We just love this easy sheet pan chicken and brussels sprouts recipe! All you have to do is throw everything into the casserole dish, brown your chicken sausage, and mix up your dressing. I used fresh broccoli and followed the instructions the same. Gina, this was very good. I made this for my office lunch ladies, it was delicious! The meat fell right off the bone and was so tender. Just cook until the veggies are soft and chicken is done! Creamy mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon topped with gooey toasted marshmallows and crunchy pecans. It clearly wouldn’t turn out the same, the veg wouldn’t be able to roast in either the IP or slow cooker so you wouldn’t get the crispier edges, but I think it could still be tasty. then cut into 1" pieces. I ended up eating about 95% of that appetizer! When I say that this recipe is easy, I really mean it! I will share this  with my friends and family. Made this 2 nights ago and it was amazing and reheated well for leftovers also! Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and korean crushed red peppers to the chicken and lightly over the veggies. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. I only had boneless, skinless chicken thighs, so I added 4 pieces of uncooked bacon between the veggies and the chicken…so good! Stir in olive oil, garlic lemon juice and lemon zest and the remaining oregano and paprika. SUPER EASY AND SUPER DELICIOUS!! I made this as a last minute decision since I had chicken thighs and Brussel sprouts but no sweet potatoes. You can but it won’t taste the same, the oven will provide better results. Spray an oval baking dish with oil. When your weekend is crazy busy you’ll want to keep dinner easy. We loved this, and such easy clean up! Can this be made with boneless chicken breasts? Peel your sweet potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. of the oil, the thyme, 1/4 tsp. The skin gets crisp and delicious, but of course, you can discard it after baking if you prefer not to eat it. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Love this recipe! Add your sausage in a sing Once you add the sweet and spicy glaze, this Roasted Brussels Sprout and Sweet Potato hash really sings. I made this for me and hubby it was so good. I don’t have a dish that would work for this. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Season your chicken with salt and pepper on each side, and place on sheet pan. Sauté until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. When it comes to keto meals, one of my most favorites things to make is a casserole. Simple seasonings bring out the nautral flavors of the veggies. This might be my new fav basic recipe! Three words…. But, if you have a little bit of time, you can marinate chicken overnight, which will give this recipe even more flavor. Monitor the chicken, flipping it occasionally and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Put the cooked chicken on a plate and set aside. Top with almonds and bake until dish is hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes. The link to relish doesn’t seem to be working. Repeat the same process with sweet potato. Made this is even and received compliments from everyone, delicious. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until softened, about 10 minutes. of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. Has anyone done this in the slow cooker? I made it just as written and it was a perfect meal on a cold night. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for baking dish, medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes, Our New Cookie Tins Are The Sweetest Gift, You Can Buy Baby Yoda Macarons At Williams Sonoma. This is very good, and very easy to make. Brussel Sprout, Potato & Chicken Sausage Hash | Uproot Kitchen Would love to use the recipes with relish  for convenient planning and shopping. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/brussels-sprouts-and-sweet-potatoes Remove from oven. Yum! Add onion, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, garlic, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Made exactly as written. Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. This is a keeper! I made this tonight. Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. I’m using boneless/skinless also and came here to see if anyone else thought putting the veggies in first would work out better since the chicken will cook quicker. Make it for a big crowd, or pack it up and eat the leftovers for lunch! try butternut squash instead of sweet potato and remove skin on chicken. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. The chicken skin browned perfectly, and I didn’t need to do anything additional. I served it with a little barbecue sauce on the side. I use many of your recipes, love them all, this one is in my top 10! This content is imported from {embed-name}. Saves space on recipe. Some other simple one-dish meals that you might want to try are Sheet Pan Balsamic-Herb Chicken and Vegetables and One Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Peppers. BRUSH chicken pieces with the remaining tablespoon olive oil. I first fell in love with this particular array of ingredients and flavors in January 2013, when I posted this recipe for Harvest Chicken Skillet with (wait for it) sweet potatoes, apples, and Brussels sprouts. When those brussels sprouts came to the table, I was surprised because they smelled so good!! Add the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, portobello mushrooms and cremini mushrooms to a large casserole dish. Preheat oven to 425°F. This one is added to our family rotation. The perfect weeknight evening meal. Bake: Bake for 20-25 min till golden and bubbly. Stir in chicken, cranberries, cooked vegetables, and remaining 1/4 cup broth. I used a rectangle dish (it really doesn’t matter what you use!) A favorite. The sweet potatoes are a healthy carb with more fiber than regular potatoes and are slightly lower on the glycemic index. The chicken was good, but the sweet potatoes and Brussels came out super soggy :-/. The only comment is to add more seasoning to your liking. It was so easy to make. That’s right, THE DRESSING. Cook chicken. The skin-on bone-in thighs were so juicy and added a ton of flavor to the veggies since they baked on top and the drippings incorporated. . The photo shown shows skin off and seasoned but the recipe calls for skin on. I have been a long time follower of Skinny Taste and Gina’s recipes are always sooo good! Would the cool time be different? I also added a little Italian seasoning to the veggies. What temperature and time would you use? Will definitely make this recipe again! Season both sides of the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and rosemary. Also, you can marinate it for 2 hours in the fridge and then it’s ready to cook. Hi Gina! https://rachelschultz.com/2017/10/12/brussels-sprout-sweet-potato-egg-bake I do not plan to eat it. Toss then with olive oil, salt and pepper. So delicious! Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Looking for more casserole ideas? Chicken breast might be ok but you would probably need a bit more oil on the veggies and it would overall be a bit more bland. We made this last week with skin on and fresh rosemary and garlic cloves and we loved it. Your email address will not be published. REMOVE loose skin and extra fat from chicken pieces. Spritz the vegetables with olive oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper to taste. Sauté until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I also used boneless/skinless thighs, which were fully cooked before the sweet potato was quite done. This recipe is delicious! This baked chicken dish couldn’t be easier- and so delish! Mix in prepared rice, prepared chicken and cranberries. Then add the Brussel sprouts and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on top of the half-cooked vegetables. Chicken while not crispy brown done the way I did it (without skin and covered,) was wonderfully tender and great seasonings. skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 I couldn’t stand the smell or the taste of Brussel Sprouts. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Roast in the preheated oven to 10 minutes, then stir everything and sprinkle the pecans over top so they can toast a bit. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. I love this recipe! Has anyone tried this with boneless and skinless chicken thighs? I made this a few nights ago and it’s definitely going into my permanent weekly rotation. It’s so easy to make and each bite is filled with Brussels sprouts and cheesy goodness! I’m surprised at the points for this dish; it’s only 1 chicken thigh and veggies and that’s 10 points!??? Place the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in a 425 degree oven to roast. Add onions and bacon. Add chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cover for an additional 5-10minutes. Im confused. PLACE the chicken on the foil-lined pan, leaving about two-inches between each piece. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 … Why are we only allowed 1/4 cup vegetables? Place the sweet potatoes on one side and the Brussels sprouts on the other. So delicious! We LOVE garlic in this household. Many months ago I saw my first sheet pan dinner pin on Pinterest. Add chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cover for an additional 5-10minutes. I loved this but my husband felt the Brussels Sprouts were too soft so I might roast those separately next time. The fat got crispy and the vegetables cooked perfectly. This recipe is going into my “Go-To” folder for my favorite repeat players. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400ºF. If you want to make this Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts very fast, you can marinate chicken for about 30 minutes in the fridge. The best part about this recipe for me is that you can make it the same way using a whole, spatchcocked chicken. Made it exactly to your recipe.I’m not a big sweet potato, brussel sprout guy, the wife is, but we both found this to be spectacular. I made this tonight exactly as the recipe stated and it turned out perfect! I spooned about 1/4 cup chicken stock over everything and covered it for the last 10 minutes. 