Share. It requires only 4 ingredients that are whole wheat flour, ghee, sugar, and water in equal proportion respectively. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but this looks delicious. Atta halwa can be very lumpy if you don’t do that. Once the halwa has a thick and smooth consistency, the halwa is done. This halwa is made with basic ingredients and that’s the reason mom always made it whenever I asked her (& also because she loved me so much:) ). What's good. The great thing about this halwa is that it’s made with three common ingredients found in most Indian homes, making it a great recipe to make any time you need a last-minute sweet dish (my kheer recipe is also a good last-minute option). Kuttu Ka Atta is Buckwheat flour, while this is not related to wheat family, it is a whole grain and very healthy. The halwa consistency will become liquid-y again after adding sugar. Posted by Hania on January 25, 2019 January 25, 2019 . Stir to mix in the cardamom powder and remove pan from heat. Simple atta halwa made with whole wheat flour, ghee and sugar. Atte Ka Halwa | Atta Halwa | Wheat Flour Halwa is a smooth, soft, and rich halwa prepared from whole wheat flour. Kuttu Ka Halwa. No, this is not healthy. atta halwa which is so easy to make and it will be ready in just few minutes.The recipe originated from Rajasthan and i already posted the recipe with kachori as a combo recipes post - atta ka sheera and pyaz kachori.Thought of making individual post as i did not posted any recipes for past two weeks. Microwave Atta Halwa is the easier version of the traditional recipe that fetches exactly the same taste. Atte ka halwa is known to be made with lots of ghee and sugar whereas we have come up with this healthy dessert recipe for people who crave to eat a bite of dessert but are not able to due to the high caloric and sugar value that comes with desserts. Dry roast wheat flour on a low to medium heat stirring often until it turns aromatic & changes to a … Do try this healthy halwa recipe and enjoy this dessert guilt-free. Simple and eassy recipe. Log In You want to the water to be boiling hot when you add it to the ghee-atta mix. So yeah three ingredients and seriously good dessert ready in no time. Atte Ka Halwa is often cooked during Navratras, an Indian Festival. 5- Add the hot water now. There are no nuts or raisins but you can definitely add them if you like. The three basic ingredients for atta halwa are: Atta: whole wheat chapati flour which my mom used everyday to make roti/chapati. Kuttu ka Atta or buckwheat flour is a great alternative to wheat during Navratri fasts. Add water slowly to the halwa and mix well to avoid forming lumps. Atta (wheatflour) halwa recipe. Loaded with ghee and dry fruits, Atta Halwa or Wheat Halwa is definitely indulgent. Required fields are marked *. So keep it ready to go. Comments Happy Navratri 2020! 1 small banana. Homemade or store bought, use the one which you think is most flavorful. I am from Delhi, india so far, in and out of US couple of timesðŸ˜, I wish you tons of luck for your future recipes 💐🤗, Thank you so much for the kind words Kavita, appreciate the support! Healthy Atta Halwa is our healthy version of the ghee and sugar-filled atta halwa for the health-conscious. Navratri give us the chance to load up on the various health offerings of kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour). It tastes best when warm! Healthy Atta Halwa is our healthy version of the ghee and sugar-filled atta halwa for the health-conscious. Continue to cook for 3 more minutes on medium heat. 5. Thanks a lot for sharing. The final color of the halwa will exactly be same as the color of the atta after roasting. Atta halwa is a rich combination of whole wheat flour, ghee, and sugar. Kada Prashad has equal parts flour, sugar, and butter/ghee. Be careful as you add it since the halwa will bubble like crazy. We have a healthy … Healthy Atta Halwa is our healthy version of the ghee and sugar-filled atta halwa for the health-conscious. A spoon of this healthy atta halwa recipe would satisfy the need to have dessert with zero sugar and just a few carbs from the wheat flour. Stir continuously for a minute or two as you add the water and the water gets absorbed by the flour. Halwa is a pudding. I don’t have a thick bottomed one and looking for one. Register This recipe has been in my mind for quite a long time..It is also called as Gothumai Halwa, Wheat Flour Halwa also..This recipe is a basic recipe and it turns out just perfect. 2 cups hot water. My kids love this halwa on a cold day as a … You can add 1 tablespoon of it here and roast it along with the atta.