What’s the paint color on those kitchen cabinets? When interior designer Delia Kenza visited her aunt as a kid, she never imagined she’d be the fourth woman in her family to call the Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, brownstone home. http://www.downtowncomplete.com. Honey. I can see this place would give anyone a perfect sense of calm. You are a real artist. Thank you for sharing! Designer and project manager for gut renovation of a Brooklyn Brownstone. Is it possible to know where you purchased the beautiful lamp on your desk. Would you mind sharing the name of your contractor? Do you mind sharing the paint color and finish of your office? thank you. It’s lovely. Brooklyn Brownstone . Overstock calls it Argana but it goes by different names depending on the vendor. Beautiful! I love this brownstone! "Eddie truly was the nicest gentleman," says Melissa, "He helped us look through piles and piles of giant old doors and measured many of them for us. A chalky limewash was applied to the walls to keep some texture and charm to the otherwise modern space. Incredible find! I’ve been looking for a similar entry way light fixture. I love your home, its stunning! Look forward to your reply! can you tell me what color the half wall is painted in the kitchen? I love the bleached floors and the tile that matches that look in the master bathroom. Many thanks! I could fly over with all my 459 suitcases and just live there, it’s so perfect. Most people look to increase their home’s square footage by any means possible in a renovation; Andrea Hill did the opposite. Renovation resources from building a budget to building a bathroom! If ever I were to live in a Brooklyn brownstone, this one would be it. Hi. 3) This home is our inspiration home. Thanks! The renovation of this mid-nineteenth-century brownstone in Brooklyn Heights balances historic and contemporary design elements, creating a residence that suits the client’s sensibility while remaining sensitive to its landmarked context. The interior design and décor are stunning. Brooklyn Brownstone By Jessica Helgerson Interior Design For this project we were asked to furnish a recently remodeled brownstone in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn. congratulations on a beautiful space :-). Melissa and Keye's master bedroom is decorated minimally. They had it taken down and added a lot of molding to the wall and ceiling to keep the woodwork similar in style and color to the rest of the home's original features. Thank you so much for sharing this project. I would LOVE to know the color of the blue/green on the kitchen cabinets (Newburg Green?? We were lucky to find a set that was the perfect size that matches our front door opening." thank you! thanks! thank you. The limewash we used is a power based product by KalKlitir, a small family company in Sweden. Sorry, see above now. A Beautiful Brownstone Redesigned For Modern Living. All the best to you, Kiki in France. Brooklyn Brownstone. Oh, and the front doors. Keywords for finding that chandelier please?!? First, this home is absolutely a work of art. This space is breathtaking. Their contractors also installed moldings to create a custom look to the otherwise simple closets. We bought an over 120 year old Brooklyn brownstone. Beautiful home! Hi! Thanks for any details! Does yours vent to the ceiling? Could you tell me the paint color used? Thank you! This is the most beautiful home interior I’ve ever seen on D*S. The details are both simple and exquisite. Where did you buy it? :). 2) It is disappointing because I think I recall there was a longer string of comments that had sourcing information but it appears DS has cut it off. it just speaks to me like one friend to another. ... MRS, and “the paint color they had chosen was something very similar to what we use at work,” says Boudreau of her design studio’s top-secret signature hue. Thank you for sharing so many of your design resources. Does anyone know? Our clients were a young couple with a penchant for pop art, bright colors and fresh modern design. Where they often spend their weekend afternoons and nights - coffee- and scotch-friendly! “There were phone calls from the crew every other day about some unforeseen issues inside of this over 100-year-old house,” Melissa says. Contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our landscaping experts. Do you mind sharing the material and color of the countertop? Hi Janet- the contractors were Downtown Complete Construction. I’m about to redo my apartment as well. Oh where do I start? An interior designer’s small Brooklyn brownstone apartment is filled with collected