What does Laurie mean? See more. You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. "My first name is Theodore, but I don’t like it, for the fellows called me Dora, so I made them say Laurie instead." Laurie. Laurie is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. See also the related categories, english and latin. 11 Strange Celebrity Baby Names. These are some of the common questions you may want to have answered to know if this is the perfect name for your baby. find the perfect name for your baby. Variations. Browse for all the origins, histories, and meanings of Laurie and over 40,000 other names. Laurie, as a girl or boy's name, has Latin origins. It is a nn for Lauren, Laurence or could stand on its own (as it does on my Guilty Pleasures list). The number of U.S. boys and girls named Laurie each year What if I can't see data for boys or girls in the chart above? Old name with many variants. LAURIE. In 1840 there was 1 Laurie family living in Connecticut. Other variants, like Lawrie, are seldom used. Usage: English, Dutch. It could be a nickname for Laurence / Lawrence (very common) or the Finnish form of those names. Although some names possibly appear suitable and have some of the qualities you are looking for, the name may not harmonize with your last name and the baby's birth date and could create restrictions and lack of success. Name Popularity Related Names Related Ratings Comments ... People think this name is. The greatest number of people were given this name in 1934, when 43 people in the U.S. were given the name Laurie. You Have To See This. English Baby Names Meaning: In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Laurie is: The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory. Analysis, gender of Laurie, acrostic poem about Laurie other details; Advertisement Contents. "Annie Laurie", Irish song. (2000 U.S. CENSUS), Laurie reached its apex position of #1202 in the U.S. in the 1930s, but is not in the Top 1000 currently. Other recommended sound-alike names are Barnie, Barrie, Baxlie, Braulie (see Brawley), Burnie, Cadbie (see Cadby), Clarrie, Darbie, Davie, Derrie, Fairlie, Gardie, Garrie, Hallie▼, Harlie, Harrie, Harvie, Hubie, Imrie, Jackie▼, Jakie, Jamie▼, Jaymie, Jorie, Kearie, Lacie, Laddie, Ladle, Laine, Lake, Lale, Lamarre, Lance▼, Lange, Lannie, Laramie, Larch, Laren, Largo, Larin, Lark, Larran, Larrin, Larsen, Laud, Launce, Laurian, Layne▲, Linnie, Lorrin, Louie▼, Lucien, Lucio, Martie, Maurice▼, Maurie, Maurin, Maurio, Maurise, Norrie, Parrie, Paulie, Perrie, Rudie, Sachie, Sandie, Tannie, Terrie, Torrie and Wallie. Laurie is a unisex given name. However, my name is Laurie and I was named after my mother's youngest brother, Laurence. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Laurie is a version of Laura (Latin). Reuben . Laurie Partridge, teenage daughter in "The Partridge Family" TV series of the 1970s, played by Susan Dey. The name Laurie means Laurel and is of English origin. People having the name Laurie are in general originating from Belgium, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of … Edward . STARTS/ENDS WITH La-, -ie. Send us an email if you have any questions or feedback. For females, it can be a short form of Lauren or Laura Note: The data above is from the Social Security Administrator of United States, (more info here) from Social Security card applications for births in US for every name, from 1880 up to the present year. Laurie is a Boy name, meaning Laurel in Jamaican origin. These names tend to be more commonly used than Laurie. Some names are more gender neutral than others, and some names are more strongly associated with either males or females. We'd love to hear from you. Opinions on Laurie for a boy. The first thing you should know if you are considering Laurie for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Laurie is a unisex name, used as a boy name and a girl name. If you read novels written at this time it shows up a lot. Laurie as a name for boys (also used as girls' name Laurie) is of Latin derivation, and the name Laurie means "from Laurentum". What does Laurie mean? DEMOGRAPHICS) Laurie reached its top position of #58 in the U.S. in the 1960s, but is not ranked at the moment. Pronunciation of Laurie LOR ee Meaning of Laurie Laurel, crowned with a laurel. Those people are now 86 years old. Old name with many variants. Then click "Continue". Laurie is mostly a girls' name, but it is used for boys 0.04 percent of the time.
2020 laurie male name