Thanks for posting great foods! I have not used a thermos for my daughter’s lunch yet, but I have one and this has inspired me to give it a try! These are all great ideas!! Weather at home or packing my daughters lunch for school I love making her a fun and healthy lunch! What a great idea! Thanks!! I will be sending her a link to this post in hopes she gets some more healthy ideas. I know about the boiling water for 5 min. My daughter is just turning three but my sister and I just had this conversation about how her kids request hot lunches in a thermos every day. Ergo, I still pack lunches for him. Rice salad, plantain chips, fruit & veggies. I homeschool, so we do not need to send a thermos. My daughters aren’t in school yet, but I love these ideas for a picnic or for when we go camping. I’ve tried sending a thermos with my kids but they always complain that by lunch it’s never hot. We use:1/2 cup whole wheat pasta spirals He prefers water over anything else. Thanks! Have you checked out the reviews on Amazon? could u tell me what thermos would u use to keep the foor warm good few hours? School Lunch Ideas for Kindergarten Starting kindergarten is such a big milestone and it can bring up a lot of emotions for kids and parents alike. I’m hoping he gets filled up enough! I just sent a thermos for my daughter’s lunch today! 2. It’s so delicious... Mama … Mine likes tortellini with olive oil, marinara or pesto. I will be trying that this week. Join the MC Club! Thanks! When she told me what she sent in them I cringed. Healthy Lunch Box Ramen. I send left over beans and rice in my kids thermos. I will be packing a lunch for my daughter this year (and myself). I haven’t tried the thermos because it seemed too overwhelming, but these ideas seem do-able to me! It is a great idea!! Warm up wintry schooldays with one of these hot ideas. Most of the ideas below are customizable, and it’s easy to mix and match ingredients and … Buy the U Konserve insulated food jar from Naturally Sustainable ($27.95). Thanks for this blog- I love it all but especially school-lunch related as I am getting prepped for the year right now. My son loves pasta salad. I pack my son’s lunch everyday, but we haven’t tried using a thermos yet. My twins are starting pre-school in a few weeks and I wasn’t planning on packing a thermos, but I may consider it. i love the ideas here. I love these thermos ideas and would love to see more. , My kids are home schooled however I love your ideas & many of which I already utilize. First year in Pre-K and I pack a thermos – mostly for hot foods. 8. Roasted zucchini adds a pleasing pop of color to the mix, plus essential vitamins and minerals to power your little one’s active afternoon. Tomorrow I am going to try packing a baked potato. I’m in college, and I pack a lunch EVERY day. I will definitely send this once he’s school age. I send a thermos for my daughter. Looking for a bargain buy to pack your Thermos lunch ideas into? 1. I may just use some of them for MY OWN packed lunch!! If packing sausage rolls, mini pies or chicken nuggets, fold a. Next Wednesday I am going to try your pasta salad idea (there will be no need for a bulky cooler). Preferred over fresh, I don’t ask questions, as long as they get into my kindergartener’s tummy. Pack leftover cooked chicken, chicken nuggets, or tenders to be eaten chilled or warm in a thermos. We do always use reusable containers though! We don’t have a thermos yet, but my daughter keeps asking for rice with peas and carrots so I might need to get one soon. Thanks! This food jar will take all the knocks kids (and adults) can throw at it. Hello, Neat post. I love controlling what I take and eat, and looking forward to my yummy lunch while I’m in class I have taken a thermos with soup before…great for those cold days! A warm Thermos lunch is as comforting as it gets—especially … My son is just starting preschool next month and I think it is a brilliant idea to send a thermos. p.s. Thanks for the ideas. My son is in preschool and we use his thermos almost everyday for lunches. I haven’t thought of a thermos. I send one occasionally. Let us know what you pack for a delicious lunch! I have sent a thermos to school! It makes packing there lunches fun! Whenever he enjoy dinner a lot he asks for me to pack the leftovers. Kid-Friendly Red Lentil Curry with Chicken, Healthy School Lunches | redhotcookinmama, http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Funtainer-Food-Jar-Bakugan/dp/B003374I6E/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1357481210&sr=1-6&keywords=thermos. Also as the mum of three kids, all wanting their own lunch jar, this is a budget friendly find! She’s a very heathly eater and loves variety. Still, I’ve never thought of sending a thermos with my hubby to work…I will in the future! I bet keeping a thermos in there would keep it colder longer. Share your Pics to WIN a $250 Prize Pack, WIN 1 of 2 Epic Summer Fun Prize Packs Valued at $250 Each, Pink’s Daughter Willow Stuns with Incredible Singing Voice, Christmas 2020: Cute Stocking Stuffers for Kids of all Ages, Real Life Stories Wanted: Share Your Story With Mum Central. Do you and your kids love hot lunches? never thought to send cold smoothies. (sigh) Today was here first day back to school. I may have to pick one up (if I don’t win one here!). to pack in your kids’ thermos for a nutritious take-along lunch. My daughter entering 2nd grade – she prefers taking a thermos lunch – usually soup. Thank you for the opportunity to win one! Knocked up a soup with blended frozen peas for them to take in this morning. Just found your blog and love the ideas! And I love your site! 1. thanks for the giveaway, sounds wonderful. I definitely will when they start Kindergarten. Things he like are pasta and meatballs, risotto, chicken and rice, pasta salads, rice and beans, soup. (they eat school lunch when it’s something they love) I love using a thermos for cottage cheese and yogurts or fruit, loved the ideas about what other items to put in them. I have not used a thermos for my kids yet, but I want to start! I send a thermos to school usually once a week with soup or raviolis in it. Ramen Noodles are an easy lunch to pack, but plain noodles aren’t the most nutritious thing you can feed your child—that’s where this healthy homemade recipe comes in. The secret to an insulated food container maintaining heat is preheating and keeping a tight seal. I also enjoyed your recent posts on packing lunches = some really helpful ideas in there! Love this post!!!! This is just plan crazy to me since my daughter loves veggies.. I’m now thinking that i should pack her lunch daily so i know she is getting veggies. Corn on the cob. so no, never sent a thermos with a kid’s lunch before. Most kids would be rapt to find a sausage in the thermos. To help keep the hot lunches warm, I'll plan to use a thermos for some items and wrap the other items in foil. 2. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I Greek … My kids love taking a thermos to school, but I find that the ones they have (Star Wars and Wizards of Waverly Place) are low quality, because things really don’t stay warm or cold too long). Something else we do to keep yogurt cold… add frozen blueberries (or any frozen fruit)! Access Discounts & Products You Love. I haven’t sent a thermos with her yet, but I am excited to try some of your healthy and yummy suggestions! Cocktail … Thank you so much! My daughter started Kindergarten two weeks again and has been bringing her lunch to school. Look forward to more throughout the year . I pack a lunch for my son. Thanks for the great tips! Of course, it’s SUPER important that food stays hot from the point that it’s packed to when it’s eaten. South Australian mum and self proclaimed foodie, Lexi can most days be found in the kitchen, apron tied firm and armed with a whisk or wooden spoon! I’ll have to look for a smaller one for the dips & yogurt like you suggested. So I’m always on the lookout for new yummy things to try! My son loves hot lunch so I don’t pack a lunch for him. These Hot School Lunch Ideas Will Make Your Child’s Day Lunch-Box Chicken Soup. I would love to send my children to school with a thermos. During the summer I buy fresh produce in bulk and freeze great quantities. We’re sending a thermos for his drink and then various healthy items to eat. It really expands the options to use a thermos with lunches! I really liked your idea about sending sandwich fillings and he can put them on, especially the sloppy joes! Thanks for this post (crossing my fingers to win). I hadn’t though of using a Thermos yet, what great ideas! 10 Easy + Healthy School Lunch Ideas School has started (or about to start), and whether your kiddo is in preschool or 3rd grade, making lunches … ultimate section I deal with such info much. Roasted turkey, coleslaw, strawberries & coconut. I’ve never tried sending a thermos and had never thought about putting COLD stuff into one (duh!). Love this blog! However her cousin uses one and that’s enough to convince her! Great post. Ham roll-ups. I would love to try these ideas. Thank you and best of luck. 25 Thermos Funtainer Hot Lunch Ideas … Lunchtime should be a source of comfort, so having a list of easy, yummy, and nutritious meals that the kids will love to eat can go a long way towards making the lunch … Thank you. I’ve always avoided rice though – so you think it is ok health & safety wise to be kept warm for three hours until they eat it? Your email address will not be published. we use a thermos a couple times a week. I’ve not used a thermos before, except the one with a straw in it filled with water. And he doesn’t really even like sandwiches, so I have a thermos on my soon-to-be-fulfilled wish list. Stove top, microwave? Ana. Don’t Let it Happen to You: Button Battery Warning in the Lead Up to Christmas, Roxy Jacenko Buys Nine-Year-Old Daughter an $85,000 Car, Rebel Wilson Wows the Internet as she Reaches her Goal Weight. I hadn’t thought about using a thermos for his lunch, but you gave some great suggestions. healthy lunches that my daughter happens to like that you can try out on your little ones this coming school year: 1. 24 Elf on the Shelf Ideas: a Go-To Cheat Sheet! Portable, quick, easy and yummy. . His class is nut-free so I need alternatives to his usual PBJ! I have 2 year old boy/girl twins and a 4 year old son. Love the ideas for cold food! Spaghetti (tinned or your favourite home made recipe). 22 … We’re in our first year and have been packing lunch but haven’t tried a thermos yet; one of my concerns about sending him off to school was that they healthy habits we have at home would go out the window when he’s with other kids–the thermos ideas are great. I love it though. 1 14.5 ounce can of chopped tomatoes, or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes. You are only limited to your imagination. Curries are perfect … Love these ideas. My son refuses to eat peanut butter anymore so your post about using a thermos is really helpful. I don’t have kids (I love your blog for ideas for myself!) 21. School Food Food Preschool Lunch Lunch Snacks Hot Lunch Meals Clean Eating Snacks Cold Lunches Recipes. School Lunch Ideas. Simple Ways to Encourage Healthy Eating During the Pandemic. finding healthy options that my kids like is tough! kids konserv is the solution to my thermos dilemma! But, since we homeschool, We could use one and all of these fabulous ideas when we go on field trips or do CO-OP. I look at there lunch menu for the whole month and each day in () it reads veggies for 7-12grade WHAT!!!!!! She also likes to take soup. Nice post, I have recently found your blog and am truly loving it, I am happy to see there are moms out there that are interested in nutrition for their kids and families as much as I do! Some of you have kids that actually bring home their lunch bags and containers. I’m so excited to try your suggestions, school starts in two weeks here . I use the thermos a great deal for sending leftovers from the night before. … It sure would be nice to find stacking cups to put inside so that we could still follow your great three part plate idea. So, here’s a list of 50 {yes, that’s FIFTY!} Would love to have the Kids Konserve for myself…is that selfish??? Here are some foods we enjoy for lunch, that would be great to take in a thermos: Pasta Salad: This is my favorite lunch time meal! I send a thermos with water in it everyday for my son’s lunch! There is a problem together with your web site in internet explorer, may test this? No left overs, no worries! I do use a thermos to pack school lunches. folks will omit your magnificent writing due to i’ve been eyeing a hello kitty funtainer by thermos, but couldn’t think of what to pack inside. My daughter starts 1st grade tomorrow, so it will be her first time eating lunch at school. And if she doesn’t like it, I’ve no doubt her little brother will be begging to use it. 1. My oldest daughter is starting kindergarten this year and these are great ideas to come in handy for thermos options for her school lunch, thank you! Leave a review! My son has taken a thermos since he started school. Thanks! My oldest has to bring a lunch; no hot food is served. I just started sending lunches to school for my 5 and 9 year old. We also fill a thermos with chili or soup – yum! I make up lunch meals for my boys as if they were in a regular brick & mortar school only on a plate instead . My son loves the days that he opens his lunch box to find his Lightning McQueen Cars thermos inside! It can be either a sandwich with a fruit or veggie with pretzels or a yogurt. The trick is to keep the bread or the buns dry and prevent them from getting soggy. I have gone to his school during lunch and was pleased to see he eats pizza on whole wheat crust and salad bar most days. I am loving some of the great ideas on here. I pack a lunch for my two boys (3rd & 4th grade) 3 or 4 times a week. I send a thermos with water or juice everyday in my son’s lunch, and this week, a small thermos container with fruit & cheese kebobs… he is loving them! It's a great way to sneak in a serving or two of … Love the idea of a thermos. 2-3 cups Red Kidney beans (that you cooked earlier today, remember?). We just haven’t purchased one yet! My son is starting kindergarten so it’s my first year of packing lunches. AND my kids do eat lunch. These are such great ideas! Full of bright, colorful and healthy foods, these lunches are packed with taste as well as nutrients to keep your kids healthy and full all day long! Turkey and cheese pinwheels. Now he’s in 5th grade and I always tell him that if he’s embarrased about bringing leftovers, he can take a sandwich instead. © 2020 Super Healthy Kids, Inc., all rights reserved. Love the ideas and the website – it’s been a life saver for menu planning!! I always loved taking something hot for lunch when I was in school–like soup or rice! I never thought about using it for smoothies…which she loves. A durable build, the 470ml capacity Thermos food flask from Big W ($39) includes a handy fold up spoon and a lid which doubles as a bowl. Probably the most popular at our house! 10. https://www.todaysparent.com/recipes/11-portable-hot-lunches He’s even taken, hot dogs (make sure you pack them in the thermos with hot water). He is a vegetarian and the school offers nothing beyond peanut butter and jelly on white bread. I’ve never tried one before, what is the best way to heat up hot food your are going to put in? i do send a thermos- usually it’s warmed up stuff. Thanks for the cold ideas too – I’m going to make it my goal to utilize it most days of the week! There’s a whole lot of insulated food containers to choose from, but look for designs your kids can easily open. I am going to try and see how it handles keeping frozen vegetables frozen. before you put the food in it to keep it warm until lunch, but when you put cold foods in it, are there any similar tricks? Helpful Tips for Packing Lunches in a Lunchbox. Two brands I use at home and give a big thumbs up to are Thermos and U Konserve brand. I pack lunch for my son every day and he loves to bring things in his thermos. I Love your blog!!!! A friend gave me this recipe, and I tweaked a few things to make it healthier. I don’t usually do a thermos, but that’s a great idea! But he always picks the thermos. My kids would like this but I have a few questions since I’ve never used a thermos before. I used to be looking Thermos, Ahoy! I just got back from the store with two thermos’s for my kids. Last week she took ravioli with meat sauce. Somehow making school lunches always feels more daunting than serving them at home. am impressed! I haven’t sent a thermos to school with my kids before but I want to start this year. And he LOVES when I pack his thermos because he doesn’t see what it is until lunchtime (they have snack around 10 that I always put in a clear plastic container). Mum Central is Australia's Premier Lifestyle Hub for Women, Parenting and Lifestyle, Beauty and Fashion, Food, Travel and Great Giveaways. I will be trying it soon and hope that its a success! And he equally enjoys it, says it’s way better than school lunch! I do a lot of leftovers hot in his lunch. My kids aren’t school age yet but I have been loving these lunch ideas. I use a thermos for my daughter but mainly use it for soup. Healthy & Affordable School Lunch Ideas. I actually home school but I send my husband with a thermos and he loves it. Packing a hot lunch for school or work is a real treat during winter – it sure beats a sandwich, just ask the kids. The sandwich also feeds your gut healthy probiotics (kimchi, yogurt, and miso) plus pre- biotics (whole-grain bread) to keep the good bacteria well fed… Healthy School Lunch Ideas … This vegetable fried rice with spinach makes a healthy, meat-free thermos lunch idea for busy kids. Plus 8 recipes are included! My big girl just started kindergarten two days ago and I’m enjoying reading your blog and finding new lunch ideas. I’m planning to buy a thermos for soups and hot foods but also liked your ideas for using it for cold foods. My son has used his at least 2x a week for 4 years. Do you put it in the fridge the night before if it’s for cold stuff. I have gotten lots of great ideas. Home > 10 Thermos Ideas For A Healthy Lunch. HI What kind do you recommend? Chili with corn bread would be their favorite to take I am sure! Thanks for the link and the inventive uses for the thermos. cherry … Chicken nuggets 5. Here are some foods we enjoy for lunch, that would be great to take in a thermos: This thermos is perfect for kids, with a handle that makes the lid super easy for them to get on and off! Their favorite dish to pack in their thermos is the first pasta dish you mentioned…we’ve been making something similar for years!! When it comes to creating a hot packed lunch for the kids or ourselves, leftovers are fab. Healthy School Lunch Ideas plantains grapes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. for this certain information for a very long time. My oldest is going to 1/2 day K this year, and I have debated buying him a thermos to keep snacks warm/cold(they bring their own snacks from home daily). Thank you for your blog!! My son is in full day kindergarten this year and loves when I pack his thermos. What’s funny, is that I bought one for this year! I heated up some pasta/sauce/meatballs, along with a side of organic , no-sugar-added applesauce,whole wheat crackers, and an Honest Kids juice box. Healthy School Lunch Ideas turkey slaw. Sometimes, all you need is a little inspiration when it comes to lunch prep. Pack a bread roll and a some salad stuffs and you have a complete meal – right there in a lunch bag. My son is just starting preschool and I love all of the ideas mentioned in this article. I always pack my son’s lunch. Soup – pack a bread roll to dip in too! These healthy thermos lunch ideas are great for adults as well as kids. This one looks fun for kids: In the winter it’s a treat to get some chilled strawberries or peaches in homemade syrup. Maybe I need to invest in a better thermos….. , My son is in kindergarten and has only been taking a lunch for a week and a half now. I will surely use it when my little one heads off to school! We send our daughter to school with a thermos and this gives us tons more ideas to send with her!!! Thanks for the ideas! Food Allergies? Some days it is hot (spaghetti) other days cool (fruit salad), but I’m always glad to send it! At home, I am fine with them not eating it, but at school, I really want to pack healthy things that they’ll eat to get them through the day.
2020 healthy thermos lunch ideas