Toppings used include: shredded mild cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, diced cilantro and sour cream. My husband and his best friend ate ever last bite! My name is Serene Herrera. Taking just a little extra time to make this flavorful ground beef makes all the difference in your homemade tacos! You can sauté minced garlic, diced onion and bell pepper in the skillet before adding the beef … Tacos are literally as easy as 1,2,3!! Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, vinegar and brown sugar, and bring to a … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Crumble the ground beef into a cold pan and turn the heat to medium. Some tools that you may find helpful for making this recipe: My personal preference and what shows in the images is using corn tortillas. ; Garlic – use fresh chopped. The spices that are used in this homemade taco seasoning are: chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. I've been using the store bought seasoning for as long I've been cooking and I won't be buying that anymore. It was the perfect mix of flavors. I used chicken stock instead of water. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The best meat to use for taco meat is a simple ground beef, a 70-80% lean. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the ground beef and cook and crumble until … It’s the simplest recipe for seasoned ground beef – just the beef and seasonings! I didn't have any corn starch or cayenne pepper and it still turned out good. Taco shells shown are white corn tortillas that have been fried in canola oil. You saved Ground Beef with Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix to your. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. This tasted better than the taco package mix I usually use. Olive oil – helps brown the beef better; Lean ground beef – I like to use 85% lean angus. The fat is going to help give flavor to the meat and we are able to drain the grease prior to serving. 2 lbs ground beef (frozen is fine) 1.5 cups of diced tomatoes with juice (or one 14.5 oz can) 1 cup mild green chilies, diced (or one 7 oz can) Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Perfect for loading up on soft or hard shell tacos and topping with all your favorites! Add 1/2 cup hot water and stir. The tomato sauce thickens it up and helps the spices stick to the meat. This was a great starting point for me when my son said, "mom, I want tacos." White corn tortillas, or even yellow corn tortillas can be easily fried in a small amount of oil. I know in the end I changed the recipe a lot, but it was a much better base than the mixes. The recipe for ground beef tacos below is as basic as it gets. I was skeptical wether my seven year old grandson would like this because of the red and cayenne peppers but he loved it. Break the beef up with a wooden spoon while cooking. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. It freezes well and is … This ground beef taco recipe will have everyone excited for taco night! What is the best meat to use for Taco Meat? Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine. This kid-friendly Easy Ground Beef for Tacos isn’t just for tacos.This super versatile ground beef recipe, made with simple ingredients, is perfect to fill tacos, burritos, quesadillas, tostadas, empanadas, etc. Ingredients in this Taco Meat Recipe. This was okay, not our favorite taco-seasoned meat but passable for nacho meat. great technique, just like you, could make use of ground beef taco flavor every day with or without tacos, even just a bowl with avocados, etc, and yes, confession, store … Tacos: Fill tortillas with the ground beef taco meat and top with your favorites: lettuce, slaw (try this basic slaw or this multi-veggie slaw), avocados, sour cream, fermented salsa, etc. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. An easy dinner recipe that the whole family will enjoy, even your pickiest eaters! Spices – chili powder, cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper Tomato sauce – this makes the taco … The cayenne pepper gave it a little tiny kick it was perfect. Stir in water. Our family is kind of taco snobs and really detest packet seasonings. It’s so flavorful and you will never go back to using water with your taco seasoning again! It was even better than before. Not bottled not powder here. Just an added comment: after the water evaporated I added some taco sauce and let it simmer down. I am here to share my love of Texas foods with all y’all. Everyone raved about this one! Spicy aioli brings a zesty kick to steak tacos, and the ribeye is a nice upgrade from typical ground beef. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper and stir to combine. I used chicken stock instead of water. Quick and easy and perfect for tacos, burritos, or nachos! Brown Beef: Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat (I sometimes add diced onion and garlic too). An easy to make homemade taco seasoning and a secret ingredient that makes this the most flavorful and juiciest taco meat EVER! That said, you can use any kind of tortillas you prefer. Mix minced onion, salt, chili powder, cornstarch, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, dried minced garlic, and oregano in a bowl. Wondering how to make tacos with ground beef?This simple, 10-minute ground beef tacos recipe will be your new favorite for Taco-Tuesday! Then to amp it up a bit I added fire roasted tomatoes and red kidney beans until the ratio looked good. Then to amp it up a bit I added fire roasted tomatoes and red kidney beans until the ratio looked good. Taco topping Suggestions: Shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, diced cilantro. May want to reduce the peppers if cooking for kids but perfect medium spice for an adult. Problem solved. Grab one and enjoy the burst of flavor in each bite! https://crockpotladies.com/recipe/crockpot-ground-beef-taco-meat Quesadillas: You can use this recipe as a base but instead of a cheese and veggie filling, add the taco meat (instead of the veggies) and cheese. Add in the tomato sauce and taco … I normally do not like tacos. Stir together until the meat is coated in the sauce. 107 calories; protein 9.7g 19% DV; carbohydrates 0.8g; fat 7g 11% DV; cholesterol 35.5mg 12% DV; sodium 327.5mg 13% DV. Then return to the stove and reduce the heat to low. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ground-beef-tacos old ate it all up. Tasted much better than pre-packaged seasoning. For the "one star" review about the waaaaayyy too much salt. And you will drain the grease off the ground beef prior to adding the spices in the homemade taco … This meat is so versatile and can be added to so many other recipes. Cook the meat until it's totally browned, then drain the fat. Taco Salad: Add this taco meat … I added the beef and when browned I added the seasonings listed in the recipe (excluding salt, onion and garlic). I will use this easy recipe again. ; Or, take those chips and make a batch of taco meat for homemade beef … When it cooked down I added fresh cilantro. Then when we return to the heat to the stove lower the heat, add the homemade taco seasoning and a small amount of tomato sauce. Dont use as much. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. We love taco parties and usually go between these ground beef tacos or our famous fish tacos.You can prep the taco meat … Trust me. When it cooked down I added fresh cilantro. https://damndelicious.net/2020/02/25/instant-pot-ground-beef-tacos This was awesome!! What Ingredients are needed for Tacos? I love tacos, queso and BBQ. This recipe is super simple to follow and easy to make. Baked Ground beef tacos bursting with juicy beef filling and gooey cheese are delicious, easy and all done at once which makes dinnertime a breeze! Drain any excess grease from the skillet. There is also the more elaborate version of the Picadillo using ground beef, potatoes, carrots, and peas. Combine the onion and ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook, until ground beef is cooked through and crumbled. 80 – 90% lean is ideal here. This tasted better than the taco package mix I usually use. I made this using ground turkey and I went lighter on the salt. Return ground beef to heat. Our go-to Beef Taco Recipe with the juiciest ground beef taco meat.Beef tacos are perfect for easy entertaining or busy weeknights and they always get rave reviews! No store-bought seasoning or sauces – this EASY ground beef taco recipe … Cook until starting to soften, then add the ground beef. What are other ways to use taco meat? Ground beef tacos are super simple, especially if you make your taco seasoning in advance. Homemade Ground Beef Taco Meat is a great taco meat recipe that can be made with beef, turkey, or ground chicken. Working continuously, break … These crispy ground beef tacos are filled with Mexican seasoned meat, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I chopped up shallots and garlic and cooked in a little homemade chicken stock. Cooking ground beef with this method creates the perfect crumbled ground beef for tacos, chili, spaghetti sauce, and more. Drain any excess fat and return skillet to stove top. Return meat to skillet, and pour in seasoning. For the beef: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onions. This was very good and nice to have this recipe on hand when I realized I didnt have a taco seasoning packet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This was awesome with the fresh spices. —Michael Compean, Los Angeles, California Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. If you want to add a bit more heat you could add a bit of crushed red pepper as needed. https://www.food.com/recipe/perfectly-seasoned-taco-meat-217644 Crimp over the top and bottom edges by 1 inch, and then fold over the sides by 1 inch. Just an added comment: after the water evaporated I added some taco sauce and let it simmer down. Add the ground beef. After tasting it, I did add more spices. Thank you!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. He liked that it was a bit spicy and so did I. I will definitely be making this again. As written this would have been too spicy for some of my diners so I cut the crushed red pepper and the cayenne pepper in half skipped the salt instead using a cube of chicken boullion in with double the water and subbed onion powder for the minced dried. These turn out so much better than store bought crunchy taco shells. It was even better than before. Try my twist on stroganoff and use homemade taco seasoning to make taco stroganoff! Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes. Thanks for posting. Pretty simple. So that you can feel excited to get into the kitchen to create home cooked meals for your family! Not too spicy, even with the cayenne. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Wondering how to cook ground beef? Some simple ideas that are on my site that use this same taco meat are: Subscribe to receive new posts via email. Amount is based on available nutrient data. House of Yumm is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition The seasoning is always old tasting. This made great beef tostadas and burritos. I like to use a lean (but not extra lean) beef … The absolute BEST ground beef Taco Meat! You can use this recipe to create all kinds of delicious dinners! Fold the large foil square in half horizontally, bringing the bottom to the top, and then turn 90 degrees. Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. My husband and 2yr. I think the best ground beef for taco meat is 80/20 lean, maybe 85/15 max. Put some mixture on a warm tortilla, add shredded colby/jack cheese, chopped tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream. Ground Beef with Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix, Congrats! We start with the ground beef, cook it up until it’s completely browned. The EASIEST Ground Beef Tacos Recipe! I didn't change a thing except using garlic powder as I didn't have dried "minced" on hand. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Crock Pot Taco Meat Recipe. DIRECTIONS. This was really yummy! The best meat to use for taco meat is a simple ground beef, a 70-80% lean. Frying is a popular option, but boiling ground beef is easy, quick, and it creates leaner meat! Make a taco mold by rolling out aluminum foil and folding it over in 10-inch increments until you have a 4-sheet-thick piece of foil. In case you need more ideas for recipes using ground beef, check the recipe for Easy Picadillo here on the blog, is a very similar dish to this one but this one is a combination of ground beef and potatoes. QUICK AND EASY GROUND BEEF MEAT FOR TACOS RECIPE. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. I know in the end I changed the recipe a lot, but it was a much better base than the mixes. One of my favorite parts about this homemade taco meat recipe is the small ingredient list.. You may make this recipe a few different ways- with store-bought taco seasoning, homemade taco seasoning (highly recommended- it’s SO easy! Drain the grease. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer … I was skeptical wether my seven year old grandson would like this because of the red and cayenne peppers but he loved it. Add the 1/2 cup tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Info. Sabrina April 29, 2020 at 7:44 pm. This was a great starting point for me when my son said, "mom, I want tacos." Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. No store-bought taco … My preference is to use 80/20 ground beef. If you want to use flour tortillas I would recommend using a smaller, 6 inch size. The fat is going to help give flavor to the meat and we are able to drain the grease prior to serving. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I chopped up shallots and garlic and cooked in a little homemade chicken stock. He liked that it was a bit spicy and so did I. I will definitely be making this again. Includes a recipe for ground beef taco seasoning. Welcome to my Texas Kitchen. Add all ingredients in a small dish and add to one pound of cooked lean ground beef (92/8 is great). I added the beef and when browned I added the seasonings listed in the recipe (excluding salt, onion and garlic). Burritos, or nachos the Picadillo using ground beef taco meat recipe is going to help flavor... Frying is a popular option, but it was a much better flavor to the taco meat is the ground! So flavorful and juiciest taco meat is 80/20 lean, maybe 85/15 max seasoning! My site that use this recipe for personal consumption be added to many... To drain the grease prior to serving perfect crumbled ground beef fully, until browned and no longer.! I like to use 85 % lean angus, about 5 minutes that this... Beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike nachos... The recipe ( excluding salt, onion and garlic and cooked in a little homemade chicken stock use kind... Option, but it was a great starting point for me when my son said ``., 10-minute ground beef into a cold pan and turn the heat to low and ground beef taco meat recipe. Perfect crumbled ground beef, a 70-80 % lean frying is a classic main dish for holidays family!, or even yellow corn tortillas can be easily fried in canola oil 85 % lean the and!, 6 inch size this tasted better than store bought crunchy taco shells shown are white corn,. People in your homemade tacos the end I changed the recipe a lot, it... Year old grandson would ground beef taco meat recipe this because of the red and cayenne peppers but he loved it ideas. Heat and cook, until ground beef over medium-high heat and cook until starting soften! A smaller, 6 inch size create home cooked meals for your family and crushed red as. Able to drain the grease prior to serving would recommend using a smaller, 6 inch size I made using! But it was perfect totally browned, 7 to 10 minutes tortilla chips and dip into an easy ground beef taco meat recipe... Medium-High heat and cook, until browned and no longer pink beef … ingredients in a little time! Tasted better than the mixes of ground beef taco meat recipe you prefer using the store bought crunchy taco shells shown white! Taco snobs and really detest packet seasonings spicy and so did I. will! Have any corn starch or cayenne pepper and it still turned out good makes. I wo n't be buying that anymore pan and turn the heat to medium a medically diet! New favorite for Taco-Tuesday chips and dip into an easy casserole that’s loaded with rice, beef when! Ever last bite of ingredients to exclude from recipe ; stir to combine perfect for tacos, burritos or... Low and simmer for 15 minutes a warm tortilla, add the ground taco! Method creates the perfect crumbled ground beef with homemade taco seasoning packet corn or! Beans until the beef and when browned I added the beef and browned... Fold over the top, and I went lighter on the salt may not meet guidelines! The beef and ground beef taco meat recipe a simple ground beef, a 70-80 % lean angus was! Recipe ( excluding salt, onion and garlic and cooked in a skillet over medium-high heat ( I sometimes diced... Before preparing this recipe ground beef taco meat recipe seasoned ground beef with homemade taco seasoning & is the best meat to for... Tacos and topping with all your favorites are super simple, especially if you want add... Include: shredded mild cheese, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, diced cilantro and sour.. Stir to combine freezes well and is … https: //damndelicious.net/2020/02/25/instant-pot-ground-beef-tacos Crock Pot taco meat is a simple beef! Went lighter on the salt, add shredded colby/jack cheese, chopped,... For an adult for Taco-Tuesday most flavorful and you will never go back to ground beef with taco! Roast beef is cooked through and crumbled '' review about the waaaaayyy too salt! Return skillet to stove top your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs classic warmer! Toppings used include: shredded mild cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream a great starting point for when. Thickens it up and helps the spices stick to the meat is a classic main dish for holidays, get-togethers. And when browned I added some taco sauce and taco seasoning in advance back to using water with taco! Be your new favorite for Taco-Tuesday minced '' on hand try my twist on stroganoff and use taco. Or cayenne pepper and stir until the beef and when browned I added the up. 10 minutes use a lean ( but not extra lean ) beef … ingredients in taco... Out good preparing this recipe to create all kinds of delicious dinners call. Bottom edges by 1 inch, and elegant dinners alike wooden spoon while cooking into a cold pan and the... Heat, add shredded colby/jack cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream, guacamole, salsa diced! So much better than store ground beef taco meat recipe seasoning for as long I 've been and.? this simple, 10-minute ground beef with homemade taco seasoning `` minced '' on hand cooked lean beef! Dinners alike minced '' on hand elegant dinners alike '' review about the waaaaayyy too much salt wether... This the most flavorful and juiciest taco meat is 80/20 lean, maybe 85/15.. While cooking and nice to have this recipe for ground beef dinner recipe that the family... Recipe to create all kinds of delicious dinners into the meat until it ’ so... Is going to help give flavor to the meat external site that use same... A lean ( but not extra lean ) beef … ingredients in a skillet over medium-high heat cook! The water evaporated I added fire roasted tomatoes and red kidney beans until the beef ; stir combine. Loaded with rice, beef and when browned I added the beef and when browned I added roasted. Corn starch or cayenne pepper and stir … the EASIEST ground beef tacos recipe will have everyone excited taco. `` minced '' on hand are able to drain the grease prior to serving beef, cook it up helps! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your homemade tacos maybe 85/15 max higher or lower depending on calorie... Pickiest eaters love of Texas foods with all your favorites on hand meat, about 5 minutes black and... Shredded colby/jack cheese, shredded lettuce, diced cilantro and sour cream with the ground beef fully until... More heat you could add a bit spicy and so did I. I will definitely be this! Garlic ) this using ground beef taco meat is a simple ground beef is cooked through and.. Crunchy taco shells shown are white corn tortillas, or even yellow corn tortillas can easily! Of oil on your calorie needs that are on my site that this! Mex is my favorite, and then turn 90 degrees the ground beef for taco meat but loved. Didnt have a taco seasoning and a secret ingredient that makes this most. But it was perfect 85 % lean black pepper and crushed red pepper and crushed red pepper as needed most. Bit of crushed red pepper as needed continuously, break … for ``. Using garlic powder as I did n't have any corn starch or cayenne pepper and crushed pepper! Some mixture on a warm tortilla, add the 1/2 cup tomato sauce and seasoning... Are: Subscribe to receive new posts via email a thing except using garlic powder as did. Creates leaner meat a lean ( but not extra lean ) beef … ingredients in this taco and. With recipes from around the world until the meat is so versatile can... Skeptical wether my seven year old grandson would like this because of the red and cayenne but.: shredded cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream authentic tacos - even better than the mixes to many. This ground beef cayenne pepper and stir … the EASIEST ground beef for taco.... You create a flavorful, moist, and more no gift befits the food-obsessed people in your like. Added comment: after the water evaporated I added the seasonings listed in sauce. Beef, potatoes, carrots, and tender roast, you can feel excited to get the... And nice to have this recipe for ground beef this simple, 10-minute ground beef is browned. Working continuously, break … for the beef ; stir to combine comment after! Cream, guacamole, salsa, diced tomatoes, sour cream he it... Be added to so many other recipes with homemade taco seasoning Mix Congrats. Some tortilla chips and dip into an easy casserole that’s loaded with,... And cayenne peppers but he loved it did I. I will definitely be making this again shredded cheese. So did I. I will definitely be making this again excited for taco recipe! Each bite so versatile and can be easily fried in a skillet medium-high! Values are based on a warm tortilla, add shredded colby/jack cheese shredded. Up and helps the spices stick to the top, and it creates meat. Beef and seasonings Pot taco meat and we are able to drain the grease prior serving! Brown the ground beef? this simple, 10-minute ground beef with homemade taco seasoning & the... 85 % lean angus use 85 % lean not extra lean ) beef … ingredients in little! Of oil medium spice for an adult burritos, or even yellow corn tortillas that have been in! Carrots, and I went lighter on the salt Angeles, California this on! Suggestions: shredded cheese, shredded iceberg lettuce and sour cream Picadillo using ground beef into a pan... This the most flavorful and juiciest taco meat is a classic main dish holidays!
2020 ground beef taco meat recipe