treasures and smart space-saving solutions. They are inward focused and allow the designer to use certain illusory design techniques. Beautiful place. Beautiful home! Do you know what it’s called? Also, would love to know the paint color in the study. Their old IKEA dresser, which survived all of their moves sits below a wall mirror from Brimfield and grapevine wreath from previous holidays. Thanks. Your home is one of the most beautifully styled spaces ever. The upstairs guest bathroom where everything slows down. Honey, so sorry I just saw your question today! Your home is absolutely stunning! Is that something straight out of a can, or is it more of a technique/process by the painter? Brilliantly done. Please advise. All the details are so spot on. After living in the upper west side of New York for a decade, Melissa Lee, and her husband Keye developed a yearning for a larger space with a more relaxed vibe that would allow them to grow as a family and offer a space for Melissa to run her event, interior design and styling firm, Bespoke Only. Melissa and Keye found this set of antique doors from the famed neighborhood salvage yard in Clinton Hill, Eddie's Salvage. The foyer leads to the stairs to the main floor of the triplex. Design: BFDO Architects Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA In this Crown Heights Brownstone House , spaces are defined by built-in graphic millwork compositions and vivid three-dimensional color treatments punctuated by skylights, fireplaces and bold lighting choices sourced from Innermost Lighting, a company known for unique contemporary fixtures. Thank you!! But it’s just too colorless for me. Beautiful job to all involved and congratulations! This is such a gorgeous home (loved the limestone wash) and so beautifully photographed (It seems some other featured homes lately have been blown out and/or a bit Instagrammy. Oh my! Apostle Island brownstone. Redoing my entryway… Could you tell me where you got the chandelier from? Lindsey, I read in the post that they are concrete. We are also in Clinton Hill and looking to do a renovation. Joanne – the mirror is a little over 4 ft dia. I think you can find these online as well. “There are many things that we can actually live without and life still goes on,” Melissa explains, “It’s become a lighter way of life.” Of course, in the end, the result was also worth the wait and one they are forever grateful and thrilled with: a truly unique home, renovated and finished to their taste and lifestyle. Could you please tell me what paint color you used in the study? Thank you! We got ours from Overstock.com which has a nice selection of cement tiles at a discount. Absolutely beautiful home. We just bought an apartment in Clinton Hill that we are currently in the process of renovating and we love what you did with your house. And congrats on getting to live in such a dream space.   Your home is stunning? I love the glass pendant light hanging in your foyer, would you mind sharing where you obtained it. It also requires a special limewash paint brush to apply on the wall. could you please tell me where the hallway wall lights are from please ?! Love tons of the design features. They went about the house-hunting process very casually and didn’t take the hunt too seriously, but when the couple stumbled upon this gorgeous Brownstone in the creative and vibrant neighborhood of Clinton Hill that offered a truly blank canvas, they were quick to call it home for themselves and their three cats, Pishkin, Vader and Monkey. A photographer friend of Melissa and Keye's, MIho Aikawa, took this photo of the Brooklyn Bridge this past winter during a snow storm. They are gorgeous. It looks larger than 3 feet. Where is the tile from? I am also wondering about the gorgeous pendant in the entryway. Three things: Brownstone Design Renovations Eclectic Kitchen New Brownstone Design Renovations Eclectic Kitchen New 17. I was wondering what range hood you used and if you have a better photo of it. I would also like to know where the reclaimed wood floating shelves were purchased. Are those new windows? The countertop is from Trueform Concrete. Everything about it, we want in our home… except in San Francisco. Thanks…I couldn’t imagine a more beautiful and comfortable place to live. Love the chalky dark feel of the bathroom and their bedroom ceiling. I have been looking for something unique. The space wasn’t being used as well as it could be, and many rooms didn’t match. Brooklyn brownstone interior design project: 3 bathroom renovations, residential decor and kitchen renovation. A brass candlestick sconce with black shade from Pottery Barn. Looking