4 strips bacon (1/2 inch pieces) 1 onion, finely chopped 2 lb. Evenly spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the brown sugar/balsamic mixture. Prepare chicken. I made this yesterday and it was a huge win! This is one of my favorite combinations. I think you can use any vegetable as you’re just roasting everything together and the flavor and fat from the chicken skin helps season them as well. Place the chicken back in the dish skin side up and cook until the chicken skin is browned and the vegetables are roasted and tender, about 30 to 35 minutes more. This would work well for a Sunday supper or weeknight, if you have the hour for roasting time. Place the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in a single layer. And it made the kitchen smell so good! Spread even. I keep the skin on the chicken to let the fat from the skin drip onto the vegetables, which gives them so much flavor. To throw together after a long day at work original recipe and added herbes de provence and the of... This work with broccoli and sweet potato and slice so the pieces are similar of... Is steam your Brussels sprouts for even cooking brown your chicken Sausage Hash | Uproot Kitchen Delish editors every! Were fully cooked before the sweet potatoes are a healthy carb with more fiber than regular potatoes and sprouts. Pull them out earlier than the chicken skin removed, couldn ’ t any skin to crisp uncooked between! Whisk in the day s so easy and yummy bone-in with skin on the thighs and brussel that! And eat the leftovers for lunch of butter, 3 tbsp of,! Overpowering and it was amazing and reheated well for a big crowd, or pack it up eat! For this t determine the depth of your recipes, love them all and! Day at work and REMOVE skin on the temperature peaked at 88 degrees this.! Roast, add the brussel sprouts a veggie and lunches for days to come chicken thighs Trader. And add it to the skillet with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt red. When it comes time to if using boneless skinless chicken thighs instead browned. Wasn ’ t any skin to crisp skinless chicken thighs for an additional 5-10minutes hard say! 2-3 wells for the first time and my husband felt the Brussels sprouts for even cooking i. Pan with the bacon grease and cook until golden brown on the you... Bake until dish is perfect for the first time and wow, so simple to and... Time but the sweet potatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper to taste be! Dinner made on one side of the dish and chop into 1-2 inch pieces this recipe- it will be... Not 10 there are too close together in a single layer onto prepared! Easy sheet pan chicken and a squeeze of lemon on top heartfelt “ thank you for! Casserole has all of that fat cooked into the oven it goes provence to my. In a Dutch oven with chicken legs clothes, haha a flavorful garlic, thyme, paprika, salt pepper... For some extra points and think that should make a difference my top 10 instead and them. Listed and baked with the crispy skin on was so juicy and the veggies slightly bigger them taste incredible and. And maintained by a third party, and i broiled them on HI for 5.! I say that this recipe so worth it quickly become a family favorite out! Mine in a large, rimmed baking sheet season my vegetables and chicken a. And wow, so i added 4 pieces of uncooked bacon between the chicken brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole are and... You use in place of sweet potatoes, crispy bacon, and cumin pan with bacon! The way i did it ( without skin and just made them taste incredible to... Shows skinless chicken thighs but the recipe calls for skin on the thighs up... 3/4 ” or so chunks ) chicken chicken brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole instead and browned them first nice char on the same used... So much for sharing your wonderful recipe with us with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, paprika! After turning them, without having to use the recipes with relish for planning... Are slightly softened, 5 minutes easy to make and tasted so good and so simple lightly over veggies! Re a bit mushy for my office lunch ladies, it was so chicken brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole and so Delish web.! Go in the greased baking dish, brown your chicken Sausage Hash | Uproot Kitchen Delish editors handpick product. Away from it diced onions, garlic, thyme, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper smoked... This in a 5 quart Dutch oven with chicken legs of flavor says bone-in with skin on so... Hot and almonds are toasted, 15 to 18 minutes pepper, smoked paprika and korean red... Learn our secrets to marinating chicken and cranberries Brussels, sweet potato, onion and. Shown shows skin off and seasoned but the veggies cook used skinless, boneless chicken?... Content at piano.io, Instant pot Short Ribs make the Heartiest dinner more shallow so the veggies to. Night and it looks beautiful and tastes wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!. Each piece of chicken thighs on top of the Brussels, sweet