2 Timothy 3 1 BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. 5 For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Chapter 3 1 BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. 2 For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. 2 Timothy 3 Amplified Bible (AMP) “Difficult Times Will Come” 3 But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]. There are two related reasons for this: 1. 2 Timothy 3 - Amplified Bible 1. Self-indulgence promotes, among other things, attitudes of fanaticism, false security, presumption, and fun-seeking. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy andprofane. For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly, spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed, [These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring, getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition, Now just as Jannes and Jambres were hostile to, resisted Moses, so these men also are hostile to, to be rejected as far as the faith is concerned. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them]. But as for you, continue to hold to the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced, knowing from whom you learned [them], And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of, been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you. All scripture—Greek, "Every Scripture," that is, Scripture in its every part.However, English Version is sustained, though the Greek article be wanting, by the technical use of the term "Scripture" being so well known as not to need the article (compare Greek, Ephesians 3:15; Ephesians 2:21).The Greek is never used of writings in general, but only of the sacred Scriptures. The Amplified Bible 2 Timothy 3:3 [They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good. 16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action). 2 Timothy 3:1-6. They have depraved and distorted minds, and are reprobate and counterfeit and to be rejected as far as the faith is concerned.(A). They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane. 12 Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand]. 2 For people will be lovers of self and[utterly] self-centered, lovers of money andaroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud andarrogant andcontemptuous boasters. 3 For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine and accurate instruction [that challenges them with God’s truth]; but wanting to have their ears tickled [with something pleasing], they will accumulate for themselves [many] teachers [one after another, chosen] to satisfy their own desires and to support the errors they hold, 4 and will turn their ears away from the truth and will wander off … 1So you, my son, be strong [constantly strengthened] and empowered in the grace that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus. Self-indulgence promotes, among other things, attitudes of fanaticism, false security, presumption, and fun-seeking. Neither of these men is mentioned in the Old Testament, but according to Jewish tradition they were the Egyptian court magicians who opposed Moses. [They will be] lovers of sensual pleasures, For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny. give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness]. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. 2 For people will be lovers of self [narcissistic, self-focused], lovers of money [impelled by greed], boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane, 3 [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, malicious gossips, devoid of self-control [intemperate, immoral], brutal, haters of good, 4 traitors, reckless, conceited, … 2 Timothy 3:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP) “Difficult Times Will Come” 3 But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]. Men are not improving; they are growing increasingly worse! 7:11.]. Fanaticism is unbridled obsession, and though most do not recognize it as form of self-indulgence, it is a gratification of selfish desire. 3 f I thank God g whom I serve, as did my ancestors, h with a clear conscience, as I remember you i constantly in my prayers night and day. Fanaticism is unbridled obsession, and though most do not recognize it as form of self-indulgence, it is a gratification of selfish desire. 4 No soldier in active service gets entangled in the [ordinary business] affairs of civilian life; [he avoids them] so that he may please the one who enlisted him to serve. But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra— what persecutions I endured. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them]. BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. 2 Timothy Greeting. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 10 Now you have closely observed and diligently followed my teaching, conduct, purpose in life, faith, patience, love, steadfastness. 3 For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their … The Amplified Bible 2 Timothy 3:7 [These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a … 3 For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine and accurate instruction [that challenges them with God’s truth]; but wanting to have their ears tickled [with something pleasing], they will accumulate for themselves [many] teachers [one after another, chosen] to satisfy their own desires and to support the errors they hold, 4 and will turn their ears away from the truth and will wander off … God's instruction is given so that we are well-supplied with knowledge, understanding, inspiration, and motivation to live actually and practically by faith.Yielding to God's sovereignty is not merely the rationale for divine government. 15 And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the [b]leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness]. But wicked men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceiving. 2 For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation, BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress. aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud, contemptuous boasters. Amplified© Bible; 2 Timothy 2 2 Timothy 2. 7 [These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition and knowledge of the Truth. Here God is acknowledging that human nature is prone to progressive degeneration. 2 The things [the doctrine, the precepts, the admonitions, the sum of my ministry] which you have heard me teach 4 [They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. diligently followed my teaching, conduct, purpose in life, faith, patience, love, steadfastness. discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), Learn More About Amplified Bible, Classic Edition. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. 13 But wicked men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and leading astray others and being deceived and led astray themselves. [Exod. e Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.. Guard the Deposit Entrusted to You. 1 BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand]. 8 Now just as [a]Jannes and Jambres were hostile to and resisted Moses, so these men also are hostile to and oppose the Truth. 9 But they will not get very far, for their rash folly will become obvious to everybody, as was that of those [magicians mentioned]. are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. 3 Take with me your share of hardship [passing through the difficulties which you are called to endure], like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Chapter 3. 2 To Timothy, d my beloved child: e Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. Pawła do Tymoteusza 3 SZ-PL. 3 But understand this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear]. [They will be] lovers of sensual pleasures and vain amusements more than and rather than lovers of God. Amplified Bible, Battlefield of the Mind: Psalms and Proverbs Imitation Leather, KJV and Amplified Parallel Bible, Large Print, Leathersoft, Camel/rich red, KJV and Amplified Parallel Bible, Large Print, Hardcover, The New Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word For Everyday Living, Amplified & NKJV Parallel Bible Bonded Leather, Black, Large Print - Imperfectly Imprinted Bibles, Battlefield of the Mind Bible: Renew Your Mind Through the Power of God's Word, Imitation Leather, brown. The apostle forewarns Timothy what the last days would be, with the reasons thereof ().II. Prescribes various remedies against them (v. 10to the end), particularly his own example ("But thou hast fully known my doctrine,’’ etc.) But they will not get very far, for their rash folly will become obvious to everybody, as was that of those [magicians mentioned]. Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC). 11 Persecutions, sufferings—such as occurred to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra, persecutions I endured, but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 1 So you, my son, be strong [constantly strengthened] and empowered in the grace that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15 And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness]. 2 Timothy 3:13. 2. Be Strong. Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof, conviction of sin, for correction of error. 17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their … 16 All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; 17 so that the [a]man of God may be complete andproficient, outfitted … 2 Timothy 3 AMP - Drugi List św. 2 For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.a. Sin has a drug-like addictive quality in that the sense of relief, satisfaction, or pleasure derived from it does not last. I. 3 [They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good. 2 For people will be lovers of self [narcissistic, self-focused], lovers of money [impelled by greed], boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane, 3 [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, malicious gossips, devoid of self-control [intemperate, immoral], brutal, haters of good, 4 traitors, reckless, conceited, … 2 For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. 6 For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses. Have nothing to do with such people. Amplified© Bible; 2 Timothy 3 2 Timothy 3 “Difficult Times Will Come” 1But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]. 2 To Timothy, d my beloved child:. 1 Paul, a an apostle of Christ Jesus b by the will of God according to c the promise of the life that is in Christ Jesus,. Persecutions, sufferings–such as occurred to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra, persecutions I endured, but out of them all the Lord delivered me. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, [They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate, [They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. 14 But as for you, continue to hold to the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced, knowing from whom you learned [them]. 2 Timothy 3:16-17. 2 For people will be lovers of self [narcissistic, self-focused], lovers of money [impelled by greed], boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane, 3 [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, malicious gossips, devoid of self-control [intemperate, immoral], brutal, haters of good, 4 traitors, reckless, conceited, … 2 Timothy 3:16. 2 Timothy 3:1-6.
2020 2 timothy 3 amplified