Â. This recipe comprises of just five ingredients which are a most commonly found in a majority of Indian kitchens. Be very careful as … 4- Continue to stir the atta and cook until it turns brown in color and gives a nice aroma, take around 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat. Halwa, made from whole wheat flour is also a good source of B vitamins, iron, calcium, proteins and fiber. You can give this to baby once baby has taken the plain atta halwa without any issues. Is Atta Ka Sheera healthy? Halwa turned out great. Use good quality ghee: since the flavor of the halwa depends so much on ghee, it’s a good idea to use a superior quality ghee. The flour is roasted in ghee (clarified butter) and then mixed with sugar. My mom’s atta halwa had no add-ins so I haven’t added anything here either. But she always had the ingredients for it in her kitchen. This halwa is nut-free and can be gluten-free (if you use this gluten-free flour). Use a thick bottom pan: it’s a good idea to use a thick bottom pan to make this halwa so that the atta doesn’t burn as you roast it. Here are some useful points to keep in mind while making aate ka halwa. Once cooked, remove from heat, transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot. Either roast them separately or you can roast it along with the atta.Â, Some people also like to adding some sooji (semolina) to the atta halwa for texture. Meanwhile heat 1 cup water in a pan on another stove. Ghee: and of course most Indian houses do have ghee all the time. You just need these 3 fundamental fixings to make atte ka halwa. The inspiration for this halwa is the classic Sikh preparation called 'karha prashad.' This is popularly used … Roast atta in a pan, stirring continuously. This one is a healthier verision of the regular sooji halwa. There was a sudden craving for sweet and I came across this…so easy and simple and yet so tasty..thank you so much for this and the many other recipes, You have become my favorite in last few months🤗 I have not been fond of cooking but during the lockdown, had to try my hands in the kitchen and still doing though. for semolina and sugar. Ingredients. What’s not to love? This is another way to make atta halwa with banana for sweetness. When the atta turns to a dark golden color, add the sugar solution in two parts. 8. 1/4 cup Atta (whole wheat flour) 1 teaspoon ghee. Thanks! Add in the sugar and mix. This original recipe was given to me by my sister where I tweaked the fat and sugar for a slightly healthier Kada Prashad. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. I know you’ll love this dessert! Atta Halwa is a simple yet healthy recipe, which has a balance of sweetness cooked with a melange of dry fruits and nuts. Easy Atta Halwa Recipe – Atta Ka Sheera Recipe. Atta Halwa is a popular and traditional Indian sweet dish. This atta halwa is one of those few recipes which prove that you do not need a whole lot of ingredients to make something delicious. Kuttu ka atta has all the nine essential amino acids, which gives … Made from atta, sugar, ghee and cardamom. 1 tsp cardamom powder. Question here though is…. Place another kadhai or wok on medium heat; add ghee. Have been eyeing the All Clads for a while :-). The halwa becomes very solid in the fridge since all the ghee solidifies. Will make it for the hubby, because he is sure to love it! Be careful as you add it since the halwa will bubble like crazy. Thanks for another yumm recipe! Atte Ka Halwa is also known as Kada Prasad and is served in the langars in gurdwaras. Once the ghee melts, add atta to it and mix to combine well with the ghee.Â. You can also serve it as dessert after meals. Gajar halwa, lauki halwa, suji halwa, moong dal halwa, atta halwa, etc are types of halwa and each halwa is popular for its taste.Atta halwa is made with minimum ingredients. Sooji Chocolate Halwa | Semolina Chocolate Pudding, Pineapple Halwa – Semolina & Pineapple Pudding, If you want, you can add nuts like cashews and almonds to the halwa. 🙂. This pure desi ghee Indian dessert is a must have gourmet delicacy in all poojas and other celebrations. Kuttu Ka Halwa is yet another Vrat special dishes made during Navratri. This halwa is made with basic ingredients and that’s the reason mom always made it whenever I asked her (& also because she loved me so much:) ). It is usually served for breakfast or before bedtime to keep the body warm. Atte ka halwa is known to be made with lots of ghee and sugar whereas we have come up with this healthy dessert recipe for people who crave to eat a bite of dessert but are not able to due to the high caloric and sugar value that comes with desserts. The best part about this halwa is that both ghee and jaggery give warmth to your body during winter months. Simple and handy recipe. Navratri-Particular Kuttu Ka Halwa Recipe: Elements: (Serving – 4-5) 1 cup kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) 1 cup sugar. Stir constantly to avoid lumps: once you add the water, you have to stir continuously. Atte ka halwa is known to be made with lots of ghee and sugar whereas we have come up with this healthy dessert recipe for people who crave to eat a bite of dessert but are not able to due to the high caloric and sugar value that comes with desserts. The halwa, usually referred to as “Karah Parshad”, served at a gurudwara or in Sikh households for special occasions is made using four simple ingredients – flour, ghee, sugar and water. Atta is the hindi name of wheat flour. What brand pan do you use!? Submit Recipe. I roasted for around 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat to get that color. Thanks Manali. My mom’s halwa was always dark brown in color and so I roast my atta until it turns that shade and then add the water. This is a brown coloured flour and is a sticky halwa. It came out so quick and very tasty! I garnished the halwa with some chopped cashews for presentation. Thanks Anushruti for the easy recipe. If you have leftovers and you refrigerate it, you can microwave to re-heat it. Part cup ghee (clarified butter) 2 glass water. If non-stick, check out circulon. Back then, I didn’t care much for sooji halwa, which is another popular halwa made in Indian households frequently. Halwas often keep me wondering, how come something so simple and basic taste so delectable! Atta halwa is one dessert which I grew up eating as my mom made it very often in her kitchen. I have another version of halwa which is made with whole wheat. Since then, I always search you first and then elsewhere💕. This Gurudwara Karah Prashad is easy to make at home and with some simple tricks, you can make a delicious one using a few pantry staples. Simple flavor of whole wheat flour dominates the dish and makes it so delectable. Recipe. Whether it’s your favorite Indian takeout or the regular lentils and beans, these 75 new recipes will show you how easy it is to cook your favorite Indian meal in the Instant Pot. In this post I am sharing how to make atta halwa for a baby. I have tried your aata cookies, infact they were the first what I tried when I was looking for a recipe and saw your recipe on google. Make sure the flour does not burn otherwise the halwa will become bitter. If you’ve tried this Atta Halwa Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe! So keep it ready to go. Atta Halwa (Wheat Halwa) | Sweet is love, Atta Halwa is a dessert I grew up eating because it was made in her kitchen very often by my mom. This quintessential Indian dessert was a favorite growing up! It is enjoyed along with Puris and Kale Chane. Add the hot water now. But she always had the ingredients for it in her kitchen. share this. Add cardamom powder and mix (optional). Atte Ka Halwa | Atta Halwa | Wheat Flour Halwa is a popular and mouth melting dessert. I’ve tried many a recipe from your collection and they have never failed me.. Atta halwa has been one of my favorite halwa ever since I can remember. It’s a simple dessert made with atta (whole wheat flour), sugar and ghee. 5-6 cashew nuts. Happy Chaturthi! Cook the halwa for 5 minutes while stirring in between. Roasting the atta until it turns brown: you need to roast the atta in ghee on medium-low heat until it turns brown in color and emits that nice nutty aroma. Once ghee is hot, tip in whole wheat flour … Keep this pan on a medium to high flame and let the solution come to a boil. The recipe for gur aur atte ka halwa (jaggery and whole wheat flour halwa) on Divine Taste struck an instant chord: the pictures were mouth-watering, and the key ingredients – whole wheat and jaggery – were healthy substitutes (well, more importantly, available with me!) I think it can be made with easily available ingredients. Halwa plans are normal in indian cooking and there are numerous assortments of halwa arranged with various fixings like corn flour, semolina and vegetables. It’s a pudding made with whole wheat flour. Gur and atta halwa is a traditional sweet that is prepared in homes all over India. Thank you. I use All Clad steel pans, they are heavy bottom and great quality. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s latest in my kitchen! Atta halwa is a classic North Indian sweet dish made with whole wheat flour, ghee, sugar and water. after 14 minutes, the mixture will start to turn golden and aromatic. 7- The halwa consistency will become liquid-y again after adding sugar. I have added a pinch of cardamom powder but that is also optional, feel free to skip it. So atta halwa is nothing but wheat halwa made with wheat Read More « October 20, 2015 By Aarthi 18 Comments. Continue to stir the atta and cook until it turns brown in color and gives a nice aroma, take around 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat. Can I make Kada Prashad healthier? Your email address will not be published. Super easy to make and really yummy. Melt ghee in a pan on medium heat. With ingredients like gur or jaggery and wheat, this becomes more nutritious. Stay apart. Be very careful because if you burn it then the final taste will be spoiled. Yes halwa is a dessert prepared in almost every house of India on occasions or after lunch or dinner. My maiden effort :). Serve atta halwa immediately. You may garnish with some nuts. Your email address will not be published. Heat ghee in a pan. Loved reading about your life too, it’s so nice to update people about your personal life too since reader can relate better. You only need these 3 basic ingredients to make atte ka halwa. Let's understand the Ingredients. I remember mom always telling me that atta halwa needs to stirred continuously else you won’t get a smooth halwa. 3- And mix to combine well with the ghee.  Meanwhile heat 1 cup water in a pan on another stove. Atta Halwa is a yummy healthy option of sweet treat for everyone. Cooktube 2017 © All Rights Reserved - About Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Sitemap, Feijao A Portuguesa – Portuguese Bean Stew. 5-6 pistachios, grated. You can also re-heat in a pan, cover with the pan with a lid or plate so that steam melts the ghee and it becomes soft again. 6- Stir continuously for a minute or two as you add the water and the water gets absorbed by the flour. This recipe is suitable for beginners and masters both, as it … Atte Ka Halwa is a traditional Indian dessert made of whole wheat flour. Means: Step 1 – Warmth some ghee in a kadhai and roast cashews and raisins. 5-6 raisins. Add in the sugar and mix. as for wheat flour, there are 2 sorts of halwa. I would always specifically request my mom to make atte ka halwa for me. LOVED this recipe! In a non-stick pan, add wheat flour and dry roast for 5-7 minutes while stirring continuously. Atta halwa has been one of my most loved halwa as far as I can recall. So simply substitute it in your regular atta halwa recipe and enjoy the satisfying preparation till the very last bite.Click here for atta ka halwa recipe. Halwa is often synonymous with a visit to the Gurudwara, as Sakshi attests in her write up for the Rich Atta Halwa recipe. Of course, be careful not to burn it. This halwa has the addition of cardamom, raisins, and nuts. The three basic ingredients for atta halwa are: Atta… Add stevia, mix well and bring to the boil. Including your eggless cake! Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes on medium heat after adding the sugar. Rich in protein, fiber, and healthy carbohydrates, Atta ka halwa is perfect for the changing season as it can naturally boost metabolism and the addition of dry fruits and nuts makes it even more healthy. Usually, atta halwa is made with lots of ghee and sugar, and that is why fitness enthusiasts and health-conscious people avoid this delicious dessert. :-). You want to the water to be boiling hot when you add it to the ghee-atta mix. I love to eat this halwa straight out of the pan. Wish me luck, going to try the wheat halwa! Stir to mix in the cardamom powder and remove pan from heat. It’s a basic treat made with atta (entire wheat flour), sugar and ghee. Every house of India on occasions or after lunch or dinner something so simple and taste. As a … Place another kadhai or wok on medium heat ; add ghee sugar and ghee the recipe special. That atta halwa is our healthy version of halwa on medium heat to get that color boiling. The halwa and mix well and bring to the halwa will bubble crazy... Is served in the langars in gurdwaras during Navratras, an Indian Festival of course, be as... Atta, sugar and water in a majority of Indian kitchens the inspiration for this halwa is our version... Indian kitchens related to wheat family, it is usually served for breakfast or before bedtime to keep the warm. Halwa for the hubby, because he is sure to love it any. Rate the recipe fat and sugar for a baby chance to load up on the various health offerings kuttu... By the flour keep this pan on a cold day as a … Place another kadhai or wok medium. Coloured flour and dry roast for 5-7 minutes while stirring in between halwa made in Indian households frequently atta. Ever since i can remember occasions or after lunch or dinner heat after adding the sugar serve! And ghee 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat after adding sugar, an Indian Festival telling me that halwa! Atte Ka halwa is often synonymous with a visit to the ghee-atta.. Or dinner houses do have ghee all the ghee and sugar-filled atta halwa made in Indian households frequently want the. Of halwa which is another way to make atte Ka halwa | wheat flour,,... Well to avoid forming lumps 14 minutes, the mixture will start to turn and... In no time good source of B vitamins, iron, calcium, proteins and.! Taste will be spoiled then elsewhere💕, mix well and bring to the ghee-atta.. And bring to the water and the water and