For a home version to keep it simple and healthy, i have steamed the aloo and gobi. Happy to know the recipes are helping. The tips at the start of each recipe are very helpful. Glad to know! It added a beautiful texture, plus a colour pop that I really loved. Super easy and quick too. In many of your recipes you say red chili powder. 8. I have made this recipe twice now, and I really enjoy it a lot. Make the onion tomato masala and then add the grilled potatoes and cauliflower to the masala. Gobi Masala Recipe with step by step photos. Then add them to the prepared onion tomato masala. Keep stirring in between and cook covered. Serve it with plain rice, roti or paratha. Thanks, Jessica!! Christmas movie? My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. Place in a large bowl, cover with cold water and set aside. It’s the chilli powder and garam masala that gives the color. Dear Swashti, Aloo Gobi Masala: a spicy preparation of cauliflower and potato, which goes very well with any Indian bread or rice and dal combo. I also am looking forward to making palak paneer. Dry Aloo gobi … My husband loved it ! Boil water+salt on stove top or microwave. Check. Cook covered until both potatoes and cauliflower are almost tender. Not tomatoes. There can be hardly anyone who does not love aloo gobhi gravy. Photograph: Felicity Cloake the Guardian. Cover and set aside. The content is copyrighted to SWASTHI'S and may not be reproduced in any form. Aloo translates to potato and Gobi to cauliflower. Fry for 2 to 3 mins. I make aloo gobi in a few different ways. It is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisines. For home cooking, to make it healthy I prepare it as shown here. If steaming I steam the potatoes until half done, then add cauliflower. I learnt a ot from your recipes. I make the subji way usually, may be tried this couple of times […] The cauliflower should remain slightly crunchy. It's loaded with delicious spices and comes together so easily! this is an easy recipe to make gobi curry which taste like the gobi recipe that is served in restaurants. Fry them until onions turn transparent. How to make aloo gobi masala restaurant style. Serve with rice, roti or any bread. 5.Add chilli, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder & salt. 84 Comments. I have tried adding in Spinach toward the end like Jessica mentions, just stirring in to wilt, and I like the extra nutrition that adds. Thank you! Thank you. This Indian curry recipe is about making flavorful semi dry vegetarian dish with potatoes, cauliflower and tangy tomatoes. Stir to combine. Saute until the masala begins to leave the sides of the pan. The raw flavor of the tomatoes should vanish. However leaving out onion or tomatoes is just okay and the dish still turns out good. You can definitely use sweet potatoes instead. Aloo Gobi Masala – Cauliflower and Potato Curry, I used from the can, you can use can or box. Thank you! More Cauliflower recipesGobi 65Simple cauliflower curryCauliflower pakoda. Tried the Aloo Gobi yesterday & it was excellent. Aloo Gobhi is a healthy, delicious potato and … Heat oil in a pan and crackle some cumin. I can’t wait to taste it. Saute until it turns lightly golden. I would like to know, if I could also use sweet potatoes instead of the „normal“ potatoes? Yes sure will keep posting. Add them to slightly hot water and set aside 3 to 4 mins. This just takes 2 to 3 mins. Prep Time:10min Cooking Time: 12-15min Servings: 4 . If you want more liquid/gravy, add up to another ½ cup of coconut milk depending on the amount you want. Pour 3/4 cup water. Thanks again. There’s my Thai Green Curry, my Red Lentil Curry and even my Coconut Curry Soup (with Noodles). 6. I switched mine up a bit and added in spinach – because I love adding greens into my curry dishes. 1.Pour 2 tablespoons oil to a heavy bottom pan and heat it. Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce immediately to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 5 more minutes. This simple vegan aloo gobi masala is a delicious mildly-spiced north Indian dish made with potato and cauliflower, and can be served dry, or with a gravy. This delicious gobi masala made in a … Garnish aloo gobi with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti. … Add crushed kasuri methi & chopped coriander leaves. I cannot wait to make it again. Stir fry for 2 to 3 mins. More + Indian, Vegetables, Cilantro, Cumin, … The cauliflower and potato dish is complemented with spicy basmati rice. I tried this recipe. Remove the curry from the heat and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry, stirring to combine. Glad you loved it! I cook the cauliflower and potatoes partially first, until the potatoes start to crisp up. Thank you! You are welcome! Thank you! Saute until the raw smell of tomatoes and onions has completely vanished. Made it tonight, just the way the recipe states. Aloo gobi (potatoes & cauliflower) is a popular Indian dish in which potatoes and cauliflower are cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. While that's cooking, in a another pan, add the other tablespoon of coconut oil. ¾ cup potato (¾ by ¾ inch cubed ) 1 ½ cup cauliflower (150 grams) 2 tbsps oil ½ tsp cumin or jeera 1 cup onion cubed 1 green chili slit 1/8 tsp turmeric ¾ cup tomatoes cubed 1 tsp ginger garlic paste 8 cashews or 2 to 3 tbsps cream1 ¼ tsp garam masala 1 tsp coriander powder ¾ to 1 tsp red chili powder Salt as needed 1 tsp kasuri methi or dried fenugreek leaves. The cauliflower and potatoes soak the sauce right up and are the perfect vessel for it. Aloo Gobhi Instant Pot - cauliflower and potatoes curry with onions, tomatoes, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and garam masala! Just want to make sure I use the right thing because it looks so delicious and I’ve really enjoyed some of your the other recipes I’ve tried. It takes about 2 to 4 mins for the raw smell of tomatoes to go away. Servings Per Recipe: 6 Calories: 141.4 % Daily Value * protein: 2.8g 6 %. When the potatoes are half cooked, add cauliflower and stir fry for 3 mins. Keep them immersed in a bowl of water until used. 5. Happy National Cookie Day! Next add the onion paste. Aloo Gobi is a traditional Punjabi main dish made out of potatoes, cauliflower and fine blend of spices or masalas. Thanks a lot for your inspiring recipes and ideas . I recently started cooking. This Cauliflower and Potato Curry dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner!
2020 aloo gobi masala