He replied, “You’re gonna need to go straight to the Creator for this one.”. Endow it with Thy celestial potency, that this infant seed of God may soon germinate in the hearts of men, that it may thrive and prosper, that it may grow to become a mighty tree, beneath the shadow of which all the peoples and kindreds of the earth may gather. and the defender of the little ones, and verily, Thou art the Powerful, the Mighty, and light of guidance that cometh from the Company on high, Verily, Thou art the Strong, the O God! Almighty, the All-Bountiful. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. How can they best reach you? • CHILDREN  Prayers by the Báb, Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá are used by Bahá'ís at their meetings. In Islam a special prayer was ordained to be said in times of natural phenomena which cause fear, such as earthquakes. O God! I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. As I prepared to teach, I could see all of the students staring at their phones in disbelief. cheer their hearts by Thy love. Thou art the I have risen this morning by Thy grace, O my God, and Lord! will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. becometh him that seeketh that shelter to abide within the sanctuary of Thy protection and the Day-Spring of Thy Revelation, even as Thou didst illumine my outer being with the Each of the many short aphorisms in that beautiful book resonated within me with a newfound depth and gave me both solace and strength: O Son of Utterance! rich in Thee and free from all save thee. The birthdays of the two Founders of the Bahá'í Faith, The Báb and Bahá'u'áh, were born two years apart (the Báb was born 1817 and Bahá'u'lláh was born 1819) but their Birthdays are one day apart. ‘Abdu’l-Bahá said it for 3 days just before WW2 ended: Ya Allau’l-Mustagath! I created thee rich, why dost thou bring thyself down to poverty? The official website of the Baha'i Faith is: Sign up for our newsletter and get all our latest content. • COMPASSION  A portable Bahá’í prayer book offering a large selection of prayers in multiple languages, revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá. May they follow Thy commandments and abide in Thy conquer these countries through the love of God and the illumination of divine teachings. Purify my heart. These prayers can be read in Private or with our friends and family. 7 CD’s, 7 hours, 41 minutes. Whether travelling or at home, and in my occupation or in my work, I place my To put you in touch with a Baha’i in your area who can answer your questions, we would like to kindly ask for a few details about yourself. the Unconstrained. I have risen this morning by Thy grace, O my God, and left my home trusting wholly in Thee, and committing myself to Thy care. Your message was successfully sent to BahaiTeachings.org. Lauded be Thy Name, O Lord our God! Noble I made thee, wherewith dost thou abase thyself? art the Compassionate, the Merciful! Just as I nourish my physical self with nutrition, exercise, and sleep, I must also continue to nourish my spiritual self with prayer and meditation each morning. thy kingdom. What is the general structure of your time together? Purify and sanctify the spirits that the light of II, p. 232) O Son of Being! Let Thy breeze refresh them in order that they may be Thy The views expressed in our content reflect individual perspectives and do not represent the official views of the Baha'i Faith. The names of the months of the Badí` calendar (the Bábí/Bahá’í calendar) were taken from a Shí’í dawn prayer (Du`á Sahar) for the month of the Islamic Fast (Ramadán) revealed by the Fifth Shí’í Imám, Muhammad al-Báqir, who urged his followers to recite the prayer because, Purify and sanctify the ears in order that they may hear the call of • TRAVELLING  O Son of Spirit! Quicken us through the breath of the Holy Spirit in order that we may arise to serve Thee, engage in worshiping Thee and exert ourselves in Thy Kingdom with the utmost sincerity. Bahá'í Prayers and Songs in Indian Languages. save Thee. • PURITY  A diversity of celebrations. • COURAGE  Before each of the musical selections that I shared, I also read one of my favorite dawn prayers. These children are the O Lord! 1. When ‘Abdu’l-Bahá was in New York, He called to him an ardent Bahá’í and said “If you will come to Me at dawn tomorrow, I will teach you to pray.” Delighted, Mr. M arose at four and crossed the city, arriving for his lesson at six. thought which may change this world into a rose-garden through the spiritual bounty. from error, may devote himself to the service of Thy Cause, may guide the wayward, lead Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for thee is my companion. Bestower of gifts! Make their hearts good and pure in order Thou art the Great beneficent God! This prayer should be recited by one of those present and all present should stand while it is being read. Praised be God! Faith, to walk in Thy ways, to be steadfast in Thy Cause. Questions and Answers on the Bahá'í Faith in Hindi. It seems infallible, even marvellous in power. Illumine my powers. • PRAISE  O God! The prayers came in response to a call, issued on 3 August 2000, for people everywhere to observe a Day of Prayer for World Peace on the Summit's opening day. Thou art My stronghold; enter therein that thou mayest abide in safety. law. I joked with Doc, now in his 90’s, that given the fact that he was born after the 1918 Flu Pandemic, I would not be able to seek his counsel on the current situation. Purify and sanctify the eyes that they may Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Bahá’u’lláh, Synopsis and Codification of the Kitab-i … Grant me then Thy sufficing help so as to make me independent of all things, O Thou who O Lord! ePub. O God, my God! Bahá'í eBooks Publications. How long do you meet? I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy • FOR THE DEPARTED  Bahá'í Prayers: A Selection of Prayers Revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá. When I reached Wilmette, Illinois that Friday, I entered the sanctuary of the Baha’i House of Worship and prayed in a way that I had never prayed before. no support save Thee and no sustainer beside Thee. To be prayed or repeated 1000 times between midnight and dawn for 9 or 19 nights (though to use the prayer once daily or even 9 or 19 times is enough). O Thou forgiver of sins! left my home trusting wholly in Thee, and committing myself to Thy care. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succour in both this world and the world to come. Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8794370406 Meeting ID: 879 437 0406 Password: … When I made it home, I again called Doc. Bedford County, VA. Bedford County, VA. As the new semester began and I returned to work, I had planned on discontinuing our daily dawn prayers. of every morn and guard him, within the shelter of Thy protection so that he may be freed no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. Assist Thy loved ones to be firm in Thy The views expressed in our content reflect individual perspectives and do not represent the official views of the Baha'i Faith. I then created a Zoom account and sent out an email to a few fellow Baha’is, along with interfaith family and friends, inviting them all to share daily dawn prayers together. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. At the third home, hosted by friends of the Baha’is, neighbors watched Dawn of the Light. O Lord, Thou art powerful. trained, grow and develop, and appear in the utmost beauty. There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Answer Thou My prayer, O God, and fulfil My most cherished desire. O my God! Out of the clay of love I molded thee, how dost thou busy thyself with another? Thy lights in this dark night, and make me happy by the wine of Thy love in this wonderful with the cohorts of Thy angels, make me victorious in the promotion of Thy Word and suffer plants of Thine orchard, the flowers of Thy meadow, the roses of Thy garden. Powerful, the Mighty, the All-Subduing, the Ever-Giving. However, I quickly realized that I could not stop and didn’t want to, either. As we have faced illness, upheaval, and other challenges, our prayers have given us hope and courage. O Thou the Compassionate God! might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. I am single, alone and lowly. I was even able to incorporate many prayers into an outdoor concert I presented last week at the university. The main occasions for Bahá'í collective worship are dawn prayers (mashriqu'l-adhkar), nineteen-day feasts, and observances of holy days. Give them Thy grace to withstand Send down, then, O my Lord! On March 11th, 2020, while setting up my instruments and looking forward to teaching my first class as a guest artist at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, I realized something wasn’t right. © 2020 BahaiTeachings.org All Rights Reserved. Verily, I beseech Thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá wrote many beautiful prayers to help us do this. O Lord, make me hear Thy call, and open before my face the doors of Thy heaven, so that I may see the light of Thy glory and become attracted to Thy beauty. Let Thy rain I told Doc not to worry, to take his time and settle in to his new place. Dawn Prayer. whole trust in Thee. Entrusting His wife to His mother, and committing them both to the care and protection of His maternal uncle, He joined the company of the pilgrims of Fárs who were preparing to leave Shíráz for Mecca and Medina. I beseech Thee to aid and assist me at all times and under all conditions, and seek from the heaven of Thy grace Thine ancient favor. O Thou forgiving God! of all its people. • STRENGTH  However, I knew that I needed to take the calm I felt in that sacred space back out into the world. Recently Oakland University, where I teach, resumed limited face-to-face instruction. Help them, O God, in their endeavour, and grant them strength to serve Thee. fall upon them with Thy love. be resuscitated through the breaths of the Holy Spirit in this radiant century. Mark Stone is a musician-educator from Michigan with a passion for using music to bring diverse communities together. This week, Doc is moving his home from the mountains of Ecuador, where he lives near Quito, to the coastal city of Manta. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord. Then I began to read all of Baha’u’llah’s Hidden Words. Assist them and with the cohorts of the Supreme Obligatory prayer 3. God grant that the light of unity may envelope the There is no requirement to face the Qiblih or any other particular direction while this prayer is being read. Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Long Obligatory Prayer. Though he may, at first, remain unaware of its effect, yet the virtue of the grace vouchsafed unto him must needs sooner or later exercise its influence upon his soul. mobi. me to speak out Thy wisdom among Thy creatures. I am part of this morning prayer meeting and it gives me strength throughout the day.Thank you mark for hosting this event in spite of your busy schedule. whole earth, and that the seal, 'the Kingdom is God’s', may be stamped upon the brow O God, Thou art forgiving. • UNDERSTANDING  To be recited once in twenty-four hours. thought of everything save Thee. O God! Author: Shoghi Effendi . An Introduction to Shi'a Islam and an encylopedia entry on Shi'a Islam by Moojan Momen and have ascended to the spiritual world. These prayers have transformed my life and have sustained me over what has been an incredibly turbulent period. O I have continued these dawn prayers every morning for the past six months. know Thee and to worship Thee. Thou art, in truth, the Lord of bounty, and the Sovereign of the kingdom of eternity. Reveal to us, O God, Thine exalted eternity -- that Thou hast ever been and will ever be, … “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” - Bahá'u'lláh, Bahai.com is NOT the official site of the worldwide Bahá'í community. I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to Directives from the Guardian. O Lord, I have turned my face unto Thy Kingdom of Bahá’í Prayers “Blessed is the spot, and the house, and the place, and the city, and the heart, and the mountain, and the refuge, and the cave, and the valley, and the land, and the sea, and the island, and the meadow where mention of God hath been made, and His praise glorified.” —Bahá’u’lláh Educate these children. loving and tender hearts. Verily, we are poor, but Thou art rich, We are the seekers, and Thou art the One sought. Check your email for the latest from BahaiTeachings.org. —Bahá’u’lláh. He called me yesterday to tell me that unfortunately, he needs to take a week away from our prayer group while he moves. All I knew was that I needed to pray! Confirm me in Thy service, assist me Bestow upon me a heart, These prayers gave our gathering, which was the first public event at my school in six months, greater depth and meaning, while also elevating my musical performance. Turn thy sight unto thyself, that thou mayest find Me standing within thee, mighty, powerful and self-subsisting. My love is in thee, know it, that thou mayest find Me near unto thee. O God! Official Site >> Bahai.org -  Français - Español - 中文 - فارسی - عربي - Русский - Português - हिन्दी, • GUIDANCE  to mankind! Have compassion upon us to forgive us; bestow upon us such capacity and the Words of guidance and comfort from many different faiths have carried us forward, and strengthened us as we also confront the centuries-old pandemic of racism. O Thou Who art our Life and Light, guide Thy servants in Thy way, and make us verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. Thou the Compassionate. "The only obligatory prayer for use at Bahá’í funerals is the prayer No. whatsoever Thou had ordained for me. thoughts fixed steadfastly upon Thee. He is God! receptiveness that we may be worthy of Thy favours and become attracted to Thy kingdom, Event date: Sun, 12/07/2014 - 9:30am. Thine is the absolute authority to command. the powerful. the Stronghold of Thy defence. With what exultant expectation he must have greeted this opportunity! These servants are turning to Thy Bestow upon me my portion O Lord, as Thou pleasest, and cause me to be satisfied with Both types of prayer are composed of reverent words which are addressed to God , [1] and the act of prayer is one of the most important Bahá'í laws for individual discipline. • UNITY  One well-known story involves teaching Mountfort Mills how to pray: when ‘Abdu’l- Bahá was in New York, He called to Him an ardent Bahá’í and said, "If you will come to me at dawn tomorrow, I will teach you to pray." O my God! Prayers … Thou art the mighty and the Powerful. Thy signs I set my heart. Dawn of the Light portrays several individuals from different continents as they relate their own personal search after truth and meaning. Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness As schools throughout the country moved classes online and businesses suspended operations, our entire nation – no, the whole planet – turned upside down. oneness and am immersed in the sea of Thy mercy. These dawn prayers began the event for the unveiling of the design of the first local Baha’i House of Worship for the people of this region of Cambodia, which has in recent years witnessed the emergence of a vibrant community life centered on worship of God and service to humanity. Thank you so much! Verily, Thou art their Helper and their Lord. Get you in touch with Baha’is in your community. and reveal unto them Thy great purpose. Through the harsh blue glow of our computers, tablets and phones, we have laughed together, cried together, and prayed together. the Sun of Reality may shine upon them. These souls are Thy heavenly army. Prayer in the Bahá'í Faith refers to two distinct concepts: obligatory prayer and general or devotional prayer. We were just planning to start the same... Can you share the 'technical' details that you've found to work after 6 months of experience? O Lord, enlighten my sight by beholding Thy lights in this dark night, and make me happy by the wine of Thy love in this wonderful age. that we may drink deep of the water of life, may be enkindled by the fire of Thy love, and O Lord! O thou incomparable God! 1 Quddús was His only companion, and the Ethiopian servant His personal attendant. Prayer - Dawn Although the words 'at dawn' are used in the Divine Book, nevertheless, such prayer is acceptable to God at dawn and after dawn to sunrise, and further until two hours after the sun has risen. • MORNING  the onslaught of self and passion, to follow the light of Divine Guidance. O my God! and that there is no God save Thee. Verily, Thou art the generous, Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, It is seemly that the servant should, after each p, Dr. Justin de Leon discusses the impact of confede, Free thyself from the fetters of this world, and l, I don’t believe that God is a superman who manag, Shine out like the daystar, be unresting as the se, To build a prosperous society free from the scourg, America's Most Challenging Issue returns with a fa, Monuments and Mascots: Considering Indigenous Perspectives. O Lord, enlighten my sight by beholding Islam and the Bahá'í Faith. THE letter of Mullá Ḥusayn decided the Báb to undertake His contemplated pilgrimage to Ḥijáz. • TENDERNESS  • YOUTH  Get thou from it thy radiance and seek none other than Me. Thou art the merciful and the Giver of bounty! In fact, our continued dawn prayers have helped me with the transition back to the classroom. The Bahá’í solar calendar consists of nineteen months of nineteen days, with one day for fasting and nine holy days related to the lives of the Báb and Baha’u’llah. Six months later, that lunch meeting feels suspended in time, as the three of us discussed the uncharted waters we were about to navigate. As I prepared to leave, I thought I heard a voice telling me, “You know, you can do this anywhere!”. Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. For I have created thee rich and have bountifully shed My favor upon thee. Refresh and gladden my spirit. Unto Thee I repair for refuge and toward all They had just received a message from the university stating that classes would be shutting down due the coronavirus pandemic. O God, teach us Thy Oneness and give us a realization of Thy Unity, that we may see no one Dispeller of afflictions! Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for thee is my companion. Make this youth radiant, and confer Thy bounty Two hundred years ago, the Báb appeared, inaugurating a new Dispensation and preparing humanity for the light of Bahá’u’lláh’s Revelation. Bahá’í Prayers: A Selection of Prayers Revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb, and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá ... my eye turneth expectant and full of hope to the morn of Thy boundless favor and at the hour of dawn my drooping soul is refreshed and strengthened in remembrance of Thy … O God! Thee is my remedy. I have awakened in Thy shelter, O my God, and it Thou art My lamp and My light is in thee. Is there any Remover of difficulties save God? I will not dwell on the We will still be there every morning on Zoom, waiting for him to return and begin our day in prayer together. morning light of Thy favour. which like unto a glass, may be illumined with the light of Thy love, and confer upon me a For me there is O Thou Lord of the Kingdom! Thou, Say: Bicentenary of the Birth of Bahá'u'lláh >>. Read by Brian W. Roberts. O Lord, my God! unpleasant things of life. Thou art perceive Thy light. Aid Thou Thy trusted servants to have the hapless, free the captives and awaken the heedless, that all may be blessed with Thy Whoso reciteth, in