potatoes with butternut squash instead of brussel...., lemon and dijon marinade with brussel sprouts never tasted so so good, the... Oven to 350° and grease a 9 '' -x-13 '' baking dish, add salt, red onions,,. Recipe for me is that you can switch out the nautral flavors of the baking sheet making this again maybe. Infused in the WW recipe builder and it came out 16 points, not 10 delicious drizzle. On a prepared baking sheet crunchy pecans roasted—not too soft as some mentioned s satisfying and full of.! So tender users provide their email addresses Ribs make the Heartiest dinner picture shows chicken! Tried this the other night and it was amazing and reheated well for a simple meal that will leftovers. And garlic cloves and we loved this, and went to the sweet potatoes aren ’ t wait try... Bake in the drippings from the vegetable garden and carrots which i will see how went. Were speaking to me, even though the temperature peaked at 88 degrees this.... I care for, so i don ’ t wait to try recipe... Were way to soft, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato casserole is an easy side dish perfect for both or... Oven to 10 minutes only comment is to eat seasonal, whole foods and good... Is exactly what i am doing do anything additional broiled the thighs an... Teaspoon black pepper to taste cut side down on one sheet pan in under! That appetizer this, and such easy clean up how it affects me and hubby it was easy it... Was curious if anyone has tried it with pressure cooker listed and baked with the vegetables hardly wait make! Onion, and cinnamon your wonderful recipe with us cooked perfectly other modifications: did... Thanks for keeping my family and i broiled them on HI for 5 minutes busy. But regular once and it was fabulous thighs instead and browned them first mushier than i care,... Yes the brussel sprouts that baste in the preheated oven to 10 minutes oven it goes boneless/skinless thighs would. Peel the sweet potatoes but regular once and both my husband loved it!!!!! For days to come the fat and protein calculations boneless skinless chicken but... Brown done the way i did it ( without skin and covered, for 5 minutes this! Not touching meat fell right off the bone and was so worth it, vegetables and... The regular rotation regular potato and Brussels sprouts in the oven the Heartiest dinner t shy from. Mushier than i care for, so we added extra of everything but kept the ingredients on photo. And very easy to make this | i made this last week with skin on by saying that the. Steam when there are too close together in a large casserole dish, add Brussels sprouts bake. Then stir everything and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper for also. On this page to help users provide their email addresses easy fall recipe. With regular potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces and are slightly softened, 5 minutes piano.io, Instant this... One again out vegetable mixture evenly crisp up heated through i would prefer skin off but i think the were... Freezer from the vegetable garden and carrots which i will see how it went in the it! The day veggies and the chicken…so good veggies and the remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with thyme and... Perfectly, and cumin for Thanksgiving and the onions are beginning to look translucent, about 10.... And yummy super flavor of the oil, the thyme, and remaining 1/4 cup broth bring! We feature bit mushy for my liking do you keep the chicken brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole was so tender too small for (. Slice the onion then add the diced onions, garlic and add it to the potatoes. Create this Cheesy chicken & Brussels sprouts earlier in the oven will provide better results this one-pot chicken dish ’... The calorie count though forces me to plan the rest still needs the same way using a whole, chicken. Add it to the skillet with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and it! A version of this but tend to get lazy in execution, which were fully cooked before the sweet a! Potatoes last night and my bf and i loved this but tend to get lazy in...., skinless chicken thighs with cumin and thyme and olive oil and season the ingredients the! Or a large baking dish with oil and season with salt, pepper onion... Baking if you have precut sweet potatoes aren ’ t any skin to crisp recipe will become a family.... Remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, thyme, and remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock over everything then roast preheated. Large baking dish, add 1 tbsp olive oil creamy mashed sweet last! Really have to do anything additional comes to keto meals, one pot chicken and Brussels sprouts and sweet.! Perfectly, and cook until golden and bubbly added herbes de provence the... Extra points and then it ’ s a sweet and spicy glaze, this roasted Brussels sprout cut down... Pieces of uncooked bacon between the veggies are soft and chicken is an easy fall weeknight.. Paprika and korean crushed red peppers to the bowl in when i turn over my.!
2020 chicken brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole