this latest draft of the essay is OK but could be better. The definitions of these slang words appear below the list. The origins of the word are disputed. on Jun 17 2003. "Thing" and "wing" are typically pronounced "thang" and "wang" respectively. “Come sit down,” she chirped, as she scooted over, leaving me a seat. English Greetings! Submitted by Bev R. Sure. What if there was a way to say “have a great day” without actually saying it? Submitted by Jennifer Moore from New York, NY, USA Submitted by Jonny S. from Lorain, OH, USA on Oct 26 1998. Last edited on Jan 03 2014. The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents. Rarely, abbreviated, superior, as good as it gets. on Oct 17 2002. to be okay; not a big concern. Reword any phrase, rephrase any sentences, rewrite any expression. It’s short, simple, and you can say it to absolutely anyone. Ace. Examples of Portmanteau Slang. on Nov 24 2015. Usually a person of good company. (This is most effective on really academically or scientifically smart people.Hey you, shouldn't I thank you for burbling those past memories back into my head? Submitted by Kevin K. from State College, PA, USA on Apr 12 1999. Last edited on Jun 15 2003. Last edited on Oct 24 2005. Submitted by Anonymous Submitted by Tony Wentz from OH, USA The faster we move, the more abbreviations and acronyms we use, and when it comes to talking about the folks who reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue—otherwise known as the White House—there are plenty of acronyms to choose from. Contents show 1 Funny ways to say hello or Hi 2 Flirty ways to Greet Your Friends 3 Best Slang ways to say hello or Hi Every day we meet with many people. in functioning order or at a level of acceptability; "fine". from the Yiddish word meaning "sanctioned by Jewish law. Last edited on Oct 20 2013. In the mid-1500s, sure started to take on senses of "certainly" and "indubitably," which helped introduce popular phrases such as "to be sure" and "for sure" to English speakers. Google has been lying about the penalty against this site for years. This is not as common of a greeting as it used to be, but it is used when you know you’re going to see the person (until tomorrow/ until Saturday, etc). Find more ways to say okay, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. List of different ways to say HELLO with examples and ESL pictures. on Aug 29 2002. The list below shows different ways to ask "How Are You" in English that you can use in your daily English conversations. Bands – Since most people with large rolls of cash need rubber bands to hold them together, this … Last edited on Aug 30 2008. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Synonyms for okay include adequate, acceptable, average, common, fine, moderate, pleasant, standard, tolerable and unexceptional. Last edited on Nov 19 2012. Sure is related to the Old French word of the same spelling which meant "safe" or "secure." Until…. Last edited on Jul 24 2010. 63. on Nov 11 2009. on Dec 13 2002. We greet differently with everyone, it depends on the relationship which we share with them. The common Americanism "sure thing" arose in the 1800s. Occasionally used with the suffix "all that and a bag of chips. Submitted by Jon L. from Columbus, OH, USA Last edited on Dec 13 2002. Formal goodbyes. Submitted by Anonymous on Mar 04 2002. Usage: “Tim and I are so tight. ‘Ace’ – a British slang term that means something that is brilliant or excellent. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Submitted by Nicole from AR, USA Last edited on Jul 08 2011. Feb 26, 2020 - 30 Different Ways to Say OK in English, Other Ways to Say OK in English, +30 Ways to Say OK in English; 1.Green light 2.Agree to 3.Go 4.Yep 5.Certify 6.Moderate 7.Respectable 8.Pleasing 9.Of course 10.Passable 11.Confirm 12.Okeydokey 13.Notarize 14.Authorize 15.Endorse 16.Surely 17.Satisfactory 18.Acceptable 19.Tolerable 20.Correct 21.Good 22.Not bad 23.Up to … on Sep 11 2003. in functioning order or at a level of acceptability; "fine". an attractive close friend of the opposite sex used to gain the attention of prospective suitors when in public. on Aug 18 1998. disagreeable, unsatisfactory. No, I can’t do that, but here’s what I can do. Submitted by Hal Waldron from Chicago, IL, USA Another word for slang. 10 ways to say YES in Spanish Most of the time I find a lot of students with a lot of vocabulary that on the other hand they just can say yes, as si, they do not have any other way to say it, so I think this article is a basic one, and as an extra an easy one, :) Google has been lying about the penalty against this site for years. to be okay; not a big concern. on Oct 24 2005. When you find yourself in formal situations, it is important to speak or write using formal language. Google has been penalizing this site in its search rankings for years. Bye. on Dec 22 1997. Submitted by Aric G. from Boston, MA, USA This article does the same for different ways to say "goodbye". This … on Dec 15 1999. 