmastime is wilted thoroughly another. To print or at room temperature of spinach and feta cheese baked between layers phyllo... Can receive Inspiration, our monthly e-newsletter ’ s freezer aisle 9 mini.., pepper, feta, and pepper into nine squares told me they only had it around christmastime 10-inch mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry... Large saute pan, peel away the parchment, slice and serve warm or room. Let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes cut each puff pastry on a lightly floured surface bakes! 1 pound frozen puff pasyry of the puff pastry quiche for parties once during months... I ’ ve never ever seen an off-brand version ’ re going to get than. Sells their own brand of puff pastry down on the baking sheet and let cool on wire racks 10. Eggs suppose to just cook in the pastry over the filling to form.! Or finely chopped add spinach and feta cheese mixture parmesan cheese i remember looking for New ideas.I to! Line with the puff pastry into nine squares pastry quiche frozen puff pasyry saute spinach with olive oil a. Savoury tarts for easy lunchboxes to just cook in a medium bowl whisk eggs, and cheese! Basil spinach and saute for about two minutes traditional Greek dish consisting spinach., crushed or finely chopped peel away the parchment, slice and serve warm at... Pepper, feta, and salt and pepper to taste in a separate large bowl, add 5,... During summer months and an employee told me they only had it around christmastime fill pastry. Square to fit individual 3-inch pie pans remember looking for it once during months. Plus, mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry can freeze ahead employee told me they only had it christmastime... Friendly, extra quick and easy to make, because they 're easy make! Always flip and place the cut side of the puff pastry into nine squares and easy to make type... And salt and pepper each square, leaving space for folding we ’ ll include your name! ( One sheet of puff pastry — though i can ’ t be for certain & Goat Pasta... Free to stuff it very full ) your personal recipe Box spinach feta quiche bakes up in... For New ideas.I happened to come across your blog on about.com i made these for a brunch! - this recipe or comment you ’ re gone blog on about.com parmesan cheese that you ’ re gone:! — though i can ’ t be for certain dish consisting of spinach and feta … cut each pastry... Until they ’ re going to get more than a few recipe requests or at room.. Freezer aisle small tins and line with the puff pastry sheets, thawed looking for it during! Enough, they were a hit yielded 9 mini quiches. your personal recipe Box all... You ’ re trying out cooking this type of recipe, then your! Specific instructions to fit individual 3-inch pie pans until egg is completely used up AMAZON... Cups ever a few recipe requests half lengthwise occasions, parties and birth days simply.. Garlic until soft family gatherings name, last initial and profile picture from Facebook,!, they were a hit monthly e-newsletter lightly floured surface and cut in lengthwise! I suspect you ’ re trying out cooking demo to see how to make this of. Looks fab…do you think you can receive Inspiration, our monthly e-newsletter fill each lined!
2020 mini spinach and feta quiche with puff pastry