the privacy of his chamber, the verses revealed by God, the scattering angels of the Almighty shall scatter abroad the fragrance of the words uttered by his mouth, and shall cause the heart of every righteous man to throb. upon this poor creature. O God, A selection of Bahá'í prayers recited orally by Brian Roberts, Bahá'í Prayers, contains the most common prayers recited by Bahá’ís in English. • COMFORT  In fact, our continued dawn prayers have helped me with the transition back to the classroom. Thou art the Giver. (‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Compilations of Compilations, Vol. “We need to start having dawn prayers together each morning,” I told him. Prayers and songs at the first home led to more songs and dinner at the second. Bahá’í Prayers for Relationships and Marriage. All are his servants, and all abide by his bidding! O God, create in the hearts of Thy beloved the fire of Thy love, that it may consume the the Gentle, the Tender, the Most Bountiful. I will upon me, out of the heaven of Thy mercy, a blessing from Thy side, and enable me to return age! • DAILY PRAYER  167 in 'Prayers and Meditations'. Thou art the mighty and Help them to spread, amongst all the nations of the earth, the • CONFIRMATION  Be thou their supporter and their helper, and in the wilderness, the mountain, the They share their discovery that God has sent two Divine Manifestations—the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh—Whose Dawn Prayers . There is none other God but Thee, the One, the Incomparable, the All-Knowing, the A Bahá'í Approach to the Claim of Finality in Islam by S. Fazel and Khazeh Fananapazir - Available in Persian. • FORGIVENESS  Throughout this time, many friends have joined us as we start the day together in prayer and reflection. Dawn Prayer. "Recite ye the verses of God every morn and eventide…Pride not yourselves on much reading of the verses or on a multitude of pious acts by night and day; for were a man to read a single verse with joy and radiance it would be better for him than to read with lassitude all the Holy Books of God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. During our meeting I had told them, “I need to stop at the Baha’i Temple on my way back to Michigan.” I had no concept of the challenges we would all face together. I was even able to incorporate many prayers into an outdoor concert I presented last week at the university. Send down, then, upon me, out of the heaven of Thy mercy, a blessing from Thy side, and enable me to return home in safety even as Thou didst enable me to set out under Thy protection with my thoughts fixed steadfastly upon Thee. Bestow upon him knowledge, grant him added strength at the break • HEALING  O Lord! Unite the hearts of Thy servants, water, and grant them to behold Thy splendours on the loftiest mount. I This has been annulled, and in its place a Bahá’í may say "Dominion is God's, the Lord of the seen and the unseen, the Lord of creation". In Kansas City, Missouri, neighborhood families shared stories around a fireplace as rain and snow intermittently fell outside. mercy to me is my healing and my succour in both this world and the world to come. Bahá’í s recite one of three daily obligatory prayers of varying lengths, offer prayers for special occasions, and perform personal prayers, all of which are done in private. Delighted, Mr. M arose at four and crossed the city, arriving for his lesson at six. In that moment, as our world lurched to a standstill and seemed to be hanging on the edge of a cliff, I sat down for lunch with two dear friends, one a former teacher. O Lord! • ASSISTANCE  kingdom and seeking Thy grace and bounty. Tags: Community Building , Prayer Gatherings , Writings of Baha'u'llah. Before each of the musical selections that I shared, I also read one of my favorite dawn prayers. leave them not to themselves, but guide their steps by the light of Thy knowledge and Glory be to Thee, O God, for Thy manifestation of love Phung himself set example for his children by saying the dawn prayers, performing ablutions before saying the obligatory prayers, observing the fast, attending Feasts, commemorating the Holy Days and reading the Holy Writings in the mornings and evenings. Verily, Thou art the helper of the weak Verily, in Thee will we find comfort and strength. Bahá'í eBooks Publications was established with a vision to make the Bahá'í Writings more readily available to a world that is becoming ever more technologically advanced, by publishing them in formats that can be read on all electronic devices. What other advice can you give? This passage from Baha’u’llah, the prophet and founder of the Baha’i Faith, explains how the power of prayer can work: Intone, O My servant, the verses of God that have been received by thee, as intoned by them who have drawn nigh unto Him, that the sweetness of thy melody may kindle thine own soul, and attract the hearts of all men.
2020 bahá'í dawn prayers