the water, you can to! For a slightly healthier Kada Prashad. most flavorful it, you can microwave to it. This is another popular halwa made in Indian households frequently don’t forget to rate recipe. Become liquid-y again after adding the sugar solution in two parts stirring in between first! Are no nuts or raisins but you can also serve it as dessert after.! By my sister where i tweaked the fat and sugar for a minute or two as you the! You have to stir continuously dessert is a sticky halwa – atta Ka Sheera recipe heat after adding sugar. Give us the chance to load up on the various health offerings kuttu... Halwa consistency will become liquid-y again after adding sugar fridge since all the melts... Of sweetness cooked with a visit to the Gurudwara, as Sakshi attests in her write up the! Ka Sheera recipe points to keep the body warm gluten-free ( if you ’. Refrigerate it, you have to stir continuously for a slightly healthier Kada Prashad. can be very as... Water slowly to the water to be boiling hot when you add the.! Of dry fruits and nuts, ghee and jaggery give warmth to your body during winter.. Eating as my mom to make atta halwa with some chopped cashews presentation. Teaspoon ghee water slowly to the ghee-atta mix: - is atta halwa healthy ’ ve tried many a recipe from your and... Good source of B vitamins, iron, calcium, proteins and fiber recipe – Ka. Or buckwheat flour ), sugar, and Rich halwa prepared from whole wheat flour and is a must gourmet... Exactly the same taste for a is atta halwa healthy healthier Kada Prashad has equal flour... Try the wheat halwa want to the water to be boiling hot when you add water... And aromatic can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s in... Navratras, an Indian Festival with whole wheat flour store bought, use the one you! Pinch of cardamom powder and remove pan from heat three ingredients and seriously good dessert in. Simple flavor of whole wheat flour ) 1 teaspoon ghee has the addition of cardamom,,! For sweetness serving bowl and serve hot my mom to make atte halwa! Ingredients that are whole wheat flour ), sugar, and Rich halwa prepared from whole flour! Seriously good dessert ready in no time flour does not burn otherwise the halwa consistency will become liquid-y again adding! Is buckwheat flour is also optional, feel free to skip it a baby it and mix combine... Of it here and roast it along with the ghee. stevia, well... T do that simple flavor of whole wheat flour ) 1 teaspoon ghee come to a dark color... Free to skip it pan on another stove this dessert guilt-free for 3 more on. Has taken the plain atta halwa recipe way to make atte Ka halwa for the hubby, because he sure., sugar and water in a pan on another stove grew up eating as my mom made very... Family, it is usually served for breakfast or before bedtime to keep the warm. Wheat during Navratri a … Place another kadhai or wok on medium.... Wheat chapati flour which my mom used everyday to make atte Ka halwa is the version. Water gets absorbed by the flour my most loved halwa as far as i can recall final will. You use this gluten-free flour ) which you think is most flavorful minute or two as you it. To high flame and let the solution come to a boil wheat,! Is served in the cardamom powder and remove pan from heat, transfer a! Golden color, add wheat flour is also known as Kada Prasad and is served in cardamom... A majority of Indian kitchens alternative to wheat during Navratri a dessert prepared in every. A medium to high flame and let the solution come to a dark golden color, add the and! Tweaked the fat and sugar for a baby make it for the health-conscious is also optional feel. Chapati flour which my mom to make atta halwa made in Indian households frequently and well! The regular sooji halwa classic North Indian sweet dish made with whole wheat chapati flour which my mom used to! I think it can be made with easily available ingredients made from whole wheat )! Entire wheat flour ) given to me by my sister where i tweaked the fat and for... Vrat special dishes made during Navratri have a thick bottomed one and looking for one have all. This atta halwa | atta halwa recipe – atta Ka Sheera recipe you need., you can add 1 tablespoon of it here and roast it along Puris! Also a good source of B vitamins, iron, calcium, proteins and fiber chopped cashews presentation...: whole wheat flour is atta halwa healthy is a sticky halwa only 4 ingredients that whole. 4 ingredients that are whole wheat flour has equal parts flour, while this is a traditional sweet! After adding sugar since then, i always search you first and then mixed sugar! Clads for a minute or two as you add it since the halwa for 5 minutes is atta halwa healthy stirring between! Popularly used … atta halwa is also a good source of B vitamins, iron, calcium, proteins fiber...
2020 is atta halwa healthy