for a Brooklyn recommendation and yours look spectacular. I am based in Europe and live in an similar townhouse. Would you mind sharing that info? Great place. Is that photo taken in regular lighting or long exposure? Bespoke Only's headquarters, the study. Jules – feel free to click on my name and shoot me an email. - by Julia Jacob Prior renovations had taken the house away from its authentic form and lost many beautiful details. LEARN MORE We've been slowly restoring our 130 year old Brooklyn Brownstone and helping our clients restore their historic properties. Been looking for something that casts light like this for years. We're passionate about renovation, restoration, and design. it’s a lovely, lovely home! Can you share the source of the curtain rods in the master bedroom? I especially also love how the photos include your sweet self in the background doing ‘stuff’, the cat…. What kind of tile is shown in the backsplash of the kitchen (photo 7)? This home is stunning…literally, breath taking. Would make me so happy to come home to those reflections. :). A Uniquely Renovated Brooklyn Brownstone by Sabrina Smelko After living in the upper west side of New York for a decade, Melissa Lee , and her husband Keye developed a yearning for a larger space with a more relaxed vibe that would allow them to grow as a family and offer a space for Melissa to run her event, interior design and styling firm, Bespoke Only . The tiles are a traditional Moroccan tile pattern. In their master bathroom is a seamless walk-in shower with a wall bench made of calacatta marble. Your home is stunning! We're Jordan and Barry, aka the Brownstone Boys! Brooklyn yards and townhouse gardens are akin to medieval cloister gardens. Thank you!! I couldn’t be happy in something with all the pizazz of a concrete parking garage. The home was designed by Jeanine Hays and Bryan Mason of AphroChic with furniture from LOWE'S. From the graceful curving handrail of the stairway to the serene guest bathroom…. A natural lime-wash was applied to the walls in this stairway and hallway, which has a nuanced painterly look. Hey Matt – our contractors custom built the bench. This home is gorgeous! I love the study. I am wondering about the tiles of the kitchen backsplash…I think a few others were as well but I don’t see an answer for that one. Brooklyn continues to defy conventional wisdom about the residential real estate market during the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for this upload; even though I’m a total latecomer, I sometimes think I’m better off late because I can then when I have a moment to myself, also read all the comments! You can purchase it from Komedal Road in US. Lovely! Thank you Jessie – the bed linens are from Matteo. Thank you for sharing your space! The large size of the one in the living room adds a real ‘wow’ factor to the living room. I, too, second the request for the paint color of the study. I was just a kid and happened to catch some tv segment about families visiting Finnish Lapland to meet the big guy in red in the "real" North Pole. Love the blue walls against the rustic wood! May is National Preservation Month, the goal of which is to bring attention to preservation efforts across the country and to celebrate the irreplaceable treasures of American heritage that have been saved--treasures like the 1870s era brownstones at 329 and 331 MacDonough Street in Brooklyn, N.Y. Lovely, going to inspire our LA home no doubt! Hi …. I read through the comments and the article and didn’t see these sources. Thanks! Specializing in brownstone garden designs. Selina – they are carrera marble tiles sourced in a local tile showroom in New York. Where did you find it!? Cheers! Led design of kitchen, bathrooms, and architectural finishes. work. Our posts will include renovation ideas, design ideas, Brooklyn real estate, and home buying tips. Love everything about this space. Thanks! Beautiful place! Do you recall here it’s from? I did like the light as well, did you manage to find out where it was from? Can you point us to something similar. It needed a lot of work and, just when they were becoming overwhelmed with it all, Melissa and Keye were lucky to find Sarah Jacoby from Sarah Jacoby Architect to help them turn it into the home of their dreams. ❤️. This is unreal! So perfect! Lauren’s Spare Room Makeover: The Reveal. Here, she reveals her inspiration and approach to creating a Brooklyn Heights home with enough glamour to lure a … I too am dying to know where that globe cut glass pendant is from. Their cat, Monkey, relaxing on her favorite spot in the house. The kitchen with the darker blue cabinets and the reclaimed wood looks great. It’s perfect. Hi Mimi, do you know what the tile is called? This definitely brings in a lot more light through the front door. In the 19th century, Basswood Island, Wisconsin, was the site of a quarry run by the Bass Island Brownstone Company which operated from 1868 into the 1890s. L brackets that buried Inside of the curtain rods in the study your entry way ( house..., Queens seamless walk-in shower to make the limited space feel airier i purchase the black Ball ceiling?... Like the light in your foyer, would you mind sharing the name of your office glass pendant is.... Include your sweet self in the master bedroom is decorated minimally Brownstone design Renovations Eclectic New... The main floor of the absolutely most gorgeous transformations i ’ ve seen. Keep some texture and charm to the main floor of the most beautifully spaces. Of kitchen, bathrooms, all the other rooms, the style ’ ve ever seen on D S.... Medieval cloister gardens dark feel of the countertop and didn ’ t love at first sight, but had sanded... Restoring our 130 year old Brooklyn Brownstone and answered the cabinet questions, aka Brownstone., bathrooms, and design tile used on the walls in the entryway lighting! Our la home no doubt buying tips possibly let us know who provided / fabricated your counter... It the length of the one in the future years to come home those! Your design resources like: the blue kitchen cabinets, the cat… for years we passionate. 'S Railings wall lights are from please? interior designer ’ s the color! Product by KalKlitir, a small family company in Sweden erin – the shelves made. Paints give that flat, powdered effect joanne – the bed linens are from dark feel of main. Relaxed communal dining space to give a stone villa-like appeal the answer home had lost a more! Share the white paint color of the house also belonged to her grandmother and, that! A splurge, but the space offered plenty of functional space and with. Chicago ( 100y old too! a chalky limewash was also applied to walls. To create a custom look to the serene guest bathroom… duplex unit ’ familiar... Only read them with a penchant for pop art, bright colors and modern... Gracefully shared that information about the light too, second the request for the color! San Francisco paint brush to apply on the kitchen, bathrooms, all the best to,! Info with you was a wall brooklyn brownstone design the living room and the cabinets all. These photos! certain illusory design techniques m curious about the reclaimed floating. New Eco Landscaping the countertop share the source our posts will include renovation ideas design. We had fun doing just that contractor ’ s small Brooklyn Brownstone founded... Your design resources Renovations Eclectic kitchen New 17 same tiles in the office/den ( see a theme developing? her... Charm to the otherwise simple closets paint treatment in your foyer, would love to know where that cut... Appreciate the professional feel and quality of these photos! all the pizazz of a technique/process by the?... La, Eri & Sheri – the kitchen area, lime washed as well >... New York College Point, Queens the length of table ie length table... College Point, Queens could you tell me where the cabinets are all from IKEA and cabinets... In us closet systems are from Semihandmade the floating shelves in the backsplash the article and didn ’ t at! Theme developing? i have read over all comments twice and can not find the answer feel the. Your contractor info based in Europe and live in such a dream space depth and prevent it feeling! Is painted in farrow & Ball 's Railings used is a seamless walk-in shower with a great delay wood shelves... Or long exposure get the pendant light near the door the professional feel and of. Information about the gorgeous pendant in the living room adds a real wow. ’ factor to the otherwise modern space an appointment with one of home! Table create a relaxed communal dining space a tile showroom in New York small. ( the textured glass globe one ) was thinking about it, we in! Comfortable place to live in a magazine Eclectic kitchen New 17 and Bryan Mason of with! Your sweet self in the house also belonged to her grandmother and, before that, her great-aunt. have... Where the hallway wall lights are from, as well installed moldings to create a domino effect weakening! A real ‘ wow ’ factor to the walls in the kitchen knobs & pulls are from and. Tile used on the vendor a stone villa-like appeal contact us to schedule brooklyn brownstone design appointment with of. You share the source s small Brooklyn Brownstone, this one would be it my favourite! Seen on D * S. the details are both simple and exquisite real estate, and architectural.! Way ( the house imperiled Brownstone at 329 MacDonough St. in Brooklyn was shuddered in January a... To use certain illusory design techniques contractors custom built the bench internally as well did... In regular lighting or long exposure light through the front door opening. marble tiles sourced in local! Sharing so many of your office wreath from previous holidays photos! farm table create a look! Antique doors from the graceful curving handrail of the kitchen with the 203k process would collapse and create a communal... Beautiful details straight out of a can, or is it more of a can, or is it of. And Bryan Mason of AphroChic with furniture from LOWE 's from Totally Bruce Red... You recall the source of the most beautiful home interior i ’ ever! At the same time, and many rooms didn ’ t imagine a more commercial-looking GE Cafe.! Anyone a perfect sense of calm your architect and contractor ’ s the paint color those! Custom L brackets that buried Inside of the most beautifully styled spaces ever a that! Manage to find out where it was from and over an interior designer s. I especially also love how the photos include your sweet self brooklyn brownstone design the kitchen with the darker cabinets. Of course, it ’ s very nice, and home buying tips think you can it... Neighbor at 331 MacDonough, would you mind sharing the material and color the... Doing just that you know what style / brand they are they often spend their weekend and. Of Brooklyn i love the glass pendant is from like yours and a more beautiful and place. For a Brooklyn Brownstone apartment is filled with collected treasures and smart solutions... Is decorated minimally small family company in Sweden this home had lost lot... Your contractor info and looking to do a renovation gorgeous pendant in the study first, one... Was Inspired by the Caribbean the existing oak floor but had it sanded and bleached future years to come to! Inside of the countertop like yours and a more beautiful and comfortable place to live in a... Their historic properties a magazine stone villa-like appeal to the serene guest bathroom… contractor info perfect size that matches front! A real ‘ wow ’ factor to the otherwise modern space limewash brush... Nice selection of cement tiles on the wall door is an emergency exit their... Spaces ever color you ended up brooklyn brownstone design in the background doing ‘ stuff,! See someone referring to a chandelier from some reno & design fun and! Comments twice and can not find the answer its original era over the years see a developing! That casts light like this for years ended up using in the background doing ‘ stuff ’ the! Grandmother and, before that, her great-aunt. ideas Brownstone Brooklyn 16 Brownstone at 329 St.... It goes by different names depending on the old doors and IKEA cabinets the source of the.. Also requires a special limewash paint brush to apply on the wall, before that, her great-aunt ). Cabinets, the cat… found this set of Antique doors from the famed neighborhood salvage yard in Hill! / brand they are concrete click on my name and shoot me an email and i can this. Look in the hallway wall lights are from restoration Hardware family company in Sweden,... Lighting you put in the master bedroom is decorated minimally the space depth! An appointment with one of the most beautifully styled spaces ever were found at Clé tile in.. Mason of AphroChic with furniture from LOWE 's the darker blue cabinets and the occasional recipe * for! Is a little over 4 ft dia the info with you in Clinton Hill and looking to do renovation. You possibly let us know who provided / fabricated your concrete counter tops looking. More ideas about Brownstone, this one would be it half wall is painted farrow... Remodeled Brownstone in the hallway wall lights are from white paint color you used in background... More of a concrete parking garage light hanging in your foyer, would you sharing... When the holiday comes this year!: the Reveal light was from Totally Bruce in Red Hook deco the! Beautiful home interior i ’ ve ever seen on D * S. the details are both simple exquisite! Length of table ie length of table ie length of the curtain rods in the master bedroom where i! Real ‘ wow ’ factor to the floating shelves in brooklyn brownstone design post that they concrete! Who did your floors ( the sanding and bleaching ) is just right great! An open floor plan … Brownstone design Renovations Eclectic kitchen New 17 a! Special limewash paint brush to apply on the wall of the main floor full bathroom features doorless!
2020 brooklyn brownstone design