15 Cool Slang Goodbyes 15 ways to say "Goodbye" in English English speakers like a lot of variety in their everyday language. Let’s see all the different variations. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Last edited on Nov 03 2011. Internet, texting, SMS, email, chat acronyms (list of), Youth expelled from Montreal college after finding 'sloppy coding' that compromised security of 250,000 students personal data. permissible to eat under Jewish dietary law. We hug each other or shake hands […] Last edited on May 07 2013. Last edited on Oct 20 2013. Last edited on Oct 28 2011. Submitted by Patrick B. from River Ridge, LA, USA Last edited on May 12 2013. The word was used to mean "safe" until the early 1500s. (submitted by Tatum P.) chorused (verb) simultaneous utterance in … Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA Last edited on May 07 2018. on Oct 01 2001. Submitted by John S. from Missouri, USA on Aug 11 2009. Last edited on Aug 29 2002. superior, as good as it gets. We have lots of different expressions for saying simple things. Submitted by Robert G. from Brooklyn, NY, USA Ash7 on December 20, 2017: adjective. It’s … Deal? Last edited on Jul 08 2011. on Jun 21 1999. Last edited on Dec 27 2004. Last edited on Oct 01 2001. Last edited on Apr 16 2013. Last edited on May 11 2013. Occasionally used with the suffix ". on Jun 05 1997. Last edited on Apr 19 2013. Submitted by Dylan H. from Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK The slang words in this thesaurus category appear below the table of contents. Take some notes, this is going to improve your French vocabulary! To narrow these results, click one of the following categories: a very good, trusted friend, often from childhood; ". Goodbye. Typically, you should avoid short forms, abbreviations, and slang. OK (spelling variations include okay, O.K., and ok) is an English word (originally American English) denoting approval, acceptance, agreement, assent, acknowledgment, or a sign of indifference. Lucky for us, the thesaurus teaches us that the English language is teeming with words beyond good, great and OK. “I’m grateful” I was leaving a job interview feeling frustrated. How Are You! Submitted by Deb Smith from Charlotte, NC, USA on Sep 19 2003. Gotcha man. To expand these results, click one of the above categories. a derogatory and sarcastic term for someone who failed in a task. Hey Einstein, still cracking the old theory? Last edited on Apr 06 2016. OK; K; Okay; Okie dokie; Alright; Alrighty; Sounds good; For sure; Sure thing; Formal. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA aight – ain't no thing but a chicken wing – all good – alrighty – A-Ok – chill – chim – fat – good – kosher … Some slang terms are created by combining two words into one that has a new meaning. I’ll let you know if something changes. on Jul 21 1998. Many different spellings, including “wodi”. on Aug 18 2002. Submitted by Ryan L. from Washington, DC, USA Submitted by Kevin K. from State College, PA, USA Last edited on Mar 20 2011. Clever Ways to Say What's Up. on Aug 30 2008. Last edited on Nov 24 2015. Can also mean … "Some speakers use bags of other things, e.g. The definitions of these slang words appear below the list. There are no categories underneath this one. on Dec 02 2010. Last edited on Jun 17 2010. Submitted by Dylan H. from Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK Learn the useful list of creative ways to say YES in English. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Submitted by Pazuzu from Minneapolis, MN, USA Submitted by Anonymous Another word for okay. Usage: Let’s go get some pizza whody. Submitted by Demetrius Scruggs from FL, USA Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Previous articles have covered lots of ways to say "Hello" and "Thank you." on Dec 15 2009. Tight: To be close friends. It has been described as the most frequently spoken or written word on the planet. It’s one of the most universal and respectful ways to say goodbye to another person. 64. Deal? My conversation with the Google employee who told me about the penalty starts dropping The word “yes” can be interpreted in so many different ways, depending on your context, tone, and word choice. without need or desire for something or to do something in particular; "fine". on Nov 29 2001. to let someone smoke a small amount of one's cigarette. Submitted by Deb Smith from Charlotte, NC, USA on Feb 23 2009. The word “yes” is a term that can be used. In this article, we will be looking at 35 different ways to say “have a great day.” These phrases can be used with a friend or relative, a spouse or significant other, a co-worker or client, and even with strangers. August 17. Submitted by Matt S. from Messiah College, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055, USA Here are the 10 different words and phrases to say OK in French OK; D’accord; D’acc; Dac-o-dac; Pas de problème; Pas de soucis; Ça marche; Ça roule; Pas grave; Bien / Bon; C’est bon; And now, you need to practice them to remember them! Learn these Hello synonyms to enhance your vocabulary and improve your communication skill in … Last edited on Nov 04 2011. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA It could also mean ‘yes, I can do it’, and is seen as a way of saying ‘This is easy, I can do it, and it doesn’t pose any problems’.Another way this could be said is, in response to. Last edited on Aug 05 2010. Submitted by Henry Bradley from Vallejo, CA, USA chirped (verb) to say something in a lively and cheerful way. Last edited on Jan 26 2013. Submitted by Anonymous a person who takes the aggressive role in sexual relations, the sexual aggressor, the. on Jun 10 1997. Last edited on Oct 26 2013. 2 of a level of quality that meets one's needs or standards. This is a goodbye we well as a way to say good luck. Another way this could be said is, in response to expression of regret, or gratitude when no … It’s an informal expression, so you can basically use it with anyone you are on a “tu” basis with.. You could also use the less common “Ça roule” (literally: “It/That rolls”) instead. When someone asks you “Do you have …?”, “Can you … “, “Will you …?”, how do you respond to these questions? Submitted by Anonymous Submitted by Marisa B. from Chapel Hill, NC, USA 65. on Jul 22 1998. on Jan 05 2011. Good. The casual yes “Ça marche” is a casual way to say “It’s/That’s ok for me” in French.It literally translates to “That works”. I’m honored that you would ask me, but my answer is no. Google has been penalizing this site in its search rankings for years. Submitted by Jeff S. on Jun 17 2010. on May 07 2018. Submitted by Anonymous A new word created by combining portions of two existing words is called a portmanteau, and they are very popular as a way to give a new name to a celebrity couple.For example, the actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were known as "Brangelina" when they were married. Submitted by Kevin H. from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Submitted by Frost. my teacher says that we should say hi in different ways because hi is natural. on Aug 18 2002. Last edited on May 13 2013. That is all. Submitted by Dana from MD, USA The standard way to say “good morning” in … Last edited on Nov 26 2010. “Way to go Wayne!” cheered Lily as she watched her boyfriend cross the finish line first. Last edited on Nov 21 2012. on Aug 11 2011. on Nov 26 1999. Submitted by Muriel L. from Los Angeles, CA, USA The definitions of these slang words appear below the list. This is the standard goodbye. Submitted by Jeffrey E. from Los Angeles, CA, USA Last edited on Dec 02 2010. Synonyms for OK. acceptable, adequate, all right, decent, For example, “I’m across … Last edited on Jul 22 1998. on Jun 17 2003. on Jun 15 2003. to reduce the practice of a harmful activity. Last edited on May 02 2011. Last edited on Jan 01 2019. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Say it like the Irish do – “Top of the mornin’ to ya!” “The morning” in Spanish is “la mañana”, but if you want to wish someone a good morning, you must say “Buenos días”, which literally means ‘good days’ (note the plural)! To expand these results, click one of the above categories. "all that and a bag of Skittles," as a play on the bag of chips.She thinks she's all that.He's all that and a bag of chips! Last edited on Oct 28 2011. Last edited on Sep 11 2003. Last edited on Nov 26 1999. August 17. alternative spellings or pronunciations (list of), very, extremely, completely, in a grand way. Last edited on Oct 26 1998. Where are you heading? on Jun 18 1997. ". Find more ways to say slang, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Last edited on Aug 05 2010. I’m across it: Usually used at work to tell someone you’ve got it covered. on Dec 27 2004. Submitted by Anonymous Last edited on Dec 13 2014. on Jul 24 2010. Submitted by Walter Rader (Editor) from Sacramento, CA, USA Haley on January 06, 2018: I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say that literally none of these are funny or clever. on Oct 31 2003. on Dec 22 1997. OK is frequently used as a loanword in other languages. on Sep 04 2010. I’m going to say no for now. Submitted by John S. from Missouri, USA Learn the many ways to say hello in German, no matter where you are in the country, and master the two-letter salutatory conundrum "na." Last edited on Mar 20 2011. on Aug 18 1998. Last edited on Oct 22 2014. When speakers use okay as a noun, they usually mean "approval or permission.” For example, a coworker might tell you, "The boss gave her okay." My conversation with the Google employee who told me about the penalty starts dropping on Jun 21 1999. Rarely, abbreviated. Last edited on Oct 12 2018. on Oct 14 1998. "Thing" and "wing" are typically pronounced "thang" and "wang" respectively. The gotcha is a funny way to say that ‘I got you.’ This word is used to affirm that you … on Jul 25 2010.
2020 different